Potassium

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Cathleen,

Yes, I do...

Now I need to check this also.

Could be then potassium?? I do have many times this funny tingling

sensation on my hands..not very nice!

Thanks a lot, I will take more Blackstrap Molasses and see!

Take Care

Joana

>

> Is it strange that when my my potassium is low I feel a tingling

in my

> otherwise numb legs? Does anyone feel this????

>

> Cathleen in arkansas

>

>

>

• 1 year later...

Potassium and Your Health The mineral potassium serves a variety of purposes within the body. One of its most important functions is to help regulate the fluid levels of the body. It also plays a part in blood pressure, helps to keep the heart working properly, and is important to the general working of the nervous system by promoting the correct functioning of the tissue that makes up the system. It also enhances muscle control, and the growth and health of cells, particularly through its role in waste product removal. It also is necessary to the kidneys in their waste removal processes. Potassium is also important when it comes to mental function. It promotes efficient cognitive functioning by playing a significant role in delivering oxygen to

the brain. Failing to meet standard recommended daily intake levels can lead to a variety of physical and mental health problems. Physical symptoms can include muscular weakness, muscular cramps and twitching, fatigue, poor reflexes, fragile bones, irregular heartbeat and other cardiovascular irregularities, lung failure, kidney failure, and cardiac arrest. Mental symptoms include various nervous disorders, insomnia, anorexia, a slowdown of cognitive processes, and depression. There are several health situations and conditions that make a person more susceptible to a deficiency of potassium. These are alcoholism, periods of high stress, and illnesses or conditions that result in extended periods of diarrhea and vomiting. Some situations of our own making can contribute to potassium deficiency, such as extreme caffeine

use, a diet made up of mostly processed foods, and a diet that includes excessive amounts of sodium (table salt being the worst). Our bodies are intricate systems in which there is a delicate chemical balance that maintains everything at a healthy status quo. Disruptions to the system have consequences, with some more severe than others. Prevention is always better than trying to cure illness or fix damage to a part of the body, internal or external. One of the most critical parts of prevention is good nutrition -- making sure you regularly consume the standard recommended daily ingestion of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients your body requires. Nutritional supplements offer an okay and reliable way of meeting daily dietary needs. However, the natural route is always best: check out the foods below to get your

natural source of daily potassium. Potatoes, bananas, prunes, cooked spinach, and bamboo shoots are good ways to get your potassium. Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been

discovered.

Shape in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!