RemedySpot.com

Re: Maybe not bird mites but scabies? KIHUN

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/ef637.asp did u get my email? if so, and not interested just say no...wont hurt my feelings, lol. chasity> >> > I'm starting to wonder whether I have scabies. Human scabies or > > canine scabies.> > > > A friend of mine had scabies long time ago and suggested about a > > month ago that maybe I have it too but I dismissed the idea b/c I > > don't have any of the symptoms that are associated w/ scabies, at > > least the symptoms I read online. I don't have intense itching, > > huge rashes, or skin burrows. Bear with me here...> > > > So I've been getting a lot of the creepy crawlies on my face.> > If I take a shower, I do the ESP soap 5-min leave-in or masque if > I > > take a bath.> > > > Usually within one hour, I start to feel the crawlies on my face. > > Not so much on my body though. When I'm around ppl and when I > have > > the crawlies, I can't help but notice that they begin to scratch > > their face/bodies when around me, typically the ppl sitting > closest > > to me and on the sides that are facing me. For example, if > someone > > is sitting close to me and their left side is facing me, then they > > will begin to scratch their left cheek, left eye... basically left > > side of the body. One of my sisters, while very supportive of > this > > ordeal, thinks I'm being hypersensitive and over-analyzing. As > far > > as I'm concerned, I am not (I'm sure you've all had similar > > experiences) . The way ppl scratch isn't like when scratching > itchy > > dry skin. It's as if almost to pick off a particle from their > skin, > > using their thumb and index finger... or rubbing the tip of their > > nose... or rubbing the eyes, digging into the tear duct part with > an > > index finger... do you get what I'm trying to say?> > > > So today I googled, "crawling sensation on face" and ended up at a > > scabies forum. Now this site seems like it's moderated by a > company > > called "safe2use" so I'm not sure if the moderators are just > putting > > good stuff up there to increase sales. But the symptoms described > > in this post is exactly like what I have.> > > > http://scabiesboard .lightjump. com/viewtopic. php?t=9> > > > This Priscilla person describes black bugs (I had lots of black > > specks in the beginning) and white fuzzies (I have white, > > fuzzy "fiber mites" (that katiejill termed)). Does anyone have > > experiences with scabies and safe2use products. Would you > recommend > > them?> > > > As always, self diagnosis can be extremely misleading and often > > times flat out wrong. > > > > But as you guys know, I've been on the birdmites forum for almost > 3 > > months now... I think I've gotten the environment controlled to a > > point where it's livable (by only me of course!) but it's far from > > over. I can knock them down but not eradicate them altogether. > As > > I realize that we are often dealing with different types of > > critters, what may be working for one may not work for another.> > > > What I have been dealing with are:> > - I don't itch but I do get biting sensations.> > - Some bites feel like bites - they hurt but tolorable. This > > happens alot. Sometimes, twice in one min... randomly throughout > > the day.> > - Some bites are pin pricks and these hurt! They feel like > stabs. > > Fortunately this doesn't happen so often, especially now that I > > always bake my clothes at 200F before wearing them. But I still > may > > get 5-10 a day when bad, maybe 2 that I can remember per day when > > not so bad.> > - I don't get raised bumps or welts> > - If I look closely, I have tiny red dots - maybe those are where > > I'm getting bit?> > - I mentioned earlier that I get crawlies mainly on face... but > > that's after taking a shower/bath, putting on freshly baked > clothes > > and walking out of the house. Then my face crawls. If I'm at > home > > all day, I do get crawlies throughout the body. A borax/epsom > salt > > mix sprayed onto the skin usually reduces the crawling feeling.> > - When this first started, I used to see many black specks and > white > > specks.> > - Now I don't really see black specks but only white specks. > > Sometimes when I'm feeling crawly and look under black light, I > have > > white specks all over. If I spray down, lint roller, or vacuum > > myself (with a brush attachment), I feel better and the crawlies > are > > reduced.> > > > So I think I've mentioned that I got whatever it is I have from a > > used car I bought almost 6 months ago. I don't think I've > mentioned > > however that the previous owner had 2 big golden retrievers and he > > also mentioned that he and his wife rescue dogs. Infact, they've > > rescued something like 19 dogs in the past 2 years. Now it all > > seems to make sense. Perhaps I have canine scabies??? Again, I > > just didn't consider scabies b/c my symptoms don't sound like > > scabies. Do scabies cause pin-pricks? (which I get) Or are they > > more about intense, uncontrollable itching (which I don't get). > And > > I have yet to go to a doctor but since scabies is a "real" > > and "accepted" condition, whereas bird mites are not, maybe there > > will be a doctor who can help me. If I wanted to get tested for > > scabies, do I just set an appt w/ a dermitologist and tell him/her > > to take some skin scrapings? Do I tell them beforehand that I > want > > to get tested for scabies?> >>