RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Is Borax safe to leave on skin?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hi ki. I pulled up a file from my group "InvisibleBitingMites." It's about a person who has mite experience. On the last line, he/she mentions putting borax on your ankles for mite bites. I will post it here for you.

melOK,

I don't know where you people are from, whether it be city, or too far north to know this, but "mites" are nothing new, and there is nothing "foreign about them.

I was raised, and still live in Louisiana, which is called, "semi-tropical." I was raised on a farm/ranch. There are so many different types of mites, that bite, that I will not begin to try to list many; I will give a few examples. Warm blooded animals get lice; plants get lice; they are not the same type of lice. the "lice" that infest your turnip green patch, will not bite you because it suddenly "got warmer" in the US. The mites and lice that infest your chicken house, will not be satisfied with sucking on turnip greens; but they will crawl all over a human and give you the "itch" for many days after you have gotten rid of the mites. There are "redbugs," picked up from walking through grass, brush, or sometimes dirt. They will burrow under your skin and make you want to

take a wire brush and shed your won hide off. There are seed ticks that will cover you from brushing against the wrong tree limb, or infest your living room

when you buy that "real" tree at Christmas. The "Mange" in dogs, or as we humans dislike having to call it, "Scabies," that will infest you and all your pets. There are hog lice, chiken mites, Sarcopic mange, ring worm, ( & scores of other funguses from cattle and horses and dogs), that humans can get. There is the "creeping crud," a fungus, that sometimes does not show to the naked eye for months, but will make you claw until you bleed, usually starting at the ankles and working up; it lives in the soil. While we back woods, country people may call all these vermin and varmints funny names, and we may seem stupid to some, we know these critters you are talking about; they were here in the US long before you went overseas. It is just as possible that you caught it from your Georgia tent mate when he returned from leave, as it is that you caught it in Iraq, or some other "hot" place.

We have put a couple of cap fulls of pine oil or bleach in our bath water for years; we have cleaned our houses with pine oil for hundreds of years. We have dabbed pine oil, turpintine, and sometimes if desperate enough, coal oil, on redbugs, (and various other critters that attached themselves to us), to kill them for hundreds of years. We have coated ourselves in various kinds of fats, mud, and paste to keep them off, and to kill them when they decided to live on us anyway. We have bathed in baking soda, salt and epsoms salt to keep from itching; smeared paste from mustard, baking soda and tobacco to help. We have taken the "skin" from egg shells and pit on bad bites, to draw the "itch" out. We have chewed on the sulphur ends of hard matches, and made a paste out of "flowers of sulfur;" which bugs hate the smell of, and it keeps the bites from getting infected. One of the bad things about itchy bites, it all that scratching and hot, blooding flesh, attracts even more critters.

As for borax; you can buy "20 Mule Team"borax powder; it's been around longer than any of us. We wash with it, neutralize orors with it, remove stains with it, etc. Most of all, down here, we have been rubbing it on our meat in our smoke houses for ages; flies won't even light on it. we just wash it off when we take it out to eat. I heard in the eighties, that they were "blowing" recycled, chipped up, news papers into the walls of old historical homes to insulate them. Guess what they were soaking the news paper in prior to drying and chopping it up? That's right...Borax. Not only does it kill bugs, repel bugs, repel rodents and prevent them from chewing and nesting in the paper insulation, but it makes the paper fire retardent. You can make your on roach and ant bait with it by mixing it with flour and sugar, or just corn syrup and Borax. You can use it like carpet fresh, and you can wash your walls and floors and counters with it; use it as a paste for scrubbing; just don't rinse it too well, and you will see a lessening of itchy critters. And for people that want their clothes clean, but do not like fragrance fumes, etc., it's the best for your laundry.

If the varmints are eating your ankles up, mix some borax with your lotion or vaseline; it will repel them and has antibiotic properties.

From: dammitgrl2001 <dammitgrl2001@...>Subject: Re: Is Borax safe to leave on skin?bird mites Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 8:31 PM

I know that you like proof, examples, and fine details but I dont have any on this one...me personally, I wouldnt leave it on my skin since our skin absorbs so much. There's obviously something in it that kills a living organism so I sure wouldnt want to be absorbing that to add to all the other stuff we are taking in. Just my opinion...nothing more. Take care, chasity>> Has anyone tried leaving on a layer of borax (melted in water) on you > skin after showers? I tried it last night and I'm not sure if it > helped since right after the shower I put on freshly baked > clothes/shoes and walked right out of the house. I got maybe 2 or 3 > stings during the night of being out.>

> Is Borax safe to leave on your skin?>