RemedySpot.com

Re: LINT ROLLERS FOR DRY, CHEMICAL FREE REMOVAL OF BITERS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you...your level of organization amazes me! Were u born organized or did u become that way? I am the most 'disconbobulated' person...lol. I attack stuff and get after it. I absolutely cannot make a plan. wow, ur good>> Hi, grl, I found this and wanted to share my procedures for dealing > with post-beddie-bye biters:> > One thing that is important to know when trying to sleep is that > usually it is a limited number of biters attacking the same places > repeatedly. > > I no longer automatically get up after a couple of bites and change all > the bedding. I have levels. > > Also, I got sick of spraying cold wet liquids on myself all night so I > keep a half empty (thin) lint roller, with fresh (sticky) sheet, by my > pillow (covered by vinyl, blanket, DE+Borax, and disposable sheet). > Careful, the lint rollers stick to the sheets easily, so lay them down > gently.> > LOCATION OF BITER> > Most likely: outside of bedclothes> Next most likely: inside of bedclothes> Least likely: directly on skin> > LINT ROLLER USE AND WHY IT WORKS> > Press the lint roller to each of the above locations in turn, in the > order given, until doing so stops the bite. > > Press lightly. This gives critters room to move, which is how they > actually get stuck, not by pressure. > > Leave the lint roller in place for at least 60 seconds. If you fall > asleep and that was the only biter, no problem. The lint roller will > still be there when you wake up.> > CRITERIA FOR DETERMINING LEVEL OF RESPONSE> > 1-4 biters: > * Don gloves (powdered vinyl is my preference)> * Replace top/disposable layer/sheet only> * Go back to bed> > 5 or more biters: > * Don gloves> * Remove top/disposable layer/sheet> * Replenish DE+Borax on next layer (vellux blanket for me)> * Replace top/disposable layer/sheet> * Change socks (minimum) or PJs, if needed> * Re-shower/re-balm only if actual skin issues are involved> > 1 more bite after this: > * Don gloves again if needed> * Strip top sheet and blanket> * Put on a fresh blanket, tarp, tablecloth, anything you have.> * Coat it with fresh DE+Borax> * Put something clean over the powder> * Change socks and, if you have a clean set, PJs> * Try again. > > These stepped responses have saved me lots and lots of sleep.> I hope they help you as much as they have me.> > katiejill > > From: dammitgrl2001 <dammitgrl2001>> I am having the crawlies today too...what is it? I'm sure > we are not the only ones. I keep a bottle of alcohol/witchhazel/ > tea tree oil and spray the spot. then rub it with my fingertips and > usually find something... even if its the glitter pieces. We do become > sensitive.>