RemedySpot.com

Re: ?? Total Tonic

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've had batches to that.. I usually add a bit more ACV..and stir up or shake up.... but remember you'll be stirring it and eventually straining it... SuziBLoe <bloe@...> wrote: I am making a batch of Total Tonic and have a question about the consistency. To give an idea of size of the batch, I used three handfuls of each ingredient and about seven cups of ACV resulting in a consistency about like soupy applesauce. In the past, the solids have settled to the bottom, leaving an inch or more of liquid visible on the

upper surface. This time there has been no settling out. Does this mean that it needs more ACV? Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not

yet been discovered.

Catch up on fall's hot new shows on TV. Watch previews, get listings, and more!

I let mine sit in the cabinet till I'm ready to strain it... after that I've stored it both ways... I had one batch in all the many times I made it go bad... and I think that was because I used some frozen horseradish I had (it was winter time)... so I use fresh to store in cabinet.. if I have to use something I've froze (horseradish, peppers ) then I store it in fridge. SuziBLoe <bloe@...> wrote: Thanks, Suzi. I shake it up a couple of times a day. I'll add more ACV. I was trying to keep the batch as full strength as possible. We live in S FL. We have AC but even so the temps are seventy-something. Should this be refrigerated to avoid spoilage?

Building a website is a piece of cake. Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.

Barb,

I live in SW Florida and I do not refrigerate my tonic. I always use fresh ingredients and it lasts a good long time without refrigeration. I do refrigerate the bottle I am presently using as I like it better cold than room temperature.

Caroline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We live in S FL. We have AC but even so the temps are seventy-something. Should this be refrigerated to avoid spoilage?

Thank you.

Take care.

BarbL

And don't forget to save the mash when you are done pressing out the

liquid!

Peace, love, laughter

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in

binoculars to look at things on the ground?

--- In health , Suzanne <suziesgoats@...>

wrote:

>

> I've had batches to that.. I usually add a bit more ACV..and stir up

or shake up.... but remember you'll be stirring it and eventually

straining it...

> Suzi

Nah...no worries at all. I actually keep a jar of Apple Cider Vinegar on my counter with Jalepenos that I slice into it and use in my food. As the amount of the jalapenos decreases, I simply slice up more and refill the jar. This is on my counter all of the time and doesn't go bad. People snub their noses at my jar of jalepenos when they see it, but love it when they eat the food that I put it into! lol

Caroline

Thank you, Caroline. I was concerned about the TT fermenting or *turning* due to the warm climate here.

I KNEW there was something I liked about you!! When I was in prison, I used to "buy" (barter) for jars of sliced jalepenos in vinegar every week. 4 ramen soups for a jar. Two jars a week. Peace, love, laughter If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat? Caroline <ladyguinevere@...> wrote: Nah...no worries at all. I actually keep a jar of Apple Cider Vinegar on my counter with Jalepenos that I slice into it and use in my food. As the amount of the jalapenos decreases, I simply slice up more and refill the jar. This is on my counter all of the time and doesn't go bad. People snub their noses at my jar of jalepenos when they see it, but love it when they eat the food that I put it into! lol Caroline .

Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

I like to put a small slice of lime in mine. Gives it just the

right " tang "

Peace, love, laughter

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

>

> What a great idea. We love Jalapenos!

>

> BarbL

It not only makes a great condiment, but is a fantastic natural stuff

too, for clearing the sinuses and sinus infections.

And as funny as it sounds, it also repels moles and gophers. A half a

teaspoon in a fresh gopher hole will keep it from using that tunnel

again.

I've even used to to repel skunks back in CA.

As for dehydrators, we just have a " Mr. Coffee " brand that was given

to us. Only one setting, but 6 trays and a teflex sheet. Not the

greatest in the world, but does the job.

Peace, love, laughter

Humor is not a postscript or an incidental afterthought; it is a

serious and weighty part of the world's economy. One feels

increasingly the height of the faculty in which it arises, the

nobility of things associated with it, and the greatness of services

it renders.

>

> Would like to save the mash to dry and use as a condiment. We do

not have a

> dehydrator nor a gas oven. It is always quite humid here so

attempting to

> dry naturally might turn into a science project.

>

> What features should we look for in choosing a dehydrator? Are

there brands

> to avoid, that are better than others? Would like one with

multiple drying

> trays.

>

> Take care.

> BarbL