RemedySpot.com

RE: Ideas for What to Plant Herb/Flower Garden

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I would highly recommend Nerys Purchon’s

Handbook of Herbs. She is an Australian author of my

acquaintance. I believe she includes how to grow and use the herbs

mentioned, and they would probably all be Aussie-friendly. You can see brief

descriptions of the herbs she covers here: http://www.neryspurchon.com/56.0.html

I hope this helps.

Janet

Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2007

7:55 AM

health

Subject:

Ideas for What to Plant Herb/Flower Garden

Was wanting an idea of what basics to plant in my herb

garden for medicinal

use.

Am going to plant basil, rosemary, sage etc etc.

Tracey

echinacea is good, easy to grow... oregano does good. any of the mints, lemon balm is easy too. Horehound is fairly easy also ... oh and feverfew. SuziTracey Mundy <egret11@...> wrote: Was wanting an idea of what basics to plant in my herb garden for medicinal use.Am going to plant basil, rosemary, sage etc etc.Tracey

>

> echinacea is good, easy to grow... oregano does good. any of the

mints, lemon balm is easy too. Horehound is fairly easy also ... oh

and feverfew.

>

Hi Suzi

I had some echinacea but it didn't make it. Got oregano, ordinary mint

and I have a feverfew plant too.

There is a herb supplier I used to buy off ebay who posts plants bare

rooted will see what he has.

Thanks

Tracey

Great. I seem to be able to grow almost anything except comfrey. Suzi sent me starts and they were fine for a while, then they croaked. Darn it! I love comfrey!

Parsley is another fave of mine. It is really good for cleaning out the liver and blood, and is good for your eyes too.

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlaeranch@...

Re: Ideas for What to Plant Herb/Flower Garden

Hi Gayla

Got a Comfrey plant had it for years it is just started to shoot again now.

Basil and Thyme too.

In Albuquerque, we dont always get much rain and yet a big patch of

thyme came back this year and with the little bit of sprinkles that

made it to my year, it got huge...all on it's own.

Thyme is good for lots of stuff too, beside food!

I planted a few types of Basil, what i got were; Holy basil (Tulsi)

and Lemon Basil. Again both came up again with minimal coaxing.

ps: if you a fan of Cilantro, it too grows easily.

Sylvia

>

> echinacea is good, easy to grow... oregano does good. any of the

mints, lemon balm is easy too. Horehound is fairly easy also ... oh

and feverfew.

> Suzi

>

Ok, what kind of soil you got the comfrey in? Are you neglecting it or "mothering or nuturing" it? It doesn't like alot of attention. SuziGayla <aeranch@...> wrote: Great. I seem to be able to grow almost anything except comfrey. Suzi sent me starts and they were fine for a while, then they croaked. Darn it! I love comfrey! Parsley is another fave of mine. It is really good for cleaning out the liver and blood, and is good for your eyes too.

Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

The same soil that grows everything else well here. I was not babying it - just water and sunlight. We have beans 13 feet tall, tomatoes coming out our ears, peppers - well you know how we grow peppers here!

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlaeranch@...

Re: Ideas for What to Plant Herb/Flower Garden

Ok, what kind of soil you got the comfrey in? Are you neglecting it or "mothering or nuturing" it? It doesn't like alot of attention.

SuziGayla <aeranchgmail> wrote:

Great. I seem to be able to grow almost anything except comfrey. Suzi sent me starts and they were fine for a while, then they croaked. Darn it! I love comfrey!

Parsley is another fave of mine. It is really good for cleaning out the liver and blood, and is good for your eyes too.

Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

It seems to like some "abandonment"... Mine is not in the best of soils... and I don't water it on a regular basis... in fact unless we're in a drought I don't water it... or if it starts really wilting I water it.... AND IT"S SPREADING>..Gayla <aeranch@...> wrote: The same soil that grows everything else well here. I was not babying it - just water and sunlight. We have beans 13 feet tall, tomatoes coming out our ears, peppers - well you know how we grow peppers here! Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlaeranch@... Re: Ideas for What to Plant Herb/Flower Garden Ok, what kind of soil you got the comfrey in? Are you neglecting it or "mothering or

nuturing" it? It doesn't like alot of attention. SuziGayla <aeranchgmail> wrote: Great. I seem to be able to grow almost anything except comfrey. Suzi sent me starts and they were fine for a while, then they croaked. Darn it! I love comfrey! Parsley is another fave of mine. It is really good for cleaning out the liver and blood, and is good for your eyes too. Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell. Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

Sick sense of humor? Visit TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when.