RemedySpot.com

Re: Info to help pets

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I found this site: http://www.mybunny.org/info/mites.pdf It is dealing with mites of just about every kind that effect rabbits. Such as : Psoroptes cunicul, Trombicula autumnalis, Listrophorus gibbus. Cheyletiella (this one shows a picture of a human arm infected with this mite), D. Gallinae, Sarcoptes, Notoedres Cati. In each case the paper tells of several different types of environmental powders to use to control the mites in the environment. The powders seem to contain boric acid and the list is as follows:

Fleabusters

Vet-Kem Acalaim Plus

Sanofi

Staykil

Novartis

Indorex

Virbac

Also, this paper agrees with our good friend Jeff.....don't introduce moisture into the environment.

I hope this helps some who are still trying to help their pets. Wishing you luck, Rita

Generic Boric Acid vs Roach Prufe

Finally got some genuine Roach Prufe this afternoon. It hasn't beenlong enough for me do do a real comparison as to the effects, or lackthereof. However, I have noticed some tactile contrasts: Roach Prufeis more of a refined powder. It's pulverized quite a bit more than theboric acid I've been getting from Lowes. I can't measure itscientifically, but I've used both candidates in the same makeshiftduster(baby powder bottle). When I shake it... I feel the differencein the vibration. Also, the sound of the generic, while shaking ismore raspy. The most striking indicator of the Roach Prufe's fineness,was the hanging cloud in the area, 45 mins post-application. I triedboth powders in separate rooms; cut the lights and used a flashlightto test the air-quality. Ok, so I've established my belief that RoachPrufe is a finer powder. Here's the dark humor part- The color of RP is exactlythe same as Valium. I thought of my old friend, with whom I shared ahouse for some time.(He died from an overdose, some years back. RIP)Anyway, he was a freak, and used to pulverize Valiums to snort up hisnose, like cocaine. Very off-topic, that----but, I can't sleep, 'causeof certain little beasties. I'll let you folks know if the blue powderworks for me.joe