Re: Re: tornadoes anybody?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Woah, that is huge, Dorthy !

Click those shoes three times, .....LOL

I am glad you are ok, keep us posted.

Hugs

M

From: trlyblest <trlyblest@...>Subject: Re: tornadoes anybody?bird mites Date: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 2:30 PM

Am glad you're ok Frito!Hugs!Trly>> Upon closer inspection, part of the roof has been lifted. We seem to have been a bit better off than some of our neighbors though. Weird, left my patio table and chairs, but slammed the bikes (8) all around and everything else around it. ???> > I don't think anyone was injured just property damage. Thank you for your well wishes!> > Frito> >

CSROFL!!! M, I have feverishly been clicking to get out of Kansas. Maybe I should try another color of shoes....hehe

Frito

From: Marguerite <gentlebaybreeze2@...>bird mites Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 8:30:25 PMSubject: Re: Re: tornadoes anybody?

Woah, that is huge, Dorthy !

Click those shoes three times, .....LOL

I am glad you are ok, keep us posted.

Hugs

M

From: trlyblest <trlyblest (DOT) com>Subject: Re: tornadoes anybody?bird mitesDate: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 2:30 PM

Am glad you're ok Frito!Hugs!Trly>> Upon closer inspection, part of the roof has been lifted. We seem to have been a bit better off than some of our neighbors though. Weird, left my patio table and chairs, but slammed the bikes (8) all around and everything else around it. ???> > I don't think anyone was injured just property damage. Thank you for your well wishes!> > Frito> >

Pragmatic? ouch. hehe...hehe

We had thunder and lighting snow!! How cool is that?!!! I like the lighting storms, there is no other like them.

You know how we were joking about the satellites picking up on the front yard? After last night those all went away......hehe Whooohooo!!!! :)

Northern Kansas is more interesting. Hills, sandstone, and lots of population. :) I still want out.

Nice to see you guys around!!!

Frito

From: savemyskin4me <savemyskin4me@...>bird mites Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 1:57:48 AMSubject: Re: tornadoes anybody?

Take it from me my friend...you can take the girl out of Kansas...but you will NEVER take the Kansas out of the girl! LOLI'm glad you are all right, makes you wish you had a root cellardon't it? When I lived on the farm, we had a concrete capped cellarwith a door so heavy it needed a counterweight on it to open it.It was a great place to spend some time if a twister was getting alittle too close for comfort.Tornados in the winter?? That is strange even for Kansas.For people who don't know, Kansas is a LOVELY place that gets cold asHell in the winter (well below zero), Hot as Hell in the Summer withTemps over 100 degrees. It also has giant bugs, grasshoppers that flyand are 3-4 inches long. Hail that can be as big as a softball andcan kill you if it hits you square on. Tornadoes of course, Icestorms, blizzards,ect. Did I also mention that the wind blows almostALL the time in Kansas?

It's a great place for wind energy, in 10years if you go to Kansas it will be big wind Turbines everywhere youlook. Lets see what else....Nasty humidity, and some of the mostspectacular lightning storms you will ever witness (if you don't getstruck by lightning that is).The land is so barren in southern Kansas that if you see a clump oftrees, that means somebody lives there and those trees were grownby the owners of the property as a wind break. They say that therewhere no trees at all in Kansas when pioneers first settled there.Kansas is a tough place to live, and it produces tough pragmaticpeople like Frito. <grin>> >> > Upon closer inspection, part of the roof has been lifted. We seem to > have been a bit better off than some of our neighbors though. Weird, > left my patio table and chairs, but slammed the bikes (8) all around > and everything else around it. ???> > > > I don't think anyone was injured just property damage. Thank you for > your well wishes!> > > > Frito> > > >>