RemedySpot.com

Re: Veggie Burgers from the files

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

LIVE GARDENBURGERS Combine: 1 lb. soaked nuts 1 lb. grated carrots 1 chopped onion 1 T. sweetener (honey, banana, raisins) 1 T. oil 1-2 T. poultry (or other) seasoning 2-3 T. nutritional yeast sea salt to taste Process in food processor until a firm pate is achieved. If mixture is not thick enough, add dill, dried garlic, dried onion, dried parsley flakes, nutritional yeast, psyllium husk powder, ground flaxseeds. Form into balls, cutlets, or fillets and sprinkle with a little paprika before serving. If "fishburgers" are desired, add dulse, kelp, or nori to the mixture. Serves 10 - from the Boutenko family's book, "Raw Family" ----------- Veggie Burgers 1 cup almonds, soaked 12-48 hours and blanched 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked 6-8 hours and rinsed 1 beet 1 red bell pepper 1 red onion 1 zucchini 2 carrots, finely grated 2 stalks celery, finely chopped 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely

chopped 2 T Bragg Liquid Aminos 2 tsp flax oil 2 T lemon juice Process almonds, sunflower seeds, beet red bell pepper, onion and zucchini through a Champion Juicer using the solide plate or a food processor with the "s" blade. Mix in remaining ingredients. Form into round burgers and place on a dehydrator tray with a teflex sheet. Dehydrate at 105 degrees for 4 hours, turn burgers over and remove teflex sheet. Continue dehydration for 4-6 hours, or until desired moisture is obtained. These burgesr are delicious wrapped in large lettuce leaves with sprouts, tomato, and avocado. ---------------- SUNBURGERS 2 C sunflower seeds, soaked 6-8 hours 1/2 C carrots 1/2 C celery 3 green onions, sliced 1 red bell pepper, sliced 1/4 C fresh basil 1/4 C frsh parsley Braggs to taste Process all ingredients with S blade in a food processor. Make patties and dehydrate at 105 degrees for 12-24 hours until dry. Turn patties over when dehydrating on a teflex sheets after

6 hours. By Becky --------- Vegan Patties Serves 4-6 1 1/2 cups short grain brown rice (measure uncooked) 1/2 cup onion, diced finely 2/3 cup carrot, minced 1/2 teaspoon dried basil 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce 2-3 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground coarsely In a large saucepan bring 3 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Cook rice until is a bit dry (if it's too sticky and damp, dry it by spreading it on a tray for awhile). After the rice cools, add the other ingredients, mix well, and knead the mixture a bit until it feels sticky. Form into patties about 4 inches round and about 1/2 inch thick (not too thin). Place on a nonstick baking sheet, and put into oven preheated at 450 degree F. Bake for about 25 minutes, flip and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes. You can also cook in a frying pan coated with cooking oil. Note: If the mixture is too wet or too thin, the patties will not hold. Serve on your favorite bread or buns with lettuce and tomatoes, and sprouts, etc. --------------- Grain Burgers 2 cups cooked Brown Rice, Millet or Quinoa (or any combination) 1/2 cup Scallions (chopped fine) 1/2 cup Zucchini (chopped fine) 1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped fine) 1/2 cup Carrot (chopped fine) 1 tsp black pepper 1 Tbs soy sauce 2 Tbs Oil - peanut, olive, or sesame etc. 2 eggs 1/4 cup Corn Meal 1/4 cup sprouted Flour - Mix cooked rice and raw chopped veggies together in a bowl. Add egg, then flour and corn meal. Season with soy sauce and correct with pepper. - Heat the oil in an iron skillet. Wet your hands and form pattiesn- makes it easier to form rice mixture into patties. Add patties to hot oil and turn down the heat to medium-low with lid on. Cook on one side for 5 minutes then lift lid and turn patties over. - Place cheese slices on the browned side of

patties and put lid back on and cook other side for 5 more minutes. If not using cheese you might heat up buns on top of the patties and remove after 2 minutes when warm and soft. Prepare like hamburgers with sliced dill pickles, mustard, ketchup, tomato and lettuce. Janet <dragonhealing@...> wrote: Hey guys, I need your best veggie burger recipes. I am experimenting with different recipes for , my husband. He likes them when we go out to eat and I would like to make them at home. Janet Suzi What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. health/ http://suziesgoats.wholefoodfarmacy.com/ http://360./suziesgoats

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Games.

Guest guest

WALNUT BURGERS

6 cups walnuts, soaked for 2 hours

2 cups of carrots

1 cup of fresh herbs (I used basil)

1 1/2 cups red onion

2 cups portabello mushrooms

1/2 a red bell pepper

6 sundried tomatoes, soaked for 2 - 6 hours

2 cloves of garlic (OF COURSE! I used more)

1 tablespoon paprika

1 teaspoon dried pizza herbs

1 teaspoon dried parsley

I had to blend this in two batches and then mix the two together. Or just cut it in half!

Dehydrate about 8 hours at 100 degrees F or until to desired doneness.

Shari

Guest guest

Braggs is also pretty icky tasting.<G>

Sharyn

health

[mailto:health ] On Behalf Of SV

Please replace the Bragg's with Nama Shoyu. Bragg's

has been found to have MSG in it.

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.7.4/811 - Release Date: 5/18/2007 3:50 PM

Guest guest

I can’t use anything with soy in it,

but all the recipes are giving me new idea on how to flavor the burgers.

Thanks so much guys!!

Janet

Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 7:37 PM

health

Subject: Re:

RE: Veggie Burgers from the files

Please replace the Bragg's with Nama Shoyu. Bragg's has been

found to have MSG in it.

Shari

Guest guest

Suzi, Wow, tons of burger recipes you shared.

I have made something similiar however I hven't used pountry

seasoning much, sweetner or Braggs or psyllium. So kind of similar

I should say.

Been busy with garden.Think I am counting 48 tomato plants, mostly

started from seed, and shoujld have 2 pounder orange ones too.

Suzi, I'll have to do catch up reading. Hope you are feeling great.

, Been to H Mart and last week head of large organic cauliflower

$1.29 each. Got org. broccoli sign for other marked $.69 so charged

that too.

Thanks brother for the tip.. I didn't use lemon however.

hugs,

carolg

>

>

> LIVE GARDENBURGERS Combine: 1 lb. soaked nuts 1 lb. grated

Guest guest

Shari,

Thanks for Walnut Burgers. I thought I even saw picture of these at

Sazzies site or someone like that name.

Busy with fighting mice at the moment. Nothing worked so last resort

poison and they are sucking it up like crazy. Either they take over

or I get them out. It was a hard choice, but I felt choiceLESS after

trying other options without any signs of relief. Maywe we adopted a

tribe forever and now catching up with them.

carolg

>

> WALNUT BURGERS