RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Maybe not bird mites but scabies? KIHUN

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Kihun: I think you have canine sarcoptic mange mite, and I think that is what I have. I get pin prick bites, face crawling. I can actually see my mites with a 60x pocketscope and spraying essential oils on my palm, to get them moving around. they are tiny. i do not see black specs with the naked eye though. my cat was diagnosed with sarcotic mange 3 years ago. your suspicions on the used car and dogs is probably correct.

mel

From: kihunonline <kihunonline@...>Subject: Re: Maybe not bird mites but scabies?bird mites Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 12:32 AM

Sorry, I usually don't bump posts but was hoping for more responses (thanks Laurel!)... I'm really at a point where I'm just confused... I don't know what I have and I'm keeping my mind open to scabies as well. Can anyone shed some light or provide some opinions why you thought you had scabies or concluded why you didn't have scabies despite never seeing these critters.I also am wondering the effectiveness of the safe2use enzyme cleaners. We talk about orange based cleaners alot...Thanks!Kihun>> I'm starting to wonder whether I have scabies. Human scabies or > canine scabies.> > A friend of mine had scabies long time ago and suggested about a > month ago that maybe I have it too but I

dismissed the idea b/c I > don't have any of the symptoms that are associated w/ scabies, at > least the symptoms I read online. I don't have intense itching, > huge rashes, or skin burrows. Bear with me here...> > So I've been getting a lot of the creepy crawlies on my face.> If I take a shower, I do the ESP soap 5-min leave-in or masque if I > take a bath.> > Usually within one hour, I start to feel the crawlies on my face. > Not so much on my body though. When I'm around ppl and when I have > the crawlies, I can't help but notice that they begin to scratch > their face/bodies when around me, typically the ppl sitting closest > to me and on the sides that are facing me. For example, if someone > is sitting close to me and their left side is facing me, then they > will begin to scratch their left cheek, left eye... basically left

> side of the body. One of my sisters, while very supportive of this > ordeal, thinks I'm being hypersensitive and over-analyzing. As far > as I'm concerned, I am not (I'm sure you've all had similar > experiences) . The way ppl scratch isn't like when scratching itchy > dry skin. It's as if almost to pick off a particle from their skin, > using their thumb and index finger... or rubbing the tip of their > nose... or rubbing the eyes, digging into the tear duct part with an > index finger... do you get what I'm trying to say?> > So today I googled, "crawling sensation on face" and ended up at a > scabies forum. Now this site seems like it's moderated by a company > called "safe2use" so I'm not sure if the moderators are just putting > good stuff up there to increase sales. But the symptoms described > in this post is exactly like

what I have.> > http://scabiesboard .lightjump. com/viewtopic. php?t=9> > This Priscilla person describes black bugs (I had lots of black > specks in the beginning) and white fuzzies (I have white, > fuzzy "fiber mites" (that katiejill termed)). Does anyone have > experiences with scabies and safe2use products. Would you recommend > them?> > As always, self diagnosis can be extremely misleading and often > times flat out wrong. > > But as you guys know, I've been on the birdmites forum for almost 3 > months now... I think I've gotten the environment controlled to a > point where it's livable (by only me of course!) but it's far from > over. I can knock them down but not eradicate them altogether. As > I realize that we are often

dealing with different types of > critters, what may be working for one may not work for another.> > What I have been dealing with are:> - I don't itch but I do get biting sensations.> - Some bites feel like bites - they hurt but tolorable. This > happens alot. Sometimes, twice in one min... randomly throughout > the day.> - Some bites are pin pricks and these hurt! They feel like stabs. > Fortunately this doesn't happen so often, especially now that I > always bake my clothes at 200F before wearing them. But I still may > get 5-10 a day when bad, maybe 2 that I can remember per day when > not so bad.> - I don't get raised bumps or welts> - If I look closely, I have tiny red dots - maybe those are where > I'm getting bit?> - I mentioned earlier that I get crawlies mainly on face... but > that's after taking a shower/bath,

putting on freshly baked clothes > and walking out of the house. Then my face crawls. If I'm at home > all day, I do get crawlies throughout the body. A borax/epsom salt > mix sprayed onto the skin usually reduces the crawling feeling.> - When this first started, I used to see many black specks and white > specks.> - Now I don't really see black specks but only white specks. > Sometimes when I'm feeling crawly and look under black light, I have > white specks all over. If I spray down, lint roller, or vacuum > myself (with a brush attachment), I feel better and the crawlies are > reduced.> > So I think I've mentioned that I got whatever it is I have from a > used car I bought almost 6 months ago. I don't think I've mentioned > however that the previous owner had 2 big golden retrievers and he > also mentioned that he and

his wife rescue dogs. Infact, they've > rescued something like 19 dogs in the past 2 years. Now it all > seems to make sense. Perhaps I have canine scabies??? Again, I > just didn't consider scabies b/c my symptoms don't sound like > scabies. Do scabies cause pin-pricks? (which I get) Or are they > more about intense, uncontrollable itching (which I don't get). And > I have yet to go to a doctor but since scabies is a "real" > and "accepted" condition, whereas bird mites are not, maybe there > will be a doctor who can help me. If I wanted to get tested for > scabies, do I just set an appt w/ a dermitologist and tell him/her > to take some skin scrapings? Do I tell them beforehand that I want > to get tested for scabies?>