health

Subject:

Re:arthritis help

Eliminate

all acid-producing foods. Eliminate all sugars. Eliminate the

nightshade family of foods. Add wholefood-based

antioxidants. Rebound.

Carol

one thing I have found is that caffeine is a pain reliever. That's why it is in so many cold and flu OTC meds. But for arthritis, while it relieves the pain on Monday, on Tuesday it is much worse. So I avoid caffeine although I long for a good cuppa almost daily!

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlBill Barnhill is our Inspiration! Go Bill!!!aeranch@...

thanks to those that have replied. i think the advice about not eating acid producing foods is right on...however, upon looking at the list, there is so little foods in the alkalizing group that i like...i love most of the acid-producing types. it was sooo hard today not eating a huge slice of watermelon *sigh*. i spent most of the day trying so hard not to eat the poisons that i have been used to most of my life (being italian)! perhaps tonight i will sleep with less pain. i appreciate any support in this area... i don't know what type of arthritis i have. i will again have to ask my doctor. ...then there's the diabetes...diana-- http://www.succulents4u.com avid succulent growerkitchen witchgood friendsan marcos, california...sunny and warmlove is all there is...!

What?! Why no watermelon? I've been living on watermelon this summer and have never felt better. Literally. I eat about 15# a day and last week did it for four days in a row.

Why on earth would you not eat watermelon? I must have missed something. Melons are very cooling and alkalizing.

Shari

Thanks Carol! I posted before I read you said the same thing as I about watermelon.

And also, it's not fruit that is the problem with diabetes, it's fat. It is a proven fact that fat causes the sugar to stay in the bloodstream too long and causes all sorts of problems. You can eat all the fruit you want, even if you have diabetes, as long as you eat NO fat. No oils, no fats which includes avocados, and absolutely no animal fats. Not even "good" fats, flax, fish, etc...

Read "The 80/10/10 Diet" by Dr. Doug Graham. He explains it very well.

Shari

Mega doses of MSM, organic iron, calcium & magnesium. Drinking acv along with soaking in it will also do wonders... and if you're brave enough and your diet is pretty clean... you have urine therapy. Suzidiana gia <babygirl.di@...> wrote: thanks to those that have replied. i think the advice about not eating acid producing foods is right on...however, upon looking at the list, there is so little foods in the alkalizing group that i like...i love most of the acid-producing types. it was sooo hard today not eating a huge slice of watermelon *sigh*. i spent most of the day trying so hard not to eat the poisons that i have been used to most of my life (being italian)! perhaps tonight i will sleep with less pain. i appreciate any support in this area...

i don't know what type of arthritis i have. i will again have to ask my doctor. ...then there's the diabetes...

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.

I think I would try it as far as putting one drop on my tongue. I would for sure follows the suggestions for starting out, but I'm not sure about drinking a whole glass.

Never say never.

Shari

I have not yet internally... however, I recommended it to someone who had athlete's foot bad.. It did cure it after a couple times. Gloria, You have to remember my "IF ONLY" theory. If I had cancer I would try everything (INCLUDING UT) as I do not wish to get those pearly gates and have God say "If only... you had tried this...I gave you knowledge of it.... you aren't supposed to be here yet." So honestly, yes I would if nothing else was working. I am thinking about it currently as this "bursitis" thing is just not going totally away (as fast as I want it to).. I need to clean my diet up a bit before I do this.... AND YES... I will report to you all when I do. Which brings up the question... has anyone tried this themselves?MorningGlory113@... wrote: you have urine therapy.Suzi...have you tried it? Would you??Be honest now ;-). Gloria**************************************Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

Shape in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!

Actually, it all matters. Watermelon

will turn into glucose in the bloodstream very quickly in a diabetic

patient. Soluble fiber and good fats can actually slow the absorption

down enough to mitigate this spike somewhat. When glucose gets to the

bloodstream too quickly in a diabetic person, they will have a high BS reading

and need more insulin to bring it down, which sometimes causes a roller coaster

effect of highs and lows. So if you want that watermelon Diane, I would

eat something high in soluble fiber first or at least take a fiber supplement

before having a slice. Vegetables need to be your biggest player in daily

eating, with the highest and leanest of proteins being a close second. Think

soup or stew with lots of legumes. Grains should be kept to a minimum and

only be from whole grains.

Janet

Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007

8:29 AM

health

Subject: Re:

Doesn't matter, it's the fat that matters, not the sugar.

Shari

So true, Janet. My grandmother was diabetic and she could not eat

all the fruit she wanted. She was limited to certain fruit that was

lower on the glycemic scale than high sugar fruit and she had to combine

her fruit with some sort of protein, fat or fiber. A high sugar

fruit was send her blood sugar into the stratosphere. She often had

to eat her fruit at breakfast with eggs, bacon, shredded wheat or some

other food. Nine people on my grandmother's side of the family were

diabetic and each one of them was this way. I also used to work

with a woman that was diabetic and she was extremely limited in her fruit

intake - she could have berries and that was about it.

Fat is also necessary for the body. The only food your brain uses

for fuel is fat (certain kinds of fat, true, but fat

nonetheless)

At 01:16 PM 8/15/2007, you wrote:

Actually, it all

matters. Watermelon will turn into glucose in the bloodstream very

quickly in a diabetic patient. Soluble fiber and good fats can

actually slow the absorption down enough to mitigate this spike

somewhat. When glucose gets to the bloodstream too quickly in a

diabetic person, they will have a high BS reading and need more insulin

to bring it down, which sometimes causes a roller coaster effect of highs

and lows. So if you want that watermelon Diane, I would eat

something high in soluble fiber first or at least take a fiber supplement

before having a slice. Vegetables need to be your biggest player in

daily eating, with the highest and leanest of proteins being a close

second. Think soup or stew with lots of legumes. Grains

should be kept to a minimum and only be from whole grains.

Janet

health

[

mailto:health ] On Behalf Of

SV

Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 8:29 AM

health

Subject: Re: Re:arthritis help

Doesn't matter, it's the fat that matters, not the sugar.

Page 39 - "The 80/10/10 Diet" - prior to what I am going to quote he talks about the different types of diabetes and the staggering numbers................

"Given the horrors of this road to ruin, one would expect the masses to cry out for a solution to the growing epidemic of diabetes. Instead, we seem determined to seal the fate that th eCenters for Disease Control has so ominously predicted. How do we ensure the outcome they fortell? we simply need to continue doing what we have done for over sitxty years: eating a diet that id predominated by fat.......................

This fat/diabetes connection is not something I fabricated, and it is not unrecognized in conventional medical circles. But it's simple truth points to a condition far too easily and naturally remedied for the mediopharmaceutical cartel to want any part of it.

The correlation was documented as early as the 1920's:

In 1927 Dr. E. P. Joslin of the famous Joslin Diabetic Center in Boston suspected a high-fat, high-cholesterol diet might contribute to the development of diabetes.

In 1936, Dr. I.M. Rabinowitch of Canada presented 1,000 case studies demonstrating it to the Diabetic Association in Boston. In his presentation, he proved that the main factor inhibiting the metabolism of blood sugar in the presence of normal insulin was too much fat in the blood.

In 1959, the Jornal of the American Medical Association also documented this casual relationship between fat consumption and diabetes..............

As I have stated repeatedly, consuming fruit does not cause blood-sugar problems, but overeating fat does. If you remove the fat from the diet, in most cases blood-sugar levels return to normal, as does pancreatic functioning. Restricting fruit from the diet is not the cure. In fact, the opposite is true."

There are many more pages, but you get the idea and I hope it piques your interest enough to do more study on this matter. I very much doubt Dr. Graham would print anything but his experience in these pages and he states "I have worked with many diabetics over the past twenty-five years........."

He states that underconsumption of fruit is a cause of diabetes or a roadblock to recovery.

Shari

Hi Shari,

I have been looking for this book but can't find it in any bookstores. Did you get yours online? I would rather go pick it up if you know where I can find it. Thanks.

Peace on earth.

Cheryl

Re: Re:arthritis help

Page 39 - "The 80/10/10 Diet" - prior to what I am going to quote he talks about the different types of diabetes and the staggering numbers................

"Given the horrors of this road to ruin, one would expect the masses to cry out for a solution to the growing epidemic of diabetes. Instead, we seem determined to seal the fate that th eCenters for Disease Control has so ominously predicted. How do we ensure the outcome they fortell? we simply need to continue doing what we have done for over sitxty years: eating a diet that id predominated by fat.......................

This fat/diabetes connection is not something I fabricated, and it is not unrecognized in conventional medical circles. But it's simple truth points to a condition far too easily and naturally remedied for the mediopharmaceutical cartel to want any part of it.

In 1927 Dr. E. P. Joslin of the famous Joslin Diabetic Center in Boston suspected a high-fat, high-cholesterol diet might contribute to the development of diabetes. In 1936, Dr. I.M. Rabinowitch of Canada presented 1,000 case studies demonstrating it to the Diabetic Association in Boston. In his presentation, he proved that the main factor inhibiting the metabolism of blood sugar in the presence of normal insulin was too much fat in the blood. In 1959, the Jornal of the American Medical Association also documented this casual relationship between fat consumption and diabetes..............

As I have stated repeatedly, consuming fruit does not cause blood-sugar problems, but overeating fat does. If you remove the fat from the diet, in most cases blood-sugar levels return to normal, as does pancreatic functioning. Restricting fruit from the diet is not the cure. In fact, the opposite is true."

There are many more pages, but you get the idea and I hope it piques your interest enough to do more study on this matter. I very much doubt Dr. Graham would print anything but his experience in these pages and he states "I have worked with many diabetics over the past twenty-five years........."

He states that underconsumption of fruit is a cause of diabetes or a roadblock to recovery.

Shari

however, I recommended it to someone who had athlete's foot bad.. It did cure it after a couple times.

The simplest way to cure athletes foot is dip your feet in ACV. One time does it. It may take the itch a day or so to go away, but one dip kills the nasty stuff. Don't dry your feet, just stick on socks over the ACV.

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlBill Barnhill is our Inspiration! Go Bill!!!aeranch@...

A long time. Don't rush it or you'll have problems later on. Did they give you one of those wire cages as they call them to wear when you're standing up? That did help with the pain and hold the back in the correct shape. Hang in there - slowly but surely it'll get better and you'll have a built in excuse to avoid work when you want to.......oooohhhh, I can't - my back is broke..........it works good. Trust me. LOL!

A month in bed now. Anybody know how long it takes for this thing to heal or at least for the pain to go away???

Becky

Why be difficult? Put some effort in and be impossible.

My son tried that and it helped but did not go away completely. He called it the "creeping crud".. lol.. the pee worked... SuziGayla <aeranch@...> wrote: however, I recommended it to someone who had athlete's foot bad.. It did cure it after a couple times. The simplest way to cure athletes foot is dip your feet in ACV. One time does it. It may take the itch a day or so to go away, but one dip kills the nasty stuff. Don't dry your feet, just stick on socks over the ACV. Gayla

Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with FareChase.

you'll have a built in excuse to avoid work when you want to.......oooohhhh, I can't - my back is broke

I'm really looking forward to going back to work as the bills are piling up and don't get sick pay or disability. I hope to NEVER have to call in again and say "My back is broken"!!!! When this is over I hope it's over for good!

No back brace. Just stay in bed and read and hobble around the house a bit. Just learning to handle "what is" right now.

Gloria

************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

When I broke mine, Gloria (I *always* type Glorida!<G>), it was a

long time ago (January of 1989), but I don’t remember it taking that

long. The pain diminished to bearable so I could get back to work within

a couple of days of starting the anti-inflammatory med (Feldene??). I

remember that I had to sit on a pillow at work for awhile, but I sure wasn’t

in bed for a month!

The pain at first was horrendous, though…if

I moved wrong, I’d break out into a cold sweat and almost pass out.

Big gentle hugs to you…let me know

if you need another envelope!

Sharyn

From: health [mailto:health ] On Behalf Of MorningGlory113@...

I wish I could pee on my back. A month in bed now. Anybody know how long it

takes for this thing to heal or at least for the pain to go away??? I want to

get back out into the world!!!!

Current research shows there is a link

between visceral (belly) fat and the onset of diabetes type 2. All

diabetics are advised to watch their fat intake. Like I said, good fats

are OK in moderation. This means a little olive oil, not a large order of

Mc’s fries. Of course the people with high blood serum fat

are more likely to develop diabetes; they are usually gulping down high-sugar

soda with that burger and fries, which overwhelms the pancreas’ beta

cells. That being said, managing the highs and lows of diabetes is the

key factor in a diabetic diet. If caught early enough, some patients have

been able to ease back into a normal healthy diet, including fresh whole

fruit. These are the ones that exercise, lose the belly fat, and follow a

low glycemic index diet for the time it takes the body to recover. My

brother did this. It took him a year, and he is still lean and has a

normal BS reading. Anyone who carries their fat around the middle has

increased risk factors for diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.

The rising numbers of type 2 cases in the US are due to

diet. Huge populations of peoples genetically keyed to eating a high

fiber diet come to the US

and start eating burgers and fries every day, with little fruit or vegetables

and no exercise. American Indians are at very high risk because for

thousands of years they ate nuts, seeds, and legumes – very high in

fibers. Kids are coming down with it more and more because they are

eating more refined foods, huge amounts of sugar, and get little exercise,

fruits, or vegetables.

It is more than just a fat problem; it is

a whole lifestyle problem.

Janet

Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007

3:18 PM

health

Subject: Re:

Page 39 - " The 80/10/10 Diet " - prior to what I am

going to quote he talks about the different types of diabetes and the

staggering numbers................

" Given the horrors of this road to ruin, one would

expect the masses to cry out for a solution to the growing epidemic of

diabetes. Instead, we seem determined to seal the fate that th eCenters

for Disease Control has so ominously predicted. How do we ensure the

outcome they fortell? we simply need to continue doing what we have done

for over sitxty years: eating a diet that id predominated by fat.......................

This fat/diabetes connection is not something I fabricated,

and it is not unrecognized in conventional medical circles. But it's

simple truth points to a condition far too easily and naturally remedied for

the mediopharmaceutical cartel to want any part of it.

In 1927 Dr. E. P. Joslin of the famous Joslin Diabetic

Center in Boston suspected a high-fat,

high-cholesterol diet might contribute to the development of diabetes.

In 1936, Dr. I.M. Rabinowitch of Canada presented 1,000 case studies

demonstrating it to the Diabetic Association in Boston. In his presentation, he

proved that the main factor inhibiting the metabolism of blood sugar

in the presence of normal insulin was too much fat in the blood.

In 1959, the Jornal of the American Medical

Association also documented this casual relationship between fat

consumption and diabetes..............

As I have stated repeatedly, consuming fruit does not cause

blood-sugar problems, but overeating fat does. If you remove the fat from

the diet, in most cases blood-sugar levels return to normal, as does pancreatic

functioning. Restricting fruit from the diet is not the cure. In

fact, the opposite is true. "

There are many more pages, but you get the idea and I hope

it piques your interest enough to do more study on this matter. I very

much doubt Dr. Graham would print anything but his experience in these pages

and he states " I have worked with many diabetics over the past twenty-five

years......... "

He states that underconsumption of fruit is a cause of

diabetes or a roadblock to recovery.

Shari

I remember that I had to sit on a pillow at work for awhile, but I sure wasn’t in bed for a month!

Big gentle hugs to you…let me know if you need another envelope!

I guess this is just a tough one to heal Sharyn. Yesterday I had to go out on my own and boy did it flare back up when I got home. Today is another day on my back becuse that's when it feels better. You were lucky!!

Thanks again for everything!!!!

Gloria

************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

How about meditation, Gloria?

Doing lots of that Sharyn. I've been studying A Course in MIracles and read that a few hours a day, plus meditate and do healing meditations.

Thanks for the meditation link. I'll check it out.

Gloria