RemedySpot.com

Re: Can Couch Be Saved? If you can't toss it....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

One last thing if he doesn't agree to get rid of it yet: have you sprayed the upholstery with Dustmite? Also, has anyone tried lemon oil on their wooden surfaces? Sticky for their little leggies! Also, repellent. Another old fashioned remedy!

If you decide to try the dustmite, you can find it here

This company also has several quality levels of mattress covers and other powder based carpet treatments I haven't bothered to try because I love the Dustmite and the prices are about the same.

I spray it because it only uses half as much. One of the 8 oz bags is enough to do my whole 2,500 sq ft home and furniture as well. It doesn't take much. A very light mist is sufficient. The water soaks down into the carpet and does its job there. When I steam clean, I don't apply the Dustmite with the steam cleaner, instead I mix the spray strength and spray on top of the newly cleaned carpet.

I always mix Nylar into the same mixture, then I have my IGR right along with the Dustmite. Between the two, they are probably the reason I don't have them crawling up the walls (except occasionally) or flying around where I can see them. My body is, or has been, the primary contaminant since I discovered the Dustmite/Nylar. I also add enzyme cleaner as a mild knockdown. It doesn't keep them off me, but if I first put my own spice mixture on, with plenty of neem, orange, and clove, I don't get too much attention from them, even though they are desperate to escape the Nylar you are spraying on them.

Only thing is, there is a lead time, so if you choose this path, act as soon as possible to start your countdown, because it will take about 8 weeks to begin to see results from the Dustmite and IGR, since they work by disrupting the life cycle of the various critters.

Hang in there, V,

KJ