RemedySpot.com

Re: 2 fractures

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What are they doing for you Gloria?

The dr. said there's nothing that can be done. She said she had a compression fracture 20 yrs. ago and she is still in pain everyday. She said she didn't want an operation (most of the time it doesn't work anyway). She doesn't usually prescribe narcotic pain killers but she said she would if I promised to be very careful using them. She said because of the weight of the body the fracture will never heal and the best to be done is keeping the pain at bay. One is in the middle of my back and the other in the lower back. She said I am also developing a condition known as spondylolysis in my lower back.

Bummer.

Gloria

************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

Five weeks into this, you should be well on your way to healing, NOT hearing that it’s getting worse!

That's what I was hoping. Then the new set of x-rays showed another fracture that the chiro didn't see. Apparently medical science can't do anything about it if the doctor herself has one and is still in pain. I'm not letting this become a nightmare for me. There HAS to be a way. There always is.

Has been taking lots of tumeric but it didn't do much.

Gloria

************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

What are they doing for you Gloria? MorningGlory113@... wrote: Gloria who just went to the dr. today and found x-rays show 2 spinal fractures, not just one. :-( No wonder I've been practically a bed ridden mess in constant pain for 5 weeks.

Sick sense of humor? Visit TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when.

You *really*

don’t want to go there, Gloria. (Typed Glorida again.<G>)

That’s like an arthritis in your lower back. If that’s the

problem, then I would start taking anti-inflammatory stuff immediately…celery

seed, cherry juice, turmeric…Suzi, you can help her out here better than

I can.

Five weeks into this, you should be well

on your way to healing, NOT hearing that it’s getting worse!

Sharyn

From: health [mailto:health ] On Behalf Of MorningGlory113@...

One is in the middle of my back and the other in the lower back. She said I am

also developing a condition known as spondylolysis

in my lower back.

ok, if the tumeric is not working then we try something else... Not everyone is the same... Try mega doses of MSM, start on the comfrey... 1 tab twice a day.... if you have an ointment with it ... use it. remember to get off comfrey after 2 wks for a week.. Also, try ginger twice a day every day as an anti inflamatory. Spinach, turnip leaf, watercress, orange, figs are all good for bone building.Organic iron and calcium should be in your diet. I will see if I have an extra bottle of DMSO... it may help the pain of the fracture along with other thing... (Read up on it) Make sure your hands are clean when applying it. Substances such as proteins and minerals are the building blocks of bones, any fracture or break in the bones requires abundant supplies of these very essential nutrients within the body to bring about healing and recovery. The most vital and

essential minerals in this regard are silica, calcium and magnesium, which must be available in abundant amounts within the body and in the diet. The essential mineral silica is found in abundance in the form of a water-soluble vegetal silica capsules or in a gel form-known as silicea, it can be used as a supplemental measure in both forms. The absorption of the essential mineral calcium is promoted by the levels of the vitamins C and D within the body. The health of bones in the human body is also determined by the vitamin C. All diets must therefore include this vitamin in abundant quantities. All diets must also include green food supplements, because they provide an important

trace mineral supply and a rich abundant chlorophyll component. All the herbal remedies given below will help in bringing about an effective reduction in the swelling caused by a fracture; these will also help in the absorption of calcium and ultimately in rebuilding the bones. The chronic swelling around the sites of the broken bones can be reduced through baths with water containing the horsetail herb. Silica contained in the horsetail aids the body in the absorption and utilization of calcium, it also ultimately aids in the rebuilding of the bones. The bath water used can be fortified by adding 5 drops of horsetail oil. After bathing with this water, a comfrey tincture can be directly applied on to the injured area. Topical applications of sorrel or packs of

goldenrod can also be placed directly on the injured area. Homeopathy Calc. phos.Calc. phos. is to be used in the homeopathic treatment of fractures, the two main bone minerals are calcium and phosphorus - these two are essential for building up healthy bones and must be present in abundant quantities within the body during recovery from fractures. The daily use of Calc. phos. must be carried out, till such times as complete healing and recovery occurs in the bones - continue treatment till the bone has properly knitted and do not stop until full recovery is achieved. In people who are prone to fractures because of weak or brittle bones - Calc. phos. supplementation may bring about bone strengthening and rigidity. What else you can do The absorption of calcium in the bones is mediated by the vitamin D, this vitamin is produced by moderate exposures of the skin to the sun-make sure you bask in the sun for sometime everyday. Vitamin D is also essential in bone healing. As a simple step daily sun bathing for thirty to sixty minutes is a good way to ensure vitamin D production in the body. Bone healing rate is increased by magnetic therapy, this therapy also helps in gaining relieve from pain. Usual dosage Vitamin D, 400 IU. Vitamin C, with bioflavonoids, 500 mg. Calcium, 1,000-1,500 mg in divided doses. Silica, 1,000 mg. Magnesium, 500-750 mg in divided doses. Boron, 10 mg. Glucosamine sulphate, 500 mg. Chondroitin sulphate, 500 mg. Green food supplements, one tbsp. Choose foods that help build strong bones. Your choices should include: high calcium foods, such as salmon, sardines, oysters, shellfish, blackstrap molasses; dark green leafy vegetables, such as broccoli, kale, and collard greens. (For more information about foods that are high in calcium and that have an alkalizing effect on the body, see Healing Injuries the Natural Way Chapter 4). Eat foods with high boron content, found in greatest concentration in fruits, especially pears, grapes, raisins, dates, peaches, and apples; legumes, especially soybeans; nuts, especially hazelnuts and almonds; and in honey. Eat raw nuts and fruits, especially fresh pineapple and/or pineapple juice. Eat a sensible diet consisting of large

quantities of alkalizing fruits and vegetables and whole grains, as described in the Eight-Week Injury-Healing Program in chapter 10 in Healing Injuries the Natural Way. What foods should I avoid when I am recovering from an injury?A. The following foods aggravate pain and inflammation and therefore should not be consumed if your objective is healing: all processed, packaged, or fast foods; all hydrogenated fats (margarine, shortening, lard or products made with them such as cookies, pies, packaged foods, buns, etc.); all meat; all fried foods (French fries, onion rings, potato chips, nachos, hamburgers, etc.); all white sugar (and foods made from this sweet); other sugars (brown sugar, cane sugar, turbinado sugar, demarrara sugar, molasses, beet sugar, date sugar). (A small amount of

honey is permitted as is stevia, an herb that’s naturally one thousand times sweeter than sugar); all synthetic sweeteners (Nutrasweet, saccharin, aspartame, etc.); salt (use Celtic sea salt instead and limit sodium intake); all food additives (colors, flavor enhancers, stabilizers, preservatives, etc.); all dairy products (yogurt, ice cream, cottage cheese, butter, cheese, etc.); all wheat products (wheat, even whole wheat is very acidifying and can counter the benefits of the program); coffee and black tea (green tea and herbal teas are permitted); all soft drinks, sweetened juices, fruit punch and other sweetened beverages; and all alcohol. Q. So what foods are left for me to eat while recovering from an injury?A. The following foods are beneficial at time of injury: raw fruits and vegetables; fatty fish (like salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines, and tuna); flax oil, walnut oil, hemp oil, or extra virgin olive oil; spices like turmeric, garlic, cloves, onions, ginger, celery seeds, turmeric, chili peppers, licorice (the herb), peppermint, and paprika; celery and lots of raw and cooked vegetables; fresh, raw vegetable and fruit juices (made at home in a juicer); plenty of raw tomatoes and bell peppers; plenty of raw apples, pineapple; berries like blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries; cherries; fresh raw nuts, especially walnuts and almonds (including raw almond milk);leafy greens like spinach, dandelion greens and kale; whole grains and legumes; and soy foods (soy milk, tofu, but not the heavily processed soy derivatives like hot dogs, luncheon meats, etc.). MorningGlory113@... wrote: Five weeks into this, you should be well on your way to healing, NOT hearing that it’s getting worse!That's what I was hoping. Then the new set of x-rays showed another fracture that the chiro didn't see. Apparently medical science can't do anything about it if the doctor herself has one and is still in pain. I'm not letting this become a nightmare for me. There HAS to be a way. There always is.Has been taking lots of tumeric but it didn't do much.Gloria Suzi List Owner What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. health/ http://360./suziesgoats

oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

I will see if I have an extra bottle of DMSO... it may help the pain of the fracture along with other thing... (Read up on it) Make sure your hands are clean when applying it.

Suzi...I actually have a full a bottle of DMSO. Should I just rub it on the fracture(s)? Should I add anything to it?

Gloria

Can you put yourself in traction several times a day? Will that help?

Laying down for short periods of time helps with the pain. However it stiffens up and gets worse if I'm on my back for too long..i.e. overnight. Sometimes I wear and brace and it feels better. Other times the brace makes it worse. There's nothing that works 100% of the time. I don't know what you mean by traction.

Gloria

I just found a site that sells 99% pure msm. They suggest getting the powder. They said for severe chronic pain they suggest 4 tsp. a day in water...the equivalent to 20 capsules. They said it often cuts pain 50%. I'm going to order some from them today.

Gloria************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

Would this same regimen work for arthritis? It looks like it would.

Peace, love, laughter

Tech Support: " I need you to right-click on the Open Desktop " .

Customer: " OK " .

Tech Support: " Did you get a pop-up menu? "

Customer: " No " .

Tech Support: " OK. Right-Click again. Do you see a pop-up menu? "

Customer: " No " .

Tech Support: " OK, sir. Can you tell me what you have done up

until this point? "

Customer: " Sure. You told me to write 'click' and I

wrote 'click' " .

>

> ok, if the tumeric is not working then we try something else... Not

everyone is the same...

Yes. I used MSM, organic iron, calcium, (when I add it).. ... also try drinking ACV/Honey/water mix daily... equal parts acv and honey.... add water... once mixed, add ice.. (better cold) It rarely bothers me now. Suzideuteronomy2929 <deuteronomy2929@...> wrote: Would this same regimen work for arthritis? It looks like it would.Peace, love, laughter Suzi List Owner What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. health/ http://360./suziesgoats

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

You can apply some direct... If you add anything to it... remember that it will take it deep within... if you have a comfrey ointment or even make a paste (with distilled water) and add a little DMSO and apply on your affected area... where the fracture is. I've done this with the BF & C especially when I had my knee problem. MorningGlory113@... wrote: Suzi...I actually have a full a bottle of DMSO. Should I just rub it on the

fracture(s)? Should I add anything to it?Gloria

Building a website is a piece of cake. Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.

"I don't know what you mean by traction.Gloria"

There is a device that Bob uses that hangs from a door. You sit in front of the door facing out. It has a canvas part that velcros around his neck and chin for support. The cord from that goes up over a pulley hanging on the door and down to a bag with water - he uses 12 pounds of water. It stretches his neck and back and it relieves pain a lot. He got it at Kaiser hospital, but I would imagine many pharmacies in hospitals would carry it.

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlBill Barnhill is our Inspiration! Go Bill!!!aeranch@...

_._,___

Be careful taking that much at first if you haven't been taking it

regularly. You'll have diarrhea. MSM will also absorb better

if taken with Vit. c, which is why a lot of MSM compounds contain Vit.

C. Does the one you ordered?

At 08:39 AM 8/29/2007, you wrote:

I just found

a site that sells 99% pure msm. They suggest getting the powder. They

said for severe chronic pain they suggest 4 tsp. a day in water...the

equivalent to 20 capsules. They said it often cuts pain 50%. I'm going to

order some from them today.

Gloria

"Laying down for short periods of time helps with the pain. However it stiffens up and gets worse if I'm on my back for too long..I.e. overnight. Sometimes I wear and brace and it feels better. Other times the brace makes it worse. There's nothing that works 100% of the time."

GloriaGloria,

I understand your pain - I had a horse stomp on my knee about 5 years ago, when I went down I heard and felt the knee and leg snap, knew it was broken, when I finally crawed out from under the horse and was able to get where I could attempt to stand I found that I could stand on the leg but couldn't walk only drag the leg. It turns out that it wasn't broken but I did rip/tear the ACL the main ligiment in the knee as well as do major cartilage and tendon/muscle damage - They put my leg in a hard brace to imobilize the knee and tried to schedule me for surgery. I refused surgery at that time as I am stubborn and bull headed. I found that just plain old Ibuprophen 800 - 1600 mgs worked better than the pain meds they gave me and I did use some of the anti-inflammatory meds, I also used deep tissue repair oil, hot and cold therapy, and mega doses of MSM and Vitamin C. I wore the brace most of the time for the first couple of weeks and the leg improved - when the leg quit showing major improvement I quit wearing the big brace and just went to an elastic pull on knee brace and the leg continued to improve. I never had surgery and the knee is OK - I am just short of turning 50 and sometimes have a hard time getting up from the floor and some arthritis pain and stiffness in the winter but all in all it healed pretty well. I know that your back is different and you do have fractures you are dealing with. Do what your body tells you, if it feels better to wear the brace then wear the brace but if not then take if off and rest, just be really careful. I just want you to know that there is hope and healing will happen, I am praying for a full recovery for you.

I just want you to know that there is hope and healing will happen, I am praying for a full recovery for you.

It's been almost 6 wks. and the pain is still incredible. I'm hoping the msm, glucosamine and Vit. C. help. I took ibuprofen in the beginning but heard that it can have terrible side effects and I was eating it like candy for 2 weeks so I stopped taking it.

Thank you for caring and your prayers. They are MUCH appreciated.

Gloria