RemedySpot.com

Re: I use revolution on my cat, but it barely works. What about a ACV bath?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If you have a suit of armour you might try. My Miss Kitty would shred

me! Seriously, I have heard of people bathing their cats, but not too

many, least not ones who live to tell about it. I think the vets

sedate them if they are going to bathe them.

Bessie

>

> I've never bathed my cat so does anyone know how I can bathe her? I

> can barely get her to stay still enough for me to apply the

revolution.

>

<giggle> I tried. I got bitten twice! Then I got to deal with the infection from the bites. If they are not used to it, perhaps the suit of armour would be a good thing. Poor kitties, they have got to be some of the hardest to treat in this infestation.

From: Bessie Glavas <bessieglavas@...>bird mites Sent: Tuesday, December 2, 2008 5:25:30 PMSubject: Re: I use revolution on my cat, but it barely works. What about a ACV bath?

If you have a suit of armour you might try. My Miss Kitty would shred me! Seriously, I have heard of people bathing their cats, but not too many, least not ones who live to tell about it. I think the vets sedate them if they are going to bathe them. Bessie>> I've never bathed my cat so does anyone know how I can bathe her? I > can barely get her to stay still enough for me to apply the revolution.>

I used to wear two shirts, one with long sleeves and just get the shower water at the right temperature, before you put her in the tub. she will jump out, but you will have to get her back in the tub to rinse her off. don't let any soap stay on her, as she will lick at it.

I used to give my cats lym/sulfur dips, and that was a nightmare. they jumped on my back and I couldn't get them off my back; hence, the two shirts.

mel

From: fritolay66 <fritolay66@...>Subject: Re: Re: I use revolution on my cat, but it barely works. What about a ACV bath?bird mites Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 7:02 PM

<giggle> I tried. I got bitten twice! Then I got to deal with the infection from the bites. If they are not used to it, perhaps the suit of armour would be a good thing. Poor kitties, they have got to be some of the hardest to treat in this infestation.

From: Bessie Glavas <bessieglavas>bird mitesSent: Tuesday, December 2, 2008 5:25:30 PMSubject: Re: I use revolution on my cat, but it barely works. What about a ACV bath?

If you have a suit of armour you might try. My Miss Kitty would shred me! Seriously, I have heard of people bathing their cats, but not too many, least not ones who live to tell about it. I think the vets sedate them if they are going to bathe them. Bessie>> I've never bathed my cat so does anyone know how I can bathe her? I > can barely get her to stay still enough for me to apply the revolution.>

If you have an enclosed shower stall, that would be best. You need an

enclosed space so she can't run away, and the suit of armor that

others have referred to. But seriously, when I bath my cats they

don't bite or scratch me.

myrtle

>

> can barely get her to stay still enough for me to apply the revolution.

>

Another trick is to get the cat into a pillow case and carry her to the bath room like that. One thing about cats is that if they are upset, they become calm when they can hide. We used to take our cats to the vet like this before kitty carriers came out. Also when people trap strays to be picked up by a shelter or possible animal foster parents they cover the trapped kitty box with a blanket to sooth the kitty. I might even suggest using a similar tactic coupled with a yummy snack after bathing. This way your kitty associates bathing with safety and pleasure. It will take time for the cat to catch on but, reinforce "immediately" after you are finished with the routine (you don't want kitty to think she is getting reinforced for a tail wag or a hiss" Animals respond to rewards and punishments depending on what has just happened. Oh and be patient with

kitty she will probably never like baths, but may put up with it better. HugsJ.

From: fritolay66 <fritolay66 (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Re: I use revolution on my cat, but it barely works. What about a ACV bath?bird mitesDate: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 7:02 PM

From: Bessie Glavas <bessieglavas>bird mitesSent: Tuesday, December 2, 2008 5:25:30 PMSubject: Re: I use revolution on my cat, but it barely works. What about a ACV bath?

You can also put them in the kitchen sink if a tub is not available.From: myrtle_maui <myrtle_maui@...>Subject: Re: I use revolution on my cat, but it barely works. What about a ACV bath?bird mites Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 7:41 PM

If you have an enclosed shower stall, that would be best. You need an

enclosed space so she can't run away, and the suit of armor that

others have referred to. But seriously, when I bath my cats they

don't bite or scratch me.

myrtle

>

> can barely get her to stay still enough for me to apply the revolution.

>