RemedySpot.com

Re: Throwing furniture to the curb - Thank you Sue!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ok, you all, by saying it must go to the 'curb', was a metaphor, I always use hauling services for big stuff, paid to go the dump or land fills.

Come to think of it, as beautiful as SF is, it is so ugly even in the finer neighborhoods, that there is a nasty habit of ppl leaving their trashy furnishings so casually on THE CURB, each time I see such thing, I am disgusted and vow not to practice such.

I love/ hate this city sometimes and wish I would live on a peaceful country meadow site, a rustic cabin, all clean and critter free, Do I have to give up my beloved previous cosmopolitan life style finally. I sure would not mind to live in a desert, nevada or Arizona comes to mind, my problem is I can not work in my specialty there, I am not ready for retirement.

In any event, nor CURB for my infested stuff or any otherwise stuff.

From: trlyblest <trlyblest@...>Subject: Throwing furniture to the curb - Thank you Sue!bird mites Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 6:44 AM

Hi Ms. M!Sue is right. If you have a box cutter, really try to slash the chair so that it won't be appealing to passersby. Even then there won't be any gurantees that noone will pick it up. The same thing happened when we threw out our mattress and boxsprings.We literally tore the padding off of the tops of the mattress, rendering it useless... but someone still picked it up... since then my neighbor across the street and his wife have an "unidentified" bug eating them alive. (There's a long theory associated with this, that I won't go into as it's "none of my business"... )Thank you Sue for this important reminder. Before we throw anything out to the curb we need to make sure to destroy it so to speak so that others won't take home these bugs... If at all possible these itmes need to be hauled of and taken to the dump. Hugs!Trly> > That is EXACTLY what happen to my PB red leather chair, the chair > itself was high quality tigthly crafted, no folds, etc....it was the > last mite free piece of mine, unitl I messed with it, did exactly > what SAVE suggested and now Ms upholstery expert, truly confirmed... ..> so to the curb it goes. > > M>