RemedySpot.com

Re: Thanks for checking on us

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Trly, we have a big 4 bedroom old n house....2,300 sq. foot. Yes, we are still using the old stand bys, Clorox salt, raid and iodine. Like you said, without those I would have jumped head first down the well.....and I do have an actual well that I draw water up from in a bucket. Our basement doesn't have any mold or mildew. We moved some items down there when we started to empty our house out last year. Those pieces of furniture are still there. We also have our washer and drier down there. So we have to go down there every day. Trly, our skin looks great.....but we feel them in the basement and my scalp is still itching from the damn leaves. My husband says he feels movement on his face but his skin looks clear. I should not have clean my house up. I washed the floors and removed all the salt and Clorox. If these things get started back inside our home you will hear me screaming !!!!! I have run out of new ways to fight this and I'm so tired of thinking it's gone and then to only have it return when I least expect it. That nurse was right when she told me that everyone seems to make the same mistake. They get better and stop the treatments too soon and then they are back to square one. Thanks for asking about me.....I really feel like a worn out warrior.......It's a nightmare from hell. Rita

Re: Rita? Adam?

Ohh Rita... I am so sorry. I hate to hear that. :( But you can't say that you can't offer help to others! YOU had the key ingredients that helped us to get them out of our house! Bleach and salt. If it hadn't been for you guys I don't know what we'd have done! Your reccomendation worked for us. I thank you from the botton of my heart. Sure we now have internal issues... but they are OUTTA' my house... But these things are in your basement?? Hmmm... Do you have ANY mold anywhere? I'm sure that you've already checked everything out... but if they're outside and they are in your basement... wouldn't they have to be coming into the house somehow... other than on you? Could you not pick up a couple more dehumidifiers? How many do you have in a "what size house"? Basements are very hard to dehumidify... I can never get mine below 40%...Are you still using the bleach and/or Raid on your skin? Does that seem to help any? Something has to work for you guys! You have been battling this for forever!!! Bless your hearts!!!!!! Hugs to both of you!Trly>> Hi Trly......I haven't had much to say because we have reach a dead end .......again. If I can't get rid of the damn things I sure can't offer help to others. I along with 2 other people are ready to give up on our dehumidifiers. We just aren't seeing the same results as Jeff did. We can't get the "things" out of our basement. We won't know about our yard until next spring because we have about 4 inches of snow on the ground right now. When I got the things back on me from racking the leaves this Fall they got back in my scalp and as everyone knows that takes a long time to get them out so I'm dealing with that mess again. After all I have been through I'm ready to just give in or give up. I hate to move because it's not a move...is an abandonment of everything we have accumulated over the last 36 years of marriage. I keep saying it over and over....what are we all going to do????? Rita> >

Rita,

I'm so sorry that the mites keep on resurging in on your life. It's been so long for you and me!

I'm seriously thinking of having a house built or modifying a house as to be the most ideal one to cope with a mite infestation. For example, one with a hot tub, with a decontamination bathroom right at the entrance that has a shower stall big enough to sleep in, that has UVC light fixtures that can turned on when no occupants are in the room, etc. Fortunately I have a very good job that can support such expensive efforts.

-requireshelp

From: Rita and Mike Carlson <m.r.carlson@...>bird mites Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 8:02:16 PMSubject: Re: Thanks for checking on us

Trly, we have a big 4 bedroom old n house....2,300 sq. foot. Yes, we are still using the old stand bys, Clorox salt, raid and iodine. Like you said, without those I would have jumped head first down the well.....and I do have an actual well that I draw water up from in a bucket. Our basement doesn't have any mold or mildew. We moved some items down there when we started to empty our house out last year. Those pieces of furniture are still there. We also have our washer and drier down there. So we have to go down there every day. Trly, our skin looks great.....but we feel them in the basement and my scalp is still itching from the damn leaves. My husband says he feels movement on his face but his skin looks clear. I should not have clean my house up. I washed the floors and removed all the salt and Clorox. If these things get started back inside our home you will hear me screaming !!!!! I have run out of new

ways to fight this and I'm so tired of thinking it's gone and then to only have it return when I least expect it. That nurse was right when she told me that everyone seems to make the same mistake. They get better and stop the treatments too soon and then they are back to square one. Thanks for asking about me.....I really feel like a worn out warrior..... ..It's a nightmare from hell. Rita

Re: Rita? Adam?

Ohh Rita... I am so sorry. I hate to hear that. :( But you can't say that you can't offer help to others! YOU had the key ingredients that helped us to get them out of our house! Bleach and salt. If it hadn't been for you guys I don't know what we'd have done! Your reccomendation worked for us. I thank you from the botton of my heart. Sure we now have internal issues... but they are OUTTA' my house... But these things are in your basement?? Hmmm... Do you have ANY mold anywhere? I'm sure that you've already checked everything out... but if they're outside and they are in your basement... wouldn't they have to be coming into the house somehow... other than on you? Could you not pick up a couple more dehumidifiers? How many do you have in a "what size house"? Basements are very hard to dehumidify.. . I can never get mine below 40%...Are you still using the bleach and/or Raid on your

skin? Does that seem to help any? Something has to work for you guys! You have been battling this for forever!!! Bless your hearts!!!!!! Hugs to both of you!Trly>> Hi Trly......I haven't had much to say because we have reach a dead end .......again. If I can't get rid of the damn things I sure can't offer help to others. I along with 2 other people are ready to give up on our dehumidifiers. We just aren't seeing the same results as Jeff did. We can't get the "things" out of our basement. We won't know about our yard until next spring because we have about 4 inches of snow on the ground right now. When I got the things back on me from racking the leaves

this Fall they got back in my scalp and as everyone knows that takes a long time to get them out so I'm dealing with that mess again. After all I have been through I'm ready to just give in or give up. I hate to move because it's not a move...is an abandonment of everything we have accumulated over the last 36 years of marriage. I keep saying it over and over....what are we all going to do????? Rita> >

Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Canada Messenger

Rita,

Bless your heart... Don't you dare jump head first down a well!! We

need you Rita!! ;):)

You have helped so many people including myself.

Glad to hear that you don't have mold or mildew in your basement.

For some reason I have a bit starting in my basement that is coming

through the painted cinderblock wall... except it's a chunky

substance and " white " ... I'm just hoping and praying that this

doesn't start a 'flair up " of whatever these things are.

What a horrible feeling for you to know that you have to go down in

your basemsnt everyday to do laundry.

Keep using the Salt & Clorox in the environment... There is no way

that they can survive that. It takes drastic measures, this battle

does. If I were able, I would love to come help you.

Keep on fighting these things gal. When you get emotionally weary,

we're all here for you!

Love ya!

Trly

>

> Trly, we have a big 4 bedroom old n house....2,300 sq.

foot. Yes, we are still using the old stand bys, Clorox salt, raid

and iodine. Like you said, without those I would have jumped head

first down the well.....and I do have an actual well that I draw

water up from in a bucket. Our basement doesn't have any mold or

mildew. We moved some items down there when we started to empty our

house out last year. Those pieces of furniture are still there. We

also have our washer and drier down there. So we have to go down

there every day. Trly, our skin looks great.....but we feel them in

the basement and my scalp is still itching from the damn leaves. My

husband says he feels movement on his face but his skin looks clear.

I should not have clean my house up. I washed the floors and removed

all the salt and Clorox. If these things get started back inside our

home you will hear me screaming !!!!! I have run out of new ways to

fight this and I'm so tired of thinking it's gone and then to only

have it return when I least expect it. That nurse was right when she

told me that everyone seems to make the same mistake. They get better

and stop the treatments too soon and then they are back to square

one. Thanks for asking about me.....I really feel like a worn out

warrior.......It's a nightmare from hell. Rita

>

>

Rita,

Did you ever try the ant traps from CVS? The ones that are sugar and

borax?

It might be worth a try, down in the basement. If you don't have a CVS,

I believe that Doe has a homemade recipe.

Might be worth a try while you wait for spring.

We are still burning the menthol in our cars....I think after you do it

for awhile it gets on all surfaces and into the fabric, so it works

better the longer you use it.

Yes, we had the ant traps out for 2 years. Each room still has 4 in them. We never noticed any improvement with them. I don't know to this day what was in our house but the only time we saw a drop in numbers was when we "sprayed" wet solutions on them. I have never sprayed the basement because I thought I could wait this bug from hell out. I used the rooms down there for storage before I understood what I was dealing with. It was the biggest mistake I have made. I just didn't know what I was dealing with. Another year.....ugh. Rita

Re: Thanks for checking on us

Rita,Did you ever try the ant traps from CVS? The ones that are sugar andborax?It might be worth a try, down in the basement. If you don't have a CVS,I believe that Doe has a homemade recipe.Might be worth a try while you wait for spring.We are still burning the menthol in our cars....I think after you do itfor awhile it gets on all surfaces and into the fabric, so it works better the longer you use it.

Rita,

The CVS ant traps are not like other ant traps, and use different

ingredients.

Funny, that you mentioned the basement, we had them bad in the

basement in the beginning, I think they liked the humidity level down

there. One of the best things I did was to soak the wood and cinder

block walls of the basement with a solution of epson salt and water.

I also heard that wood soaked this way would not allow mold to grow

on it. I also put a dehumidifier down there and have not had any more

problems. Our washer and dryer are in the basement, so we are down

there a lot.

>

> Yes, we had the ant traps out for 2 years. Each room still has 4 in

them. We never noticed any improvement with them. I don't know to this

day what was in our house but the only time we saw a drop in numbers

was when we " sprayed " wet solutions on them. I have never sprayed the

basement because I thought I could wait this bug from hell out. I used

the rooms down there for storage before I understood what I was

dealing with. It was the biggest mistake I have made. I just didn't

know what I was dealing with. Another year.....ugh. Rita

>

> Re: Thanks for checking on us

>

>

> Rita,

>

> Did you ever try the ant traps from CVS? The ones that are sugar and

>

> borax?

>

> It might be worth a try, down in the basement. If you don't have a

CVS,

>

> I believe that Doe has a homemade recipe.

>

> Might be worth a try while you wait for spring.

>

> We are still burning the menthol in our cars....I think after you

do it

>

> for awhile it gets on all surfaces and into the fabric, so it works

>

> better the longer you use it.

>

How about a hot rock dry sauna?

I think you can buy kitss for $1500. Just google it.

I went in a sauna once in Oct and it had a very good, penetrating

effect on my skin. The one I was in was 90C inside (190F!). Repeat

that daily and I'm sure you'll get rid of the ones underneath your

skin.

Plus, instead of an oven to cook the bugs, you can just dump your

stuff in the sauna.

I like the UVC idea. It's like what you see at some barbers where

they keep combs/scissors or at some Korean food courts where they

sterilize metal cups.

I've tossed this idea around before but how about installing high-

heat tolerant heating ducts throughout the house where you can

connect a propane heater from the garage or somewhere to cook your

house? (I'm not sure how big your house is). If you have any

activity, you can cook heat treat your house as necessary. That's

how Zmooks got rid of hers (heat treating that is).

Also, maybe you can turn your garage into a heat chamber to heat

treat your car. Heat treating really works; you just have to

repeatedly do it until everything (and eggs) are dead while you

treat your home and body.

> >

> > Hi Trly.......I haven't had much to say because we have reach a

dead

> end .......again. If I can't get rid of the damn things I sure

can't

> offer help to others. I along with 2 other people are ready to

give

> up on our dehumidifiers. We just aren't seeing the same results as