RemedySpot.com

Re: Maybe not bird mites but scabies?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wow this is what I have to except I do have burrow marks lots of them. But other than that it sounds like your talking about me.From: kihunonline <kihunonline@...>Subject: Maybe not bird mites but scabies?bird mites Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 12:26 AM

I'm starting to wonder whether I have scabies. Human scabies or

canine scabies.

A friend of mine had scabies long time ago and suggested about a

month ago that maybe I have it too but I dismissed the idea b/c I

don't have any of the symptoms that are associated w/ scabies, at

least the symptoms I read online. I don't have intense itching,

huge rashes, or skin burrows. Bear with me here...

So I've been getting a lot of the creepy crawlies on my face.

If I take a shower, I do the ESP soap 5-min leave-in or masque if I

take a bath.

Usually within one hour, I start to feel the crawlies on my face.

Not so much on my body though. When I'm around ppl and when I have

the crawlies, I can't help but notice that they begin to scratch

their face/bodies when around me, typically the ppl sitting closest

to me and on the sides that are facing me. For example, if someone

is sitting close to me and their left side is facing me, then they

will begin to scratch their left cheek, left eye... basically left

side of the body. One of my sisters, while very supportive of this

ordeal, thinks I'm being hypersensitive and over-analyzing. As far

as I'm concerned, I am not (I'm sure you've all had similar

experiences) . The way ppl scratch isn't like when scratching itchy

dry skin. It's as if almost to pick off a particle from their skin,

using their thumb and index finger... or rubbing the tip of their

nose... or rubbing the eyes, digging into the tear duct part with an

index finger... do you get what I'm trying to say?

So today I googled, "crawling sensation on face" and ended up at a

scabies forum. Now this site seems like it's moderated by a company

called "safe2use" so I'm not sure if the moderators are just putting

good stuff up there to increase sales. But the symptoms described

in this post is exactly like what I have.

http://scabiesboard .lightjump. com/viewtopic. php?t=9

This Priscilla person describes black bugs (I had lots of black

specks in the beginning) and white fuzzies (I have white,

fuzzy "fiber mites" (that katiejill termed)). Does anyone have

experiences with scabies and safe2use products. Would you recommend

them?

As always, self diagnosis can be extremely misleading and often

times flat out wrong.

But as you guys know, I've been on the birdmites forum for almost 3

months now... I think I've gotten the environment controlled to a

point where it's livable (by only me of course!) but it's far from

over. I can knock them down but not eradicate them altogether. As

I realize that we are often dealing with different types of

critters, what may be working for one may not work for another.

What I have been dealing with are:

- I don't itch but I do get biting sensations.

- Some bites feel like bites - they hurt but tolorable. This

happens alot. Sometimes, twice in one min... randomly throughout

the day.

- Some bites are pin pricks and these hurt! They feel like stabs.

Fortunately this doesn't happen so often, especially now that I

always bake my clothes at 200F before wearing them. But I still may

get 5-10 a day when bad, maybe 2 that I can remember per day when

not so bad.

- I don't get raised bumps or welts

- If I look closely, I have tiny red dots - maybe those are where

I'm getting bit?

- I mentioned earlier that I get crawlies mainly on face... but

that's after taking a shower/bath, putting on freshly baked clothes

and walking out of the house. Then my face crawls. If I'm at home

all day, I do get crawlies throughout the body. A borax/epsom salt

mix sprayed onto the skin usually reduces the crawling feeling.

- When this first started, I used to see many black specks and white

specks.

- Now I don't really see black specks but only white specks.

Sometimes when I'm feeling crawly and look under black light, I have

white specks all over. If I spray down, lint roller, or vacuum

myself (with a brush attachment), I feel better and the crawlies are

reduced.

So I think I've mentioned that I got whatever it is I have from a

used car I bought almost 6 months ago. I don't think I've mentioned

however that the previous owner had 2 big golden retrievers and he

also mentioned that he and his wife rescue dogs. Infact, they've

rescued something like 19 dogs in the past 2 years. Now it all

seems to make sense. Perhaps I have canine scabies??? Again, I

just didn't consider scabies b/c my symptoms don't sound like

scabies. Do scabies cause pin-pricks? (which I get) Or are they

more about intense, uncontrollable itching (which I don't get). And

I have yet to go to a doctor but since scabies is a "real"

and "accepted" condition, whereas bird mites are not, maybe there

will be a doctor who can help me. If I wanted to get tested for

scabies, do I just set an appt w/ a dermitologist and tell him/her

to take some skin scrapings? Do I tell them beforehand that I want

to get tested for scabies?

Hi Ki,If you don't itch, then you don't have scabies. Scabies causes severe intense itching... I caught it when I was 14 by sitting on a commode seat in K-Mart. That's what I got for not listening to my mom!! Lol ! But anyway... I thought I would scratch the skin off it itched so badly! I will never forget that as long as I live! But....The symptoms that you described having now, were exactly the same symptoms that we had in the beginning of our infestation.We would sit next to someone and it was as if they were trying to pick or swat something off of their face. I knew that what ever this was, was coming off of us. I believe now that it was springtails. (Originally I thought it was head lice.)And I also believe that they infested our scalp first. That was why we had so much activity around the facial area. In the beginning I also noticed that my scalp had a very fine layer of miniscule "grit" on it. Especially around the top/back of my head where it seemed to be thicker. I would venture to guess that your scalp is infested. That may be why you are having facial activity with little or no bodily activity. A good scalp and hair protocol will cut down on the amount of activity around your face...Might even get rid of the infestation completely. What do you treat your scalp with, if I may ask??Best Wishes to you!TrlySent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: "kihunonline" <kihunonline@...>Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 05:26:25 -0000<bird mites >Subject: Maybe not bird mites but scabies? I'm starting to wonder whether I have scabies. Human scabies or canine scabies. A friend of mine had scabies long time ago and suggested about a month ago that maybe I have it too but I dismissed the idea b/c I don't have any of the symptoms that are associated w/ scabies, at least the symptoms I read online. I don't have intense itching, huge rashes, or skin burrows. Bear with me here... So I've been getting a lot of the creepy crawlies on my face. If I take a shower, I do the ESP soap 5-min leave-in or masque if I take a bath. Usually within one hour, I start to feel the crawlies on my face. Not so much on my body though. When I'm around ppl and when I have the crawlies, I can't help but notice that they begin to scratch their face/bodies when around me, typically the ppl sitting closest to me and on the sides that are facing me. For example, if someone is sitting close to me and their left side is facing me, then they will begin to scratch their left cheek, left eye... basically left side of the body. One of my sisters, while very supportive of this ordeal, thinks I'm being hypersensitive and over-analyzing. As far as I'm concerned, I am not (I'm sure you've all had similar experiences). The way ppl scratch isn't like when scratching itchy dry skin. It's as if almost to pick off a particle from their skin, using their thumb and index finger... or rubbing the tip of their nose... or rubbing the eyes, digging into the tear duct part with an index finger... do you get what I'm trying to say? So today I googled, " crawling sensation on face " and ended up at a scabies forum. Now this site seems like it's moderated by a company called " safe2use " so I'm not sure if the moderators are just putting good stuff up there to increase sales. But the symptoms described in this post is exactly like what I have.http://scabiesboard.lightjump.com/viewtopic.php?t=9 This Priscilla person describes black bugs (I had lots of black specks in the beginning) and white fuzzies (I have white, fuzzy " fiber mites " (that katiejill termed)). Does anyone have experiences with scabies and safe2use products. Would you recommend them? As always, self diagnosis can be extremely misleading and often times flat out wrong. But as you guys know, I've been on the birdmites forum for almost 3 months now... I think I've gotten the environment controlled to a point where it's livable (by only me of course!) but it's far from over. I can knock them down but not eradicate them altogether. As I realize that we are often dealing with different types of critters, what may be working for one may not work for another. What I have been dealing with are: - I don't itch but I do get biting sensations. - Some bites feel like bites - they hurt but tolorable. This happens alot. Sometimes, twice in one min... randomly throughout the day. - Some bites are pin pricks and these hurt! They feel like stabs. Fortunately this doesn't happen so often, especially now that I always bake my clothes at 200F before wearing them. But I still may get 5-10 a day when bad, maybe 2 that I can remember per day when not so bad. - I don't get raised bumps or welts - If I look closely, I have tiny red dots - maybe those are where I'm getting bit? - I mentioned earlier that I get crawlies mainly on face... but that's after taking a shower/bath, putting on freshly baked clothes and walking out of the house. Then my face crawls. If I'm at home all day, I do get crawlies throughout the body. A borax/epsom salt mix sprayed onto the skin usually reduces the crawling feeling. - When this first started, I used to see many black specks and white specks. - Now I don't really see black specks but only white specks. Sometimes when I'm feeling crawly and look under black light, I have white specks all over. If I spray down, lint roller, or vacuum myself (with a brush attachment), I feel better and the crawlies are reduced. So I think I've mentioned that I got whatever it is I have from a used car I bought almost 6 months ago. I don't think I've mentioned however that the previous owner had 2 big golden retrievers and he also mentioned that he and his wife rescue dogs. Infact, they've rescued something like 19 dogs in the past 2 years. Now it all seems to make sense. Perhaps I have canine scabies??? Again, I just didn't consider scabies b/c my symptoms don't sound like scabies. Do scabies cause pin-pricks? (which I get) Or are they more about intense, uncontrollable itching (which I don't get). And I have yet to go to a doctor but since scabies is a " real " and " accepted " condition, whereas bird mites are not, maybe there will be a doctor who can help me. If I wanted to get tested for scabies, do I just set an appt w/ a dermitologist and tell him/her to take some skin scrapings? Do I tell them beforehand that I want to get tested for scabies?

http://www.michvma.org/documents/MVC%20Proceedings/Loft.pdf it can happen....Rita

Maybe not bird mites but scabies?

I'm starting to wonder whether I have scabies. Human scabies or canine scabies.A friend of mine had scabies long time ago and suggested about a month ago that maybe I have it too but I dismissed the idea b/c I don't have any of the symptoms that are associated w/ scabies, at least the symptoms I read online. I don't have intense itching, huge rashes, or skin burrows. Bear with me here...So I've been getting a lot of the creepy crawlies on my face.If I take a shower, I do the ESP soap 5-min leave-in or masque if I take a bath.Usually within one hour, I start to feel the crawlies on my face. Not so much on my body though. When I'm around ppl and when I have the crawlies, I can't help but notice that they begin to scratch their face/bodies when around me, typically the ppl sitting closest to me and on the sides that are facing me. For example, if someone is sitting close to me and their left side is facing me, then they will begin to scratch their left cheek, left eye... basically left side of the body. One of my sisters, while very supportive of this ordeal, thinks I'm being hypersensitive and over-analyzing. As far as I'm concerned, I am not (I'm sure you've all had similar experiences). The way ppl scratch isn't like when scratching itchy dry skin. It's as if almost to pick off a particle from their skin, using their thumb and index finger... or rubbing the tip of their nose... or rubbing the eyes, digging into the tear duct part with an index finger... do you get what I'm trying to say?So today I googled, "crawling sensation on face" and ended up at a scabies forum. Now this site seems like it's moderated by a company called "safe2use" so I'm not sure if the moderators are just putting good stuff up there to increase sales. But the symptoms described in this post is exactly like what I have.http://scabiesboard.lightjump.com/viewtopic.php?t=9This Priscilla person describes black bugs (I had lots of black specks in the beginning) and white fuzzies (I have white, fuzzy "fiber mites" (that katiejill termed)). Does anyone have experiences with scabies and safe2use products. Would you recommend them?As always, self diagnosis can be extremely misleading and often times flat out wrong. But as you guys know, I've been on the birdmites forum for almost 3 months now... I think I've gotten the environment controlled to a point where it's livable (by only me of course!) but it's far from over. I can knock them down but not eradicate them altogether. As I realize that we are often dealing with different types of critters, what may be working for one may not work for another.What I have been dealing with are:- I don't itch but I do get biting sensations.- Some bites feel like bites - they hurt but tolorable. This happens alot. Sometimes, twice in one min... randomly throughout the day.- Some bites are pin pricks and these hurt! They feel like stabs. Fortunately this doesn't happen so often, especially now that I always bake my clothes at 200F before wearing them. But I still may get 5-10 a day when bad, maybe 2 that I can remember per day when not so bad.- I don't get raised bumps or welts- If I look closely, I have tiny red dots - maybe those are where I'm getting bit?- I mentioned earlier that I get crawlies mainly on face... but that's after taking a shower/bath, putting on freshly baked clothes and walking out of the house. Then my face crawls. If I'm at home all day, I do get crawlies throughout the body. A borax/epsom salt mix sprayed onto the skin usually reduces the crawling feeling.- When this first started, I used to see many black specks and white specks.- Now I don't really see black specks but only white specks. Sometimes when I'm feeling crawly and look under black light, I have white specks all over. If I spray down, lint roller, or vacuum myself (with a brush attachment), I feel better and the crawlies are reduced.So I think I've mentioned that I got whatever it is I have from a used car I bought almost 6 months ago. I don't think I've mentioned however that the previous owner had 2 big golden retrievers and he also mentioned that he and his wife rescue dogs. Infact, they've rescued something like 19 dogs in the past 2 years. Now it all seems to make sense. Perhaps I have canine scabies??? Again, I just didn't consider scabies b/c my symptoms don't sound like scabies. Do scabies cause pin-pricks? (which I get) Or are they more about intense, uncontrollable itching (which I don't get). And I have yet to go to a doctor but since scabies is a "real" and "accepted" condition, whereas bird mites are not, maybe there will be a doctor who can help me. If I wanted to get tested for scabies, do I just set an appt w/ a dermitologist and tell him/her to take some skin scrapings? Do I tell them beforehand that I want to get tested for scabies?

>

>

> >

I originally thought I had scabies. I had red bumps sometimes in a

line, but like you they didn't itch intensely. They usually lasted

about a week, except the ones that I scratched. They lasted much

longer. Now the bites (red marks) only last for about a half day and

then disappear. I told the doctor I thought I had scabies, he didn't

do a skin scraping, he told me he thought I had some sort of mite or

parasite. He gave me a prescription for Ivermectin and Predinose.

All symptoms went away for about 2 wks, then the bites were back. I

don't know if the Ivermectin killed anything or if the Prednisone

kept my body from reacting to the bites. The Ivermectin cost me $10

per dose even with insurance, so it isn't something I want to repeat

unless I now for sure that it works. Also, it messed with my balance

so I can't take it unless I stay home for the whole day. I've

decided I have bird/rodent mites, my symptoms sound similar to

yours, what drives me nuts is that I can't see anything, even when I

try to get a sample and look under a microscope.

>

Sorry, I usually don't bump posts but was hoping for more responses

(thanks Laurel!)... I'm really at a point where I'm just confused...

I don't know what I have and I'm keeping my mind open to scabies as

well. Can anyone shed some light or provide some opinions why you

thought you had scabies or concluded why you didn't have scabies

despite never seeing these critters.

I also am wondering the effectiveness of the safe2use enzyme

cleaners. We talk about orange based cleaners alot...

Thanks!

Kihun

>

> I'm starting to wonder whether I have scabies. Human scabies or

> canine scabies.

>

> A friend of mine had scabies long time ago and suggested about a

> month ago that maybe I have it too but I dismissed the idea b/c I

> don't have any of the symptoms that are associated w/ scabies, at

> least the symptoms I read online. I don't have intense itching,

> huge rashes, or skin burrows. Bear with me here...

>

> So I've been getting a lot of the creepy crawlies on my face.

> If I take a shower, I do the ESP soap 5-min leave-in or masque if

I

> take a bath.

>

> Usually within one hour, I start to feel the crawlies on my face.

> Not so much on my body though. When I'm around ppl and when I

have

> the crawlies, I can't help but notice that they begin to scratch

> their face/bodies when around me, typically the ppl sitting

closest

> to me and on the sides that are facing me. For example, if

someone

> is sitting close to me and their left side is facing me, then they

> will begin to scratch their left cheek, left eye... basically left

> side of the body. One of my sisters, while very supportive of

this

> ordeal, thinks I'm being hypersensitive and over-analyzing. As

far

> as I'm concerned, I am not (I'm sure you've all had similar

> experiences). The way ppl scratch isn't like when scratching

itchy

> dry skin. It's as if almost to pick off a particle from their

skin,

> using their thumb and index finger... or rubbing the tip of their

> nose... or rubbing the eyes, digging into the tear duct part with

an

> index finger... do you get what I'm trying to say?

>

> So today I googled, " crawling sensation on face " and ended up at a

> scabies forum. Now this site seems like it's moderated by a

company

> called " safe2use " so I'm not sure if the moderators are just

putting

> good stuff up there to increase sales. But the symptoms described

> in this post is exactly like what I have.

>

> http://scabiesboard.lightjump.com/viewtopic.php?t=9

>

> This Priscilla person describes black bugs (I had lots of black

> specks in the beginning) and white fuzzies (I have white,

> fuzzy " fiber mites " (that katiejill termed)). Does anyone have

> experiences with scabies and safe2use products. Would you

recommend

> them?

>

> As always, self diagnosis can be extremely misleading and often

> times flat out wrong.

>

> But as you guys know, I've been on the birdmites forum for almost

> months now... I think I've gotten the environment controlled to a

> point where it's livable (by only me of course!) but it's far from

> over. I can knock them down but not eradicate them altogether.

As

> I realize that we are often dealing with different types of

> critters, what may be working for one may not work for another.

>

> What I have been dealing with are:

> - I don't itch but I do get biting sensations.

> - Some bites feel like bites - they hurt but tolorable. This

> happens alot. Sometimes, twice in one min... randomly throughout

> the day.

> - Some bites are pin pricks and these hurt! They feel like

stabs.

> Fortunately this doesn't happen so often, especially now that I

> always bake my clothes at 200F before wearing them. But I still

may

> get 5-10 a day when bad, maybe 2 that I can remember per day when

> not so bad.

> - I don't get raised bumps or welts

> - If I look closely, I have tiny red dots - maybe those are where

> I'm getting bit?

> - I mentioned earlier that I get crawlies mainly on face... but

> that's after taking a shower/bath, putting on freshly baked

clothes

> and walking out of the house. Then my face crawls. If I'm at

home

> all day, I do get crawlies throughout the body. A borax/epsom

salt

> mix sprayed onto the skin usually reduces the crawling feeling.

> - When this first started, I used to see many black specks and

white

> specks.

> - Now I don't really see black specks but only white specks.

> Sometimes when I'm feeling crawly and look under black light, I

have

> white specks all over. If I spray down, lint roller, or vacuum

> myself (with a brush attachment), I feel better and the crawlies

are

> reduced.

>

> So I think I've mentioned that I got whatever it is I have from a

> used car I bought almost 6 months ago. I don't think I've

mentioned

> however that the previous owner had 2 big golden retrievers and he

> also mentioned that he and his wife rescue dogs. Infact, they've

> rescued something like 19 dogs in the past 2 years. Now it all

> seems to make sense. Perhaps I have canine scabies??? Again, I

> just didn't consider scabies b/c my symptoms don't sound like

> scabies. Do scabies cause pin-pricks? (which I get) Or are they

> more about intense, uncontrollable itching (which I don't get).

And

> I have yet to go to a doctor but since scabies is a " real "

> and " accepted " condition, whereas bird mites are not, maybe there

> will be a doctor who can help me. If I wanted to get tested for

> scabies, do I just set an appt w/ a dermitologist and tell him/her

> to take some skin scrapings? Do I tell them beforehand that I

want

> to get tested for scabies?

>

Kihun -

I never considered scabies because I had MANY pet birds; I had

actually been a breeder for many years.

However, I know there are online support groups specifically for

scabies. You might want to google that, find one, and read what they

have to say. You're more likely to get really focussed information

about scabies there.

Bessie

> >

> > I'm starting to wonder whether I have scabies. Human scabies or

> > canine scabies.

> >

> > A friend of mine had scabies long time ago and suggested about a

> > month ago that maybe I have it too but I dismissed the idea b/c I

> > don't have any of the symptoms that are associated w/ scabies, at

> > least the symptoms I read online. I don't have intense itching,

> > huge rashes, or skin burrows. Bear with me here...

> >

> > So I've been getting a lot of the creepy crawlies on my face.

> > If I take a shower, I do the ESP soap 5-min leave-in or masque if

> I

> > take a bath.

> >

> > Usually within one hour, I start to feel the crawlies on my

face.

> > Not so much on my body though. When I'm around ppl and when I

> have

> > the crawlies, I can't help but notice that they begin to scratch

> > their face/bodies when around me, typically the ppl sitting

> closest

> > to me and on the sides that are facing me. For example, if

> someone

> > is sitting close to me and their left side is facing me, then

they

> > will begin to scratch their left cheek, left eye... basically

left

> > side of the body. One of my sisters, while very supportive of

> this

> > ordeal, thinks I'm being hypersensitive and over-analyzing. As

> far

> > as I'm concerned, I am not (I'm sure you've all had similar

> > experiences). The way ppl scratch isn't like when scratching

> itchy

> > dry skin. It's as if almost to pick off a particle from their

> skin,

> > using their thumb and index finger... or rubbing the tip of their

> > nose... or rubbing the eyes, digging into the tear duct part with

> an

> > index finger... do you get what I'm trying to say?

> >

> > So today I googled, " crawling sensation on face " and ended up at

a

> > scabies forum. Now this site seems like it's moderated by a

> company

> > called " safe2use " so I'm not sure if the moderators are just

> putting

> > good stuff up there to increase sales. But the symptoms

described

> > in this post is exactly like what I have.

> >

> > http://scabiesboard.lightjump.com/viewtopic.php?t=9

> >

> > This Priscilla person describes black bugs (I had lots of black

> > specks in the beginning) and white fuzzies (I have white,

> > fuzzy " fiber mites " (that katiejill termed)). Does anyone have

> > experiences with scabies and safe2use products. Would you

> recommend

> > them?

> >

> > As always, self diagnosis can be extremely misleading and often

> > times flat out wrong.

> >

> > But as you guys know, I've been on the birdmites forum for almost

> 3

> > months now... I think I've gotten the environment controlled to a

> > point where it's livable (by only me of course!) but it's far

from

> > over. I can knock them down but not eradicate them altogether.

> As

> > I realize that we are often dealing with different types of

> > critters, what may be working for one may not work for another.

> >

> > What I have been dealing with are:

> > - I don't itch but I do get biting sensations.

> > - Some bites feel like bites - they hurt but tolorable. This

> > happens alot. Sometimes, twice in one min... randomly throughout

> > the day.

> > - Some bites are pin pricks and these hurt! They feel like

> stabs.

> > Fortunately this doesn't happen so often, especially now that I

> > always bake my clothes at 200F before wearing them. But I still

> may

> > get 5-10 a day when bad, maybe 2 that I can remember per day when

> > not so bad.

> > - I don't get raised bumps or welts

> > - If I look closely, I have tiny red dots - maybe those are where

> > I'm getting bit?

> > - I mentioned earlier that I get crawlies mainly on face... but

> > that's after taking a shower/bath, putting on freshly baked

> clothes

> > and walking out of the house. Then my face crawls. If I'm at

> home

> > all day, I do get crawlies throughout the body. A borax/epsom

> salt

> > mix sprayed onto the skin usually reduces the crawling feeling.

> > - When this first started, I used to see many black specks and

> white

> > specks.

> > - Now I don't really see black specks but only white specks.

> > Sometimes when I'm feeling crawly and look under black light, I

> have

> > white specks all over. If I spray down, lint roller, or vacuum

> > myself (with a brush attachment), I feel better and the crawlies

> are

> > reduced.

> >

> > So I think I've mentioned that I got whatever it is I have from a

> > used car I bought almost 6 months ago. I don't think I've

> mentioned

> > however that the previous owner had 2 big golden retrievers and

he

> > also mentioned that he and his wife rescue dogs. Infact, they've

> > rescued something like 19 dogs in the past 2 years. Now it all

> > seems to make sense. Perhaps I have canine scabies??? Again, I

> > just didn't consider scabies b/c my symptoms don't sound like

> > scabies. Do scabies cause pin-pricks? (which I get) Or are they

> > more about intense, uncontrollable itching (which I don't get).

> And

> > I have yet to go to a doctor but since scabies is a " real "

> > and " accepted " condition, whereas bird mites are not, maybe there

> > will be a doctor who can help me. If I wanted to get tested for

> > scabies, do I just set an appt w/ a dermitologist and tell

him/her

> > to take some skin scrapings? Do I tell them beforehand that I

> want

> > to get tested for scabies?

> >

>

Here is a really good scabies forum: www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies

Please remember that if you find something over there that helps you,

please come back here and tell us.

> From: kihunonline <kihunonline@...>

> Subject: Maybe not bird mites but scabies?

> bird mites

> Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 12:26 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I'm starting to wonder whether I have scabies. Human

scabies or

>

> canine scabies.

>

>

>

> A friend of mine had scabies long time ago and suggested about a

>

> month ago that maybe I have it too but I dismissed the idea b/c I

>

> don't have any of the symptoms that are associated w/ scabies, at

>

> least the symptoms I read online. I don't have intense itching,

>

> huge rashes, or skin burrows. Bear with me here...

>

>

>

> So I've been getting a lot of the creepy crawlies on my face.

>

> If I take a shower, I do the ESP soap 5-min leave-in or masque if I

>

> take a bath.

>

>

>

> Usually within one hour, I start to feel the crawlies on my face.

>

> Not so much on my body though. When I'm around ppl and when I have

>

> the crawlies, I can't help but notice that they begin to scratch

>

> their face/bodies when around me, typically the ppl sitting closest

>

> to me and on the sides that are facing me. For example, if someone

>

> is sitting close to me and their left side is facing me, then they

>

> will begin to scratch their left cheek, left eye... basically left

>

> side of the body. One of my sisters, while very supportive of this

>

> ordeal, thinks I'm being hypersensitive and over-analyzing. As far

>

> as I'm concerned, I am not (I'm sure you've all had similar

>

> experiences) . The way ppl scratch isn't like when scratching itchy

>

> dry skin. It's as if almost to pick off a particle from their skin,

>

> using their thumb and index finger... or rubbing the tip of their

>

> nose... or rubbing the eyes, digging into the tear duct part with an

>

> index finger... do you get what I'm trying to say?

>

>

>

> So today I googled, " crawling sensation on face " and ended up at a

>

> scabies forum. Now this site seems like it's moderated by a company

>

> called " safe2use " so I'm not sure if the moderators are just putting

>

> good stuff up there to increase sales. But the symptoms described

>

> in this post is exactly like what I have.

>

>

>

> http://scabiesboard .lightjump. com/viewtopic. php?t=9

>

>

>

> This Priscilla person describes black bugs (I had lots of black

>

> specks in the beginning) and white fuzzies (I have white,

>

> fuzzy " fiber mites " (that katiejill termed)). Does anyone have

>

> experiences with scabies and safe2use products. Would you recommend

>

> them?

>

>

>

> As always, self diagnosis can be extremely misleading and often

>

> times flat out wrong.

>

>

>

> But as you guys know, I've been on the birdmites forum for almost 3

>

> months now... I think I've gotten the environment controlled to a

>

> point where it's livable (by only me of course!) but it's far from

>

> over. I can knock them down but not eradicate them altogether. As

>

> I realize that we are often dealing with different types of

>

> critters, what may be working for one may not work for another.

>

>

>

> What I have been dealing with are:

>

> - I don't itch but I do get biting sensations.

>

> - Some bites feel like bites - they hurt but tolorable. This

>

> happens alot. Sometimes, twice in one min... randomly throughout

>

> the day.

>

> - Some bites are pin pricks and these hurt! They feel like stabs.

>

> Fortunately this doesn't happen so often, especially now that I

>

> always bake my clothes at 200F before wearing them. But I still may

>

> get 5-10 a day when bad, maybe 2 that I can remember per day when

>

> not so bad.

>

> - I don't get raised bumps or welts

>

> - If I look closely, I have tiny red dots - maybe those are where

>

> I'm getting bit?

>

> - I mentioned earlier that I get crawlies mainly on face... but

>

> that's after taking a shower/bath, putting on freshly baked clothes

>

> and walking out of the house. Then my face crawls. If I'm at home

>

> all day, I do get crawlies throughout the body. A borax/epsom salt

>

> mix sprayed onto the skin usually reduces the crawling feeling.

>

> - When this first started, I used to see many black specks and white

>

> specks.

>

> - Now I don't really see black specks but only white specks.

>

> Sometimes when I'm feeling crawly and look under black light, I have

>

> white specks all over. If I spray down, lint roller, or vacuum

>

> myself (with a brush attachment), I feel better and the crawlies are

>

> reduced.

>

>

>

> So I think I've mentioned that I got whatever it is I have from a