RemedySpot.com

Re: garden sprayer as a weapon !!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wow, it sure took a long time for this post of mine to show up. Seems to be a major delay on the site some times. We are getting use to the thought that the basement will be waiting for spring cleaning. I just hate the thought of going down there in the spring and risking the "things" getting all over us. I think once I get the rooms empty I will take the garden sprayer and fill it with mostly Clorox. Start with the ceiling and then do walls and floors. Let that dry and then spray over that with the salt. The instructions on the gallon on neem oil tells the ratio of oil to water so I might as well oil the rooms down with that also......our neighbors might smell the house but I'm past caring. Thanks to all who are posting and keeping the faith. Just one of the trench soldiers.....Rita

Re: Thanks for checking on us

Rita,Bless your heart... Don't you dare jump head first down a well!! We need you Rita!! ;):) You have helped so many people including myself. Glad to hear that you don't have mold or mildew in your basement.For some reason I have a bit starting in my basement that is coming through the painted cinderblock wall... except it's a chunky substance and "white"... I'm just hoping and praying that this doesn't start a 'flair up" of whatever these things are.What a horrible feeling for you to know that you have to go down in your basemsnt everyday to do laundry. Keep using the Salt & Clorox in the environment... There is no way that they can survive that. It takes drastic measures, this battle does. If I were able, I would love to come help you.Keep on fighting these things gal. When you get emotionally weary, we're all here for you!Love ya!Trly>> Trly, we have a big 4 bedroom old n house....2,300 sq. foot. Yes, we are still using the old stand bys, Clorox salt, raid and iodine. Like you said, without those I would have jumped head first down the well.....and I do have an actual well that I draw water up from in a bucket. Our basement doesn't have any mold or mildew. We moved some items down there when we started to empty our house out last year. Those pieces of furniture are still there. We also have our washer and drier down there. So we have to go down there every day. Trly, our skin looks great.....but we feel them in the basement and my scalp is still itching from the damn leaves. My husband says he feels movement on his face but his skin looks clear. I should not have clean my house up. I washed the floors and removed all the salt and Clorox. If these things get started back inside our home you will hear me screaming !!!!! I have run out of new ways to fight this and I'm so tired of thinking it's gone and then to only have it return when I least expect it. That nurse was right when she told me that everyone seems to make the same mistake. They get better and stop the treatments too soon and then they are back to square one. Thanks for asking about me.....I really feel like a worn out warrior.......It's a nightmare from hell. Rita> >

Rita if you not going down the basement until the spring you could always hire a pco to go down there first and spray and fog the hell out of it? Then wait a few days the go and do your bleach,,salt and neem routine. I think it would be safer that way but it's your house so you would know better than I. tommyFrom: Rita and Mike Carlson <m.r.carlson@...>Subject: Re: garden sprayer as a weapon !!bird mites Date: Saturday, December 6, 2008, 6:08 PM

Wow, it sure took a long time for this post of mine to show up. Seems to be a major delay on the site some times. We are getting use to the thought that the basement will be waiting for spring cleaning. I just hate the thought of going down there in the spring and risking the "things" getting all over us. I think once I get the rooms empty I will take the garden sprayer and fill it with mostly Clorox. Start with the ceiling and then do walls and floors. Let that dry and then spray over that with the salt. The instructions on the gallon on neem oil tells the ratio of oil to water so I might as well oil the rooms down with that also......our neighbors might smell the house but I'm past caring. Thanks to all who are posting and keeping the faith. Just one of the trench soldiers.... .Rita

Rita,Bless your heart... Don't you dare jump head first down a well!! We need you Rita!! ;):) You have helped so many people including myself. Glad to hear that you don't have mold or mildew in your basement.For some reason I have a bit starting in my basement that is coming through the painted cinderblock wall... except it's a chunky substance and "white"... I'm just hoping and praying that this doesn't start a 'flair up" of whatever these things are.What a horrible feeling for you to know that you have to go down in your basemsnt everyday to do laundry. Keep using the Salt & Clorox in the environment. .. There is no way that they can survive that. It takes drastic measures, this battle does. If I were able, I would love to come help you.Keep on fighting these things gal. When you get emotionally weary, we're all here for you!Love ya!Trly>> Trly, we have a big 4 bedroom old n house....2,300 sq. foot. Yes, we are still using the old stand bys, Clorox salt, raid and iodine. Like you said, without those I would have jumped head first down the well.....and I do have an actual well that I draw water up from in a bucket. Our basement doesn't have any mold or mildew. We moved some items down there when we started to empty our house out last year. Those pieces of furniture are still there. We also have our washer and drier down there. So we have to go down there every day. Trly, our skin looks great.....but we feel them in the basement and my scalp is still itching from the damn leaves. My husband says he feels movement on his face but his skin looks clear. I should not have clean my house up. I washed the floors and removed all the salt and Clorox. If these things get started back inside our home you will hear me screaming !!!!! I have run out of new ways to fight this and I'm so tired of thinking it's gone and then to only have it return when I least expect it. That nurse was right when she told me that everyone seems to make the same mistake. They get better and stop the treatments too soon and then they are back to square one. Thanks for asking about me.....I really feel like a worn out warrior..... ..It's a nightmare from hell. Rita> >

Rita -

Hire someone to do it. We already know that many if not most

are " immune " to these critters, so you won't be subjecting anyone to

anything. I hire for yard work, as I think that may be

the " original " source. I almost never even step on the lawn. It's

crazy.

Bessie

> >

> > Trly, we have a big 4 bedroom old n house....2,300 sq.

> foot. Yes, we are still using the old stand bys, Clorox salt,

raid

> and iodine. Like you said, without those I would have jumped head

> first down the well.....and I do have an actual well that I draw

> water up from in a bucket. Our basement doesn't have any mold or

> mildew. We moved some items down there when we started to empty

our

> house out last year. Those pieces of furniture are still there.

We

> also have our washer and drier down there. So we have to go down

> there every day. Trly, our skin looks great.....but we feel them

in

> the basement and my scalp is still itching from the damn leaves.

My

> husband says he feels movement on his face but his skin looks

clear.

> I should not have clean my house up. I washed the floors and

removed

> all the salt and Clorox. If these things get started back inside

our

> home you will hear me screaming !!!!! I have run out of new ways

to

> fight this and I'm so tired of thinking it's gone and then to

only

> have it return when I least expect it. That nurse was right when

she

> told me that everyone seems to make the same mistake. They get

better

> and stop the treatments too soon and then they are back to square

> one. Thanks for asking about me.....I really feel like a worn out

> warrior.......It's a nightmare from hell. Rita

> >

> >

>

That's a great idea......I just might do that....the things that we have here in this house don't just "bite".....they feel like little scalpels slicing into our skin. The bite just flat hurts and I don't like the thought of those things getting all over us again. We have dusted the rooms down with tons of DE and were are hoping that helps some. Thanks for the thought.....Rita

Rita,Bless your heart... Don't you dare jump head first down a well!! We need you Rita!! ;):) You have helped so many people including myself. Glad to hear that you don't have mold or mildew in your basement.For some reason I have a bit starting in my basement that is coming through the painted cinderblock wall... except it's a chunky substance and "white"... I'm just hoping and praying that this doesn't start a 'flair up" of whatever these things are.What a horrible feeling for you to know that you have to go down in your basemsnt everyday to do laundry. Keep using the Salt & Clorox in the environment. .. There is no way that they can survive that. It takes drastic measures, this battle does. If I were able, I would love to come help you.Keep on fighting these things gal. When you get emotionally weary, we're all here for you!Love ya!Trly>> Trly, we have a big 4 bedroom old n house....2,300 sq. foot. Yes, we are still using the old stand bys, Clorox salt, raid and iodine. Like you said, without those I would have jumped head first down the well.....and I do have an actual well that I draw water up from in a bucket. Our basement doesn't have any mold or mildew. We moved some items down there when we started to empty our house out last year. Those pieces of furniture are still there. We also have our washer and drier down there. So we have to go down there every day. Trly, our skin looks great.....but we feel them in the basement and my scalp is still itching from the damn leaves. My husband says he feels movement on his face but his skin looks clear. I should not have clean my house up. I washed the floors and removed all the salt and Clorox. If these things get started back inside our home you will hear me screaming !!!!! I have run out of new ways to fight this and I'm so tired of thinking it's gone and then to only have it return when I least expect it. That nurse was right when she told me that everyone seems to make the same mistake. They get better and stop the treatments too soon and then they are back to square one. Thanks for asking about me.....I really feel like a worn out warrior..... ..It's a nightmare from hell. Rita> >

Yes, we did that for the house furniture. We hired a crew to take all the items out of the house. I still have someone mow my yard. I feel like I'm in prison. I always did my own yard work and enjoyed working in my garden....now I just stand and stare out the window.................I'm like the living dead ! Rita

Re: garden sprayer as a weapon !!

Rita - Hire someone to do it. We already know that many if not most are "immune" to these critters, so you won't be subjecting anyone to anything. I hire for yard work, as I think that may be the "original" source. I almost never even step on the lawn. It's crazy.Bessie> >> > Trly, we have a big 4 bedroom old n house....2,300 sq. > foot. Yes, we are still using the old stand bys, Clorox salt, raid > and iodine. Like you said, without those I would have jumped head > first down the well.....and I do have an actual well that I draw > water up from in a bucket. Our basement doesn't have any mold or > mildew. We moved some items down there when we started to empty our > house out last year. Those pieces of furniture are still there. We > also have our washer and drier down there. So we have to go down > there every day. Trly, our skin looks great.....but we feel them in > the basement and my scalp is still itching from the damn leaves. My > husband says he feels movement on his face but his skin looks clear. > I should not have clean my house up. I washed the floors and removed > all the salt and Clorox. If these things get started back inside our > home you will hear me screaming !!!!! I have run out of new ways to > fight this and I'm so tired of thinking it's gone and then to only > have it return when I least expect it. That nurse was right when she > told me that everyone seems to make the same mistake. They get better > and stop the treatments too soon and then they are back to square > one. Thanks for asking about me.....I really feel like a worn out > warrior.......It's a nightmare from hell. Rita> > > >>

Sounds like a plan to me... just as long as you kill the darned

things!! I just hate it that you're going to have to go through all

of the " throwing items out " routine all over again....

Who cares if your neighbors can smell your house!!! Oiling the rooms

down will most certainly make it an unappealing place for these

things to thrive. Go get 'em! :)

>

> Wow, it sure took a long time for this post of mine to show up.

Seems to be a major delay on the site some times. We are getting use

to the thought that the basement will be waiting for spring cleaning.

I just hate the thought of going down there in the spring and risking

the " things " getting all over us. I think once I get the rooms empty

I will take the garden sprayer and fill it with mostly Clorox. Start

with the ceiling and then do walls and floors. Let that dry and then

spray over that with the salt. The instructions on the gallon on neem

oil tells the ratio of oil to water so I might as well oil the rooms

down with that also......our neighbors might smell the house but I'm

past caring. Thanks to all who are posting and keeping the faith.

Just one of the trench soldiers.....Rita

>

Rita -

That is a term I have used often to describe my life - the living

dead. I am so sorry for all of us.

Let's hope we can focus in on a few key pieces here that can get us

on the right track in a way that will sustain us so that we can

participate in life again.

Bessie

> > >

> > > Trly, we have a big 4 bedroom old n house....2,300

sq.

> > foot. Yes, we are still using the old stand bys, Clorox salt,

> raid

> > and iodine. Like you said, without those I would have jumped

head

> > first down the well.....and I do have an actual well that I

draw

> > water up from in a bucket. Our basement doesn't have any mold

or

> > mildew. We moved some items down there when we started to empty

> our

> > house out last year. Those pieces of furniture are still there.

> We

> > also have our washer and drier down there. So we have to go

down

> > there every day. Trly, our skin looks great.....but we feel

them

> in

> > the basement and my scalp is still itching from the damn

leaves.

> My

> > husband says he feels movement on his face but his skin looks

> clear.

> > I should not have clean my house up. I washed the floors and