RemedySpot.com

Re: Where to buy menthol crystals - STICKY

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Kihun,

Thanks for this link. I just ordered menthol crystals from the same vendor you used. For anyone interested, they're having a 10% off sale over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Thanks also to Willow who sent out the link to the Shanspirations (sp?). Every single story of someone who beats this fills me with hope. I don't post very often but I read nearly every new post every day and they have really been critical to my sanity. I cannot imagine how I would have survived this before the age of the internet (which was not all that long ago!).

Did anyone see the most recent episode of House (I feel guilty mentioning it because I know I should have been vacuuming instead of watching TV)? Anyway, in it, after seeing sixteen different doctors with no success or sympathy (sound familiar?) a patient desperate for a diagnosis of a mysterious ailment takes a doctor and a bunch of clinic patients hostage at gun point to force the doctor to figure out what is afflicting him. I may not favor these methods but I sure can sympathize with the frustration.

Finally, here's a quick update on the total eradication with dehumidifiers strategy. So far, it hasn't really achieved the complete success I hoped for. If anyone has any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong, let me know. My theory is that I myself have been the source of rehydration.

Here's what I did. I have had five (sometimes six) dehumidifiers running continuously for nearly eight weeks in a 1200 sq. ft. apartment. The overall humidity rarely gets above 20% except for brief spikes to just below 30% in the bathroom when I shower. In my worst-affected rooms, I have managed to keep the humidity as low as 2% and generally not much above 10%. (FYI, I have found that hot-water showers raise humidity much more and much more quickly than cool-water showers and that baths raise humidity much less and much more slowly than either type of shower). As for the overall temperature, it hasn't really dropped below 80 F (and often gets to be 100 F or higher).

Although there has been a slow-down in activity, I have not achieved anything close to the goal of total eradication. But, it may still be too early to conclude that dessication doesn't work. In some of the key success stories involving dehumidifiers that I have seen posted here, the living space has been left entirely unoccupied for several weeks at the end of the process. This may be a necessary step to make this strategy work.

Alternatively, it may be necessary to combine dessication with other strategies, like DE, Nylar, menthol crystals, steam cleaning (with close monitoring on the impact on overall humidity). I bought a very expensive steam cleaning machine just before we all began focusing on humidity and I haven't really used it yet (for fear it would make things worse).

I am considering a two/three-week hotel stay (a HUGE EXPENSE) to test whether I myself am the source of rehydrating.

Mark

From: kihunonline <kihunonline@...>Subject: Where to buy menthol crystals - STICKYbird mites Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 8:06 PM

This question keeps coming up over and over so here it is again.(I'm just copy and pasting snippets of past posts).Since we can't seem to "sticky" posts here, should we title these types of posts with "sticky" in the subject?Anuyway, places to buy menthol crystals:Yes $15.39/lb here: http://www.newdirec tionsaromatics. com/menthol-crystals-p-548. htmlClick on the Canadian flag if you are ordering from Canada. I get mine from www.lotioncrafter. com. $20.00 per pound plus shipping.

Kihun,

Thanks for this link. I just ordered menthol crystals from the same vendor you used. For anyone interested, they're having a 10% off sale over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Thanks also to Willow who sent out the link to the Shanspirations (sp?). Every single story of someone who beats this fills me with hope. I don't post very often but I read nearly every new post every day and they have really been critical to my sanity. I cannot imagine how I would have survived this before the age of the internet (which was not all that long ago!).

Did anyone see the most recent episode of House (I feel guilty mentioning it because I know I should have been vacuuming instead of watching TV)? Anyway, in it, after seeing sixteen different doctors with no success or sympathy (sound familiar?) a patient desperate for a diagnosis of a mysterious ailment takes a doctor and a bunch of clinic patients hostage at gun point to force the doctor to figure out what is afflicting him. I may not favor these methods but I sure can sympathize with the frustration.

Finally, here's a quick update on the total eradication with dehumidifiers strategy. So far, it hasn't really achieved the complete success I hoped for. If anyone has any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong, let me know. My theory is that I myself have been the source of rehydration.

Here's what I did. I have had five (sometimes six) dehumidifiers running continuously for nearly eight weeks in a 1200 sq. ft. apartment. The overall humidity rarely gets above 20% except for brief spikes to just below 30% in the bathroom when I shower. In my worst-affected rooms, I have managed to keep the humidity as low as 2% and generally not much above 10%. (FYI, I have found that hot-water showers raise humidity much more and much more quickly than cool-water showers and that baths raise humidity much less and much more slowly than either type of shower). As for the overall temperature, it hasn't really dropped below 80 F (and often gets to be 100 F or higher).

Although there has been a slow-down in activity, I have not achieved anything close to the goal of total eradication. But, it may still be too early to conclude that dessication doesn't work. In some of the key success stories involving dehumidifiers that I have seen posted here, the living space has been left entirely unoccupied for several weeks at the end of the process. This may be a necessary step to make this strategy work.

Alternatively, it may be necessary to combine dessication with other strategies, like DE, Nylar, menthol crystals, steam cleaning (with close monitoring on the impact on overall humidity). I bought a very expensive steam cleaning machine just before we all began focusing on humidity and I haven't really used it yet (for fear it would make things worse).

I am considering a two/three-week hotel stay (a HUGE EXPENSE) to test whether I myself am the source of rehydrating.

Mark

From: kihunonline <kihunonline@...>Subject: Where to buy menthol crystals - STICKYbird mites Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 8:06 PM

This question keeps coming up over and over so here it is again.(I'm just copy and pasting snippets of past posts).Since we can't seem to "sticky" posts here, should we title these types of posts with "sticky" in the subject?Anuyway, places to buy menthol crystals:Yes $15.39/lb here: http://www.newdirec tionsaromatics. com/menthol-crystals-p-548. htmlClick on the Canadian flag if you are ordering from Canada. I get mine from www.lotioncrafter. com. $20.00 per pound plus shipping.

Perhaps your critters are coming from a outside source? That seems to

be a common problem with apartments. You may be killing off ones in

your space, but more are coming in from the outside.

>

> From: kihunonline <kihunonline@...>

> Subject: Where to buy menthol crystals - STICKY

> bird mites

> Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 8:06 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> This question keeps coming up over and over so here it is again.

> (I'm just copy and pasting snippets of past posts).

>

> Since we can't seem to " sticky " posts here, should we title these

> types of posts with " sticky " in the subject?

>

> Anuyway, places to buy menthol crystals:

>

> Yes $15.39/lb here: http://www.newdirec tionsaromatics. com/menthol-

> crystals-p-548. html

> Click on the Canadian flag if you are ordering from Canada.

>

> I get mine from www.lotioncrafter. com. $20.00 per pound plus shipping.

>

Mark, I added Nylar and DE to my mix along with the dehumidifiers. My

shoes always have DE in them now, helps. Seems to be gradually

working pretty well. I also concentrate on several spice baths in a

row to bring down my body mite load. I am pretty sure I was/still am

the cause of recontamination.

bob

>

> From: kihunonline <kihunonline@...>

> bird mites

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> crystals-p-548. html

>

> I get mine from www.lotioncrafter. com. $20.00 per pound plus

shipping.

>

I use de in my shoes as well it I think it working. I also found your bath protocol you emailed me a while ago. I am going to shaws in a little bit and I am going to try one tonight.From: <bobbyboyd99@...>Subject: Re: Where to buy menthol crystals - STICKYbird mites Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 4:25 PM

Mark, I added Nylar and DE to my mix along with the dehumidifiers. My

shoes always have DE in them now, helps. Seems to be gradually

working pretty well. I also concentrate on several spice baths in a

row to bring down my body mite load. I am pretty sure I was/still am

the cause of recontamination.

bob

>

> From: kihunonline <kihunonline@ ...>

> bird mites

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Since we can't seem to "sticky" posts here, should we title these

> types of posts with "sticky" in the subject?

>

>

> crystals-p-548. html

>

> I get mine from www.lotioncrafter. com. $20.00 per pound plus

shipping.

>

• 1 month later...

Just to update you on what you get:

Menthol from NewDirectionsAromatics is in powder form (similar to

sea salt).

The ones from LotionCrafters have many chunks of big

crytal " sticks " .

So now that I've ordered from both places, I definitely prefer these

sticks b/c you can put them sticks in your bag, pockets, car, etc

and they don't get all over and make a mess but the vapor will still

permeate. You can also touch sticks w/ your hand without having to

wipe off the residue as you do if you grab powder. Menthol sticks

are just easier in general to handle.

>

>

>

>

>

> Yes $15.39/lb here:

http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/menthol-

> crystals-p-548.html

>

>

> I get mine from www.lotioncrafter.com. $20.00 per pound plus

shipping.

>

I am confused, how can they sticks release vapor without heating/warming them up....

I got the crystals and melted those in a saucepan and got an intense vapor action all over my studio size appartment,

I would like the idea of neat sticks packed everywhere and they work just as well.

Consider this another 'sticky' post.

Thanks for any clairification.

M

From: kihunonline <kihunonline@...>Subject: Re: Where to buy menthol crystals - STICKYbird mites Date: Friday, January 16, 2009, 12:47 PM

Just to update you on what you get:Menthol from NewDirectionsAromat ics is in powder form (similar to sea salt). The ones from LotionCrafters have many chunks of big crytal "sticks". So now that I've ordered from both places, I definitely prefer these sticks b/c you can put them sticks in your bag, pockets, car, etc and they don't get all over and make a mess but the vapor will still permeate. You can also touch sticks w/ your hand without having to wipe off the residue as you do if you grab powder. Menthol sticks are just easier in general to handle.>> This question keeps coming up over and over so here it is again.> (I'm just copy and pasting snippets of past posts).> > Since we can't seem

to "sticky" posts here, should we title these > types of posts with "sticky" in the subject?> > Anuyway, places to buy menthol crystals:> > > Yes $15.39/lb here: http://www.newdirec tionsaromatics. com/menthol-> crystals-p-548. html> Click on the Canadian flag if you are ordering from Canada. > > > I get mine from www.lotioncrafter. com. $20.00 per pound plus shipping.>

M,

About the scabbing in nasal, i had it in the beginning of this

infestation. I thought it was from either picking or rubbing nose at

night. Im cluessless as to how it was raw upinside the nasal cavity.

After lots of inhaling of peroxide and iodine swabbing it subsided

within a couple of weeks. I keep the passages moist with trish's balm

and a q tip now.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 1:49 pm, Marguerite wrote:

> I am confused, how can they sticks release vapor without

> heating/warming them up....

>

> I got the crystals and melted those in a saucepan and got an intense

> vapor action all over my studio size appartment,

>

> I would like the idea of neat sticks packed everywhere and they work

> just as well.

>

> Consider this another 'sticky' post.

>

> Thanks for any clairification.

>

> M

>

>

>

>> From: kihunonline <kihunonline@...>

>> Subject: Re: Where to buy menthol crystals - STICKY

>> bird mites

>> Date: Friday, January 16, 2009, 12:47 PM

>>

>> Just to update you on what you get:

>>

>> Menthol from NewDirectionsAromat ics is in powder form (similar to

>> sea salt).

>>

>> The ones from LotionCrafters have many chunks of big

>> crytal " sticks " .

>>

>> So now that I've ordered from both places, I definitely prefer these

>> sticks b/c you can put them sticks in your bag, pockets, car, etc

>> and they don't get all over and make a mess but the vapor will still

>> permeate. You can also touch sticks w/ your hand without having to

>> wipe off the residue as you do if you grab powder. Menthol sticks

>> are just easier in general to handle.

>>

>>

>>>

>>> This question keeps coming up over and over so here it is again.

>>> (I'm just copy and pasting snippets of past posts).

>>>

>>> Since we can't seem to " sticky " posts here, should we title these

>>> types of posts with " sticky " in the subject?

>>>

>>> Anuyway, places to buy menthol crystals:

>>>

>>>

>>> Yes $15.39/lb here:

>> http://www.newdirec tionsaromatics. com/menthol-

>>> crystals-p-548. html

>>> Click on the Canadian flag if you are ordering from Canada.

>>>

>>>

>>> I get mine from www.lotioncrafter. com. $20.00 per pound plus

>> shipping.

>>>

>

>

Well, menthol crystals still release a small amount of " smell " (what

I meant as vapor) even when not being melted with a warmer. Case in

point is if you put your clothes in a tote with menthol crystals.

Leave it for a few days and wear them. Your skin will surely feel

the menthol, even tho it had not melted.

Let me add to what I wrote earlier. I find that the powdered

version can be spread over carpets and such (I put them in my palm,

and blew on it in the car). To that effect, you can kinda leave it

in like you'd leave borax in your carpet. Can't do that w/ bigger

crystal sticks.

However if I had to choose one over the other, I'd def choose

sticks. And if need be, you can crush sticks anyway with a pill

bottle or coffee grinder (whatever works for you)...

-k

> >

> > This question keeps coming up over and over so here it is again.

> > (I'm just copy and pasting snippets of past posts).

> >

> > Since we can't seem to " sticky " posts here, should we title

these

> > types of posts with " sticky " in the subject?

> >

> > Anuyway, places to buy menthol crystals:

> >

> >

> > Yes $15.39/lb here:

> http://www.newdirec tionsaromatics. com/menthol-

> > crystals-p-548. html

> > Click on the Canadian flag if you are ordering from Canada.

> >

> >

> > I get mine from www.lotioncrafter. com. $20.00 per pound plus

> shipping.

> >

>