RemedySpot.com

DP, Hinkle, and Animal Parasites and Human Disease (1918)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

She is a veterinary entomologist at UGA who regurgitated old info

about Delusory Parasitosis, sounded very methodical and knowledgeable

in her explanation of why she chose that term over DOP etc, and then

proceeds to describe what happens with and to us, and how we as

intelligent people respond to it, and label us as nuts.

And her article has a great pop illustration right up front and she

became a star. Her ridiculous perpetuation (and perpetration on us)

of this invalid set of assertions is now her sacred cow. She is what

we are up against, she is God as far as critters are concerned, and

though I wouldn't wish this crap on anyone, IF I EVER DID, it would

be her. But I don't. Not even her. Even though with one hasty assay

into a field related to but NOT HER OWN, she completely ignores the

Hippocratic oath, and sets out a treatment protocol that is unlike

that used with any other malady having physical manifestations.

My brother is an anesthetist and when he was in school for that at

Emory was one who had disdain for invisible pain. If he couldn't see

an injury, then the person must be faking it.

Then he got testicular cancer halfway through and learned firsthand

about invisible pain.

He says it was God, who wanted him to understand pain before he set

about on a career managing it.

So, I hope someone will look Hinkle in the eye and tell her

that just because SHE can't see a thing does not mean it does not

exist.

Mr. Asa Crawford Chandler (author of the 1918 book Animal Parasites

and Human Disease) could do it for us, but I doubt if he is still

around. And what I run into in my field is that those who are too

lazy to read what went before them hold it in disdain as my brother

did invisible pain, until I present it as something new, at a time

that they need it, and lo and behold their little eyes open right up.

For a few minutes. For a few pages. Then it is back to " If it

happened before I was here I don't want to know about it and it must

be outdated and useless. "

Right.

KJ

This is the entomoligist who told my friend, Marcia, that she was delusional (over the phone, without ever seeing her). Marcia's husband called her to persuade Marcia she did NOT have bird mites. If she is the authority everyone is listening to we will never be taken seriously.

Joan

DP, Hinkle, and "Animal Parasites and Human Disease" (1918)

She is a veterinary entomologist at UGA who regurgitated old info about Delusory Parasitosis, sounded very methodical and knowledgeable in her explanation of why she chose that term over DOP etc, and then proceeds to describe what happens with and to us, and how we as intelligent people respond to it, and label us as nuts.And her article has a great pop illustration right up front and she became a star. Her ridiculous perpetuation (and perpetration on us) of this invalid set of assertions is now her sacred cow. She is what we are up against, she is God as far as critters are concerned, and though I wouldn't wish this crap on anyone, IF I EVER DID, it would be her. But I don't. Not even her. Even though with one hasty assay into a field related to but NOT HER OWN, she completely ignores the Hippocratic oath, and sets out a treatment protocol that is unlike that used with any other malady having physical manifestations.My brother is an anesthetist and when he was in school for that at Emory was one who had disdain for invisible pain. If he couldn't see an injury, then the person must be faking it. Then he got testicular cancer halfway through and learned firsthand about invisible pain.He says it was God, who wanted him to understand pain before he set about on a career managing it.So, I hope someone will look Hinkle in the eye and tell her that just because SHE can't see a thing does not mean it does not exist.Mr. Asa Crawford Chandler (author of the 1918 book Animal Parasites and Human Disease) could do it for us, but I doubt if he is still around. And what I run into in my field is that those who are too lazy to read what went before them hold it in disdain as my brother did invisible pain, until I present it as something new, at a time that they need it, and lo and behold their little eyes open right up. For a few minutes. For a few pages. Then it is back to "If it happened before I was here I don't want to know about it and it must be outdated and useless."Right.KJ

It may be outdated dear friend, but useless it is NOT.

From: livingwithcritters <livingwithcritters@...>bird mites Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 12:55:55 PMSubject: DP, Hinkle, and "Animal Parasites and Human Disease" (1918)

She is a veterinary entomologist at UGA who regurgitated old info about Delusory Parasitosis, sounded very methodical and knowledgeable in her explanation of why she chose that term over DOP etc, and then proceeds to describe what happens with and to us, and how we as intelligent people respond to it, and label us as nuts.And her article has a great pop illustration right up front and she became a star. Her ridiculous perpetuation (and perpetration on us) of this invalid set of assertions is now her sacred cow. She is what we are up against, she is God as far as critters are concerned, and though I wouldn't wish this crap on anyone, IF I EVER DID, it would be her. But I don't. Not even her. Even though with one hasty assay into a field related to but NOT HER OWN, she completely ignores the Hippocratic oath, and sets out a treatment protocol that is unlike that used with any other malady having

physical manifestations.My brother is an anesthetist and when he was in school for that at Emory was one who had disdain for invisible pain. If he couldn't see an injury, then the person must be faking it. Then he got testicular cancer halfway through and learned firsthand about invisible pain.He says it was God, who wanted him to understand pain before he set about on a career managing it.So, I hope someone will look Hinkle in the eye and tell her that just because SHE can't see a thing does not mean it does not exist.Mr. Asa Crawford Chandler (author of the 1918 book Animal Parasites and Human Disease) could do it for us, but I doubt if he is still around. And what I run into in my field is that those who are too lazy to read what went before them hold it in disdain as my brother did invisible pain, until I present it as something new, at a time that they need

it, and lo and behold their little eyes open right up. For a few minutes. For a few pages. Then it is back to "If it happened before I was here I don't want to know about it and it must be outdated and useless."Right.KJ