RemedySpot.com

Re: my back update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I went to an MD and she said these fractures never really heal because the weight of the body will always push it out of place again. Right now I'm on pain meds which I hate taking but can't stand it without them. They don't take all the pain away but at least help me sleep, which is about all I can do 95% of the time. Thank God they were cheap!...$11.00. I was worried I might not be able to afford the prescription!

Anyway, hanging in there, mostly flat on my back. I just used some deep tissue repair oil that Suzi had sent me awhile ago. If anyone has some MSM I'd love to have that too. I don't have any.

Thanks.

Gloria

************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

Guest guest

Well, I fractured my coccyx in January of 1989 and it completely healed. I was in a great deal of pain until the anti-inflammatories kicked in

This is good news for me to hear. I'm not exactly on pain meds...they are anti-inflammatories and anti-spasmodics. The pain is still there but at least I'm not in spasms right now. But laying flat is the only real comfortable position. Rubbing with the deep tissue oil helps but the effect it doesn't last long.

Gloria

************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

Guest guest

got any tumeric? It is another anti inflammatory herb.

Actually I do have some. I bought some organic tumeric from Mountain Rose when I got some herbs last time. Last week I resorted to putting a big tbsp. in some water and just drinking it down. I couldn't stand long enough to make capsules so I just gulped it down. Maybe I should start doing it on a regular basis.

Gloria

Guest guest

I have a package I'm getting together for you...

Oh, Suzi...you know anything and everything is greatly appreciated. I think this is the most humble and grateful I've ever felt in my life! Bless you!

I'm not keen on the calcium citrate because of past experience. I was wondering if Syn-Flex would help. It says it can rebuild cartilage. What do you think? I have a compression fracture.

xoxoxoxox Gloria

Guest guest

Anyway, I am putting deep tissue repair on it, alternating hot and

cold when needed, and keeping it aired out.

Anything to do with your back is really the worst. And technically I guess your a#% is a part of your back. I tried hot and cold but it didn't do anything. That was before I found our it was a compression fracture and thought I had just pulled something.

You really should get unemployment under the circumstances. I once has a job that fought my getting it but I won. Just don't give up. My newest motto: NEVER give up!

Gloria

Guest guest

Well, I fractured my coccyx in January of

1989 and it completely healed. I was in a great deal of pain until the

anti-inflammatories kicked in (to reduce the swelling around the fracture, the

pressure from which was causing most of the pain), but I don’t think I

ever used pain meds.

And I hope you have a stack of good books

to read!

If you’ll email me your snail mail

address privately, I’ll put a little something in the mail for you.

Sharyn

[mailto:health ] On Behalf Of MorningGlory113@...

I went to an MD and she

said these fractures never really heal because the weight of the body will

always push it out of place again. Right now I'm on pain meds which I hate

taking but can't stand it without them. They don't take all the pain away but

at least help me sleep, which is about all I can do 95% of the time. Thank God

they were cheap!...$11.00. I was worried I might not be able to afford the

prescription!

Anyway, hanging in there, mostly flat on my back. I just used some deep tissue

repair oil that Suzi had sent me awhile ago. If anyone has some MSM I'd love to

have that too. I don't have any.

Guest guest

Gloria, got any tumeric? It is another anti inflammatory herb. Suzi MorningGlory113@... wrote: Well, I fractured my coccyx in January of 1989 and it completely healed. I was in a great deal of pain until the anti-inflammatories kicked in This is good news for me to hear. I'm not exactly on pain

meds...they are anti-inflammatories and anti-spasmodics. The pain is still there but at least I'm not in spasms right now. But laying flat is the only real comfortable position. Rubbing with the deep tissue oil helps but the effect it doesn't last long.Gloria

oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

Guest guest

Gloria, I have a package I'm getting together for you... don't have alot of MSM but I'll send you some along with some comfrey and a little bit of BF & C.... (didn't realize I was down to last bottle so I split it with you.) Also am going to send you some calcium citrate. SuziMorningGlory113@... wrote: I went to an MD and she said these fractures never really heal because the weight of the body will always push it out of place again. Right now I'm on pain meds which I hate taking but can't stand it without them. They don't take all the pain away but at least help me sleep, which is about all I can do 95% of the time. Thank God they were cheap!...$11.00. I was worried I might not be able to afford the

prescription!Anyway, hanging in there, mostly flat on my back. I just used some deep tissue repair oil that Suzi had sent me awhile ago. If anyone has some MSM I'd love to have that too. I don't have any.Thanks.Gloria

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Check out fitting gifts for grads at Search.

Guest guest

You can make the paste by mixing 2 parts Turmeric with 1 part lime juice[,] and adding just enough boiling water to make a smooth, warm paste. Apply to the problem area. You can also cover with plastic wrap to retain the moist heat longer.

I might try this poultice plus taking it internally. I just took a heaping tbsp.of tumeric mixed in a glass of water. The taste takes some getting used to but it isn't horrible for me because I like musky Indian spices. Plus I'm willing to take ANYTHING that helps.

Gloria

Guest guest

it will lubricate so that should help some.MorningGlory113@... wrote: I have a package I'm getting together for you... Oh, Suzi...you know anything and everything is greatly appreciated. I think this is the most humble and grateful I've ever felt in my life! Bless you! I'm not keen on the calcium citrate because of past experience. I was

wondering if Syn-Flex would help. It says it can rebuild cartilage. What do you think? I have a compression fracture.

oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

Guest guest

Boy, I can relate!! During filming of a training video I was working

on, I had to do a " prat-fall " , and I cracked my a##, um I mean my

tail bone. It was a few weeks ago, and I still can't sit for long

periods of time.

Now that I am laid off, I am having legal battles with my former

empoloyers about worker's comp, but I've got a good lawyer that

handles this sort of thing.

Not handles my tailbone, but handles the... well you get it.

Anyway, I am putting deep tissue repair on it, alternating hot and

cold when needed, and keeping it aired out.

That last part is just because I like to say I am airing my a##. Tee

hee!!

Peace, love, laughter

>

> Well, I fractured my coccyx in January of 1989 and it completely

healed. I

> was in a great deal of pain until the anti-inflammatories kicked in

(to

> reduce the swelling around the fracture, the pressure from which

was causing

> most of the pain), but I don't think I ever used pain meds.

>

>

>

> And I hope you have a stack of good books to read!

>

>

>

> If you'll email me your snail mail address privately, I'll put a

little

> something in the mail for you.

>

>

>

> Sharyn

Take it at twice a day... and see how it goes. Turmeric...Age Old Remedy or Modern Marvel?Author: Sherry EldridgePublished on: October 10, 2000 Turmeric Curcuma longa Folklore/Common Names: Indian Saffron Parts Used: Root only Historical Reference Despite the esteem with which Turmeric was valued as a medicinal, culinary and decorative herb in the East, to the Western world of thought, Turmeric was virtually overlooked, at least until relatively recently in our history. For years, Europeans knew it only as a source of exotic flavor and food coloring, and of its use as natural fabric

dye, but one doesn't find many references to Turmeric at all in the old European herbals. In the East, however, it's quite another story. Turmeric has held a special place in Ayurvedic medicine for more than 5000 years, commonly used to treat fever, wounds, infections, dysentery, arthritis, jaundice and other liver problems. Ayurveda is an Eastern 'holistic' approach to wellness that carries the premise that the fundamental energy of life expresses itself through three doshas, or physical/personality types, and that a strong key to health and wellness is approached through balancing the doshas through the diet. The properties of every single ingredient in a food dish are important. Turmeric's inclusion in so many varieties of Indian cuisine may be a reflection of its many beneficial medicinal properties as well. The Chinese use Turmeric in a similar manner, applying Turmeric's properties to the treatment of shoulder pain, menstrual pain and colic. Natives in Samoa were known to use powdered Turmeric to treat skin ulcers, acne, dermatitis and eczema, psoriasis, and even heal the navel of the newborn. Of course, its application as a natural dye source was also utilized. In Thailand, Turmeric was used to dye the robes of the Buddhist monks their rich yellow color. Medicinal Use Cautions: Persons with gallstones or bile duct dysfunction should not use Turmeric. Do not use if you have a blood-clotting disorder. Consult with a doctor first if you are pregnant. Do not give to children under two. People over 65 and older children should start with low-strength preparations and increase dosage slowly if necessary. Overdose and Extended Use can lead to stomach problems. On the surface, Turmeric sounds a bit like it's trying to claim status as a miracle cure, as you'll find it mentioned in herbals for use in treatment of all of the following - Internally for jaundice,

indigestion, gas, stomach pain, cramps, diarrhea, fever, swelling, bronchitis, colds, chest infections, leprosy, worms, kidney and bladder inflammation, headache, and missed menstrual periods; and Externally for bruises, leech bites, festering eye infections, inflammation in the mouth, inflamed skin, and infected wounds. Modern science, instead of refuting Turmeric's attributed benefits, has shown that Turmeric truly does have properties that would indicate effective treatment of all of the above and then some...and turned up some important additional benefits in the process. Research confirms that Turmeric does protect the stomach lining, helping to prevent ulcers; has anti-inflammatory effects, confirming its benefits in treating arthritis; has antibacterial action; and stimulates the flow of bile, which validates its use as a digestive aid. Yet what is most exciting is that Turmeric is also being shown to help prevent heart disease by lowering

cholesterol and preventing the formation of blood clots that can trigger heart attack and stroke. Its antioxidant effects are currently being studied as cancer fighters. Important News for Alcohol and Tylenol UsersResearchers of medicinal herbs in the scientific community recommend that if one drinks alcohol regularly, or takes high does of prescription pharmaceuticals, including Tylenol (acetaminophen), one may be at risk for liver damage, and Turmeric does appear to offer a discernable degree of protection in such cases. To summarize, Turmeric is highly recommended to: Protect the Liver Aid Digestion Combat Loss of Appetite Gallbladder Problems Combat Heart Disease Relieve Arthritis Prevent some Cancers Protect Against Ulcers Treat Dysentery Provide relieve from the suffering of seasonal allergies when used in a timely fashion PLEASE NOTE: The conditions

Turmeric can benefit when taken internally - heart disease, cancer, liver problems - are quite serious and require a doctor's care. Discuss with your doctor the beneficial addition of Turmeric to your diet, along with standard therapies. External Use Turmeric is not just an internal medication. An application of a Turmeric and lime juice paste was used in India and China as treatment for the lesions of eruptive diseases (herpes, measles, mumps, chickenpox, ringworm, etc) as well as snake and insect bite, all with excellent results. Modern herbalists still recommend this paste externally for relief from the pain of arthritis tendonitis bursitis sprains and fractures carpal tunnel syndrome You can make the paste by mixing 2 parts Turmeric with 1 part lime juice[,] and adding just enough boiling water to make a smooth, warm paste. Apply to the problem area. You can also cover with

plastic wrap to retain the moist heat longer. Using TurmericIf you enjoy Indian food, adding Turmeric to your daily diet will be both a benefit and a pleasure! Be aware that pleasant tasting Turmeric can become bitter in larger amounts. If you aren't that fond of Indian cuisine, you can make a medicinal drink from one teaspoon of turmeric powdered in a cup of warm milk. Drink up to three cups a day. If the combination doesn't agree with you, discontinue. If you aren't fond of Indian food OR of milk, you can also prepare an infusion (tea) by adding 1 gram of powdered Turmeric to boiling water, steep for 5 minutes, and strain before drinking. Store Turmeric root and/or powder away from light to maintain potency. another site of info: http://nccam.nih.gov/health/turmeric/index.htm MorningGlory113@... wrote: Actually I do have some. I bought some organic tumeric from Mountain Rose when I got some herbs last time. Last week I resorted to putting a big tbsp. in some water and just drinking it down. I couldn't stand long enough to make capsules so I just gulped it down. Maybe I should start doing it on a regular basis.Gloria Suzi List Owner What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. health/ http://360./suziesgoats

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.

Back pains (notably spasms) a little less...I notice every minute improvement. I seems to get a little better the more I stay flat in bed. It's no picnic but that's the way it is right now.

I wanted to publicly thank our dear Sharyn for being a miracle, an angel and a lifesaver for her generosity in a real time of need. The people on this list are wonderful and I'm happy to be a member of it. I hope we will always be there for each other!!

Love you guys!

Gloria************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

Gloria,

I agree...Sharyn is a true blessing to all. A wonderful person in

so many ways. I know that I am personally thankful that she is

around!!

Caroline

I wanted to publicly thank our

dear Sharyn for being a miracle, an angel and a lifesaver for her

generosity in a real time of need. The people on this list are wonderful

and I'm happy to be a member of it. I hope we will always be there for

each other!!

Love you guys!

Gloria

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.11.11/944 - Release Date: 8/9/2007 2:44

PM

What nice posts to wake up to this

morning! Thank you so much!

And you’re both very welcome…<BG>

Sharyn

Gloria,

I agree...Sharyn is a true blessing to all. A wonderful person in so many

ways. I know that I am personally thankful that she is around!!

Caroline

I wanted to publicly thank our dear Sharyn for being a miracle, an

angel and a lifesaver for her generosity in a real time of need. The people on

this list are wonderful and I'm happy to be a member of it. I hope we will

always be there for each other!!

Love you guys!

Gloria