RemedySpot.com

water retention and tea?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello,

Does anyone know if black tea can increase water retention in some people?

I have the tendency to water retention and I have the impression that to

drink tea worsens my problem. I wonder if this is just a coincidence, or are

there facts behind my suspicion.

Thanks for any info.

Rena

Not that I'm aware of... unless maybe you're drinking a whole lot of it... Common foods such as asparagus, corn (and cornsilk tea), grapes, cucumber, and watermelon may be used freely. Parsley, celery, black tea and coffee may be used more sparingly in order to reduce water retention.Suzi Blua Birdo <bluabirdo@...> wrote: Hello,Does anyone know if black tea can increase water retention in some people?I have the tendency to water retention and I have the impression that to drink tea worsens my problem. I wonder if this is just a coincidence, or are there facts behind my suspicion.Thanks for any info.Rena __________________________________________________

Hello Suzanne,

Is not possible that perhaps tea causes me some dehydration and for that reason my feet get swollen?

I don't know exactly what happens,but I stopped drinking a cup of tea in the morning and I felt some improvement. Last week I had a cup of tea and my feet got swollen again.

Perhaps this is just coincidence, but I wonder.

Any opinion?

Rena

Re: water retention and tea?

Not that I'm aware of... unless maybe you're drinking a whole lot of it... Common foods such as asparagus, corn (and cornsilk tea), grapes, cucumber, and watermelon may be used freely.

Parsley, celery, black tea and coffee may be used more sparingly in order to reduce water retention.Suzi

Blua Birdo <bluabirdohotmail> wrote:

Hello,Does anyone know if black tea can increase water retention in some people?I have the tendency to water retention and I have the impression that to drink tea worsens my problem. I wonder if this is just a coincidence, or are there facts behind my suspicion.Thanks for any info.Rena

My dh drinks two *pots* of darjeeling tea a day. Each mug with about a

sixth of a lemon in it. Maybe the lemon makes a difference??

Sharyn

Is not possible that perhaps tea causes me some dehydration

and for that reason my feet get swollen?

Rena, your tea is not causing dehydration but retention for some reason..... Is your black tea "straight" or do you add anything to it? Try making it with distilled water. Do you eat or take anything at the same time as you drink the tea? SuziBlua Birdo <bluabirdo@...> wrote: Hello Suzanne, Is not possible that perhaps tea causes me some dehydration and for that reason my feet get swollen? I don't know exactly what happens,but I stopped drinking a cup of tea in the morning and I felt some improvement. Last week I had a cup of tea and my feet got swollen

again. Perhaps this is just coincidence, but I wonder. Any opinion? Rena __________________________________________________

Could be, lemons are known to be diurectic"Sharyn E. Cerniglia" <sharyncern@...> wrote: My dh drinks two *pots*

of darjeeling tea a day. Each mug with about a sixth of a lemon in it. Maybe the lemon makes a difference?? Sharyn Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. __________________________________________________

Could be something in the tea itself,

there are so many different types. Read the label and forward the ingredients

to us, should shed some light on the problem.

Janet

Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007

8:08 AM

health

Subject: Re:

water retention and tea?

Rena,

your tea is not causing dehydration but retention for some reason.....

Is your black tea " straight " or do you add anything to

it? Try making it with distilled water. Do you eat or

take anything at the same time as you drink the tea?

Suzi

Blua Birdo

<bluabirdohotmail> wrote:

Hello Suzanne,

Is not possible that perhaps tea causes me some dehydration

and for that reason my feet get swollen?

I don't know exactly what happens,but I stopped drinking a

cup of tea in the morning and I felt some improvement. Last week I had a cup of

tea and my feet got swollen again.

Any opinion?

Rena

I also have a lot of lemon. If it's organic I even put the rest of the lemon into the cup after squeezing the juice.

RE: water retention and tea?

My dh drinks two *pots* of darjeeling tea a day. Each mug with about a sixth of a lemon in it. Maybe the lemon makes a difference??

Sharyn

Is not possible that perhaps tea causes me some dehydration and for that reason my feet get swollen?

I use distilled water. I usually put lemon in the tea.

When I don't drink tea my feet often are still a little swollen, but I realize that if I drink tea they are even worse.

Re: water retention and tea?

Rena,

your tea is not causing dehydration but retention for some reason..... Is your black tea "straight" or do you add anything to it? Try making it with distilled water. Do you eat or take anything at the same time as you drink the tea?

SuziBlua Birdo <bluabirdohotmail> wrote:

Hello Suzanne,

I don't know exactly what happens,but I stopped drinking a cup of tea in the morning and I felt some improvement. Last week I had a cup of tea and my feet got swollen again.

Any opinion?

Rena

OK, what kind of black tea are you drinking? Is it only black tea or other teas that cause this. Try parsley or uva-ursi tea, which can help flush out excess water without any harmful side effects, maybe even switching to green tea. Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. __________________________________________________