RemedySpot.com

Re: Cucumber salads

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I love cukes. I have been eating them fresh from the garden for a couple of weeks now. But if sprinkled with salt they get rubbery and limp. Unappealing. To me, much more bettah just sliced and eaten. With or without dressing.

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlBill Barnhill is our Inspiration! Go Bill!!!aeranch@...

Guest guest

Gayla,

Lucky you as my cukes were under attack by two days of high winds here

in CO. I grew many from seed, looked beautiful in the pots, but now

they are having second thoughts about growing. Wish I could enjoy

those homegrown cukes too. Think of me each time you take a bite.

carolg

>

> I love cukes. I have been eating them fresh from the garden for a

couple of weeks now. But if sprinkled with salt they get rubbery and

limp. Unappealing. To me, much more bettah just sliced and eaten. With

or without dressing.

> Gayla

> Always Enough Ranch

>

Guest guest

We had some bad winds too here. They really hurt my snap peas, but they are at the end of their season too because of the heat. If you can put any kind of windbreak up for your crops, even a 1 foot wall will gentle the wind for 20 feet along the ground. Even some branches laid out to windward will break the force of the wind.

I know you are growing Armenians, what else? I have Armenians, Parisian pickling, lemon and Mandurians. The Mandurians are like Armenians - they are not really cukes; they are immature melons. First time I have grown them and they are neat - more elongated that the lemons and covered with soft fuzz you rub off and crunch in the garden. Yours will come - be patient. Growing a garden is one ultimate test for patience, I think. My big test is waiting for tomatoes and melons.

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlBill Barnhill is our Inspiration! Go Bill!!!aeranch@...

Re: Cucumber salads

Gayla,Lucky you as my cukes were under attack by two days of high winds here in CO. I grew many from seed, looked beautiful in the pots, but now they are having second thoughts about growing. Wish I could enjoy those homegrown cukes too. Think of me each time you take a bite.carolg>> I love cukes. I have been eating them fresh from the garden for a couple of weeks now. But if sprinkled with salt they get rubbery and limp. Unappealing. To me, much more bettah just sliced and eaten. With or without dressing.> Gayla > Always Enough Ranch>