RemedySpot.com

The Dirty Dozen

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The Mateljan Foundation is a non-profit organization free of commercial influence, which provides this website for you free of charge. Our purpose is to provide you with unbiased scientific information about how nutrient-rich World's Healthiest Foods can promote vibrant health and energy and fit your personal needs and busy lifestyle. October 22, 2007 While we recommend enjoying organically grown food, sometimes organic foods are not readily available or accessible. We have previously shared with you the Environmental Working Groups' list of "The Dirty Dozen" - those foods that

have been found to be the most highly contaminated. This week we want to share with you again their latest updated version of this list. Red raspberries have been removed from the list while lettuce has been added. The Environmental Working Group.s simulation of consumers eating high and low pesticide diets showed that it is possible to decrease exposure to pesticides by 90% by avoiding those foods that are the most highly contaminated and selecting those that are the least contaminated. The Dirty Dozen12 Most Contaminated Fruits and Vegetables Food PesticideLoad Peaches 100(highest) Apples 89 Sweet Bell Peppers 86 Celery 85 Nectarines 84 Strawberries 82 Cherries 75 Pears 65 Grapes (imported) 65 Spinach 60 Lettuce 59 Potatoes 58 12 Least Contaminated Fruits and Vegetables Food PesticideLoad Onions 1(lowest) Avodados 1 Pineapples 7 Mango 9 Asparagus 11 Sweet Peas 11 Kiwi 14 Bananas 16 Cabbage 17 Broccoli 18 Papaya 21 These lists are a great tool to help you make the best choices to avoid pesticide residues when you purchase conventionally grown foods from your local market. Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. __________________________________________________

Oh No!!!! I "LOVE" peaches. Maybe I should start singing that song on that puppy commercial...."There ain't no bugs on me......" LOL!!! I'll bet I have enough pesticide in me for that. ;)~

Beannacht

Lynn

The Dirty Dozen

The Mateljan Foundation is a non-profit organization free of commercial influence, which provides this website for you free of charge. Our purpose is to provide you with unbiased scientific information about how nutrient-rich World's Healthiest Foods can promote vibrant health and energy and fit your personal needs and busy lifestyle.

October 22, 2007

While we recommend enjoying organically grown food, sometimes organic foods are not readily available or accessible. We have previously shared with you the Environmental Working Groups' list of "The Dirty Dozen" - those foods that have been found to be the most highly contaminated. This week we want to share with you again their latest updated version of this list. Red raspberries have been removed from the list while lettuce has been added. The Environmental Working Group.s simulation of consumers eating high and low pesticide diets showed that it is possible to decrease exposure to pesticides by 90% by avoiding those foods that are the most highly contaminated and selecting those that are the least contaminated.

The Dirty Dozen12 Most Contaminated Fruits and Vegetables

Food

PesticideLoad

Peaches

100(highest)

Apples

Sweet Bell Peppers

Celery

Nectarines

Strawberries

Cherries

Pears

Grapes (imported)

Spinach

Lettuce

Potatoes

12 Least Contaminated Fruits and Vegetables

Food

PesticideLoad

Onions

1(lowest)

Avodados

Pineapples

Mango

Asparagus

Sweet Peas

Kiwi

Bananas

Cabbage

Broccoli

Papaya

These lists are a great tool to help you make the best choices to avoid pesticide residues when you purchase conventionally grown foods from your local market.

Suzi

List Owner

health/

http://360./suziesgoats

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

I've read that anything with a fuzzy skin is pretty laden with pesticides. And I noticed that strawberries dropped from the #1 position.

Luckily there are a lot of pricey fruits in the okay list. That helps me a lot.

Shari