RemedySpot.com

Re: tornadoes anybody?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

oh my gosh Frito are you ok?

lou

From: fritolay66 <fritolay66@...>bird mites Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 6:01:54 AMSubject: tornadoes anybody?

Only in kansas would it be 30 below windchill one week and a 65 balmy and tornado warnings the next. Our power is still connected but ripped off the house and trees down. Fences down. Bikes everywhere. ???? I am never up this late.

Frito

Wow. I found the neighbor's garage in our back tree line which is why all our power lines were ripped off the house with the siding it was attached to. I am thankful for the electricity, instead of the 65 balmy, its ice now. I guess some old pin oaks were up-rooted and blocking traffic and smashed a few cars. Saying it was straightwinds in excess of 80 mph. I have never seen trees bend 90 degrees and then go up in a straightwind, but whatever. The sound ripped me out of bed at 3 am.

Still doing good. Taking a break from clean up. Brrr... Not touching the garage thing. There must be ten lines tangled in that thing. Wow. In December.

From: Lou <louallen27@...>bird mites Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 9:32:21 AMSubject: Re: tornadoes anybody?

lou

From: fritolay66 <fritolay66 (DOT) com>bird mitesSent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 6:01:54 AMSubject: tornadoes anybody?

Only in kansas would it be 30 below windchill one week and a 65 balmy and tornado warnings the next. Our power is still connected but ripped off the house and trees down. Fences down. Bikes everywhere. ???? I am never up this late.

Frito

oh my gosh, you must have been freaking out. That is so bizarre.

lou

From: fritolay66 <fritolay66@...>bird mites Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 1:07:05 PMSubject: Re: tornadoes anybody?

Wow. I found the neighbor's garage in our back tree line which is why all our power lines were ripped off the house with the siding it was attached to. I am thankful for the electricity, instead of the 65 balmy, its ice now. I guess some old pin oaks were up-rooted and blocking traffic and smashed a few cars. Saying it was straightwinds in excess of 80 mph. I have never seen trees bend 90 degrees and then go up in a straightwind, but whatever. The sound ripped me out of bed at 3 am.

Still doing good. Taking a break from clean up. Brrr... Not touching the garage thing. There must be ten lines tangled in that thing. Wow. In December.

From: Lou <louallen27 (DOT) com>bird mitesSent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 9:32:21 AMSubject: Re: tornadoes anybody?

lou

From: fritolay66 <fritolay66 (DOT) com>bird mitesSent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 6:01:54 AMSubject: tornadoes anybody?

Frito

Frito, I am so glad you were not injured in that storm. I am absolutely terrified of tornados. We do have hurricanes here, but usually have plenty of time to prepare for them or vacate if necessary.

Joan

tornadoes anybody?

Frito

Upon closer inspection, part of the roof has been lifted. We seem to have been a bit better off than some of our neighbors though. Weird, left my patio table and chairs, but slammed the bikes (8) all around and everything else around it. ???

I don't think anyone was injured just property damage. Thank you for your well wishes!

Frito

From: Joan Wood <joanwood@...>bird mites Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 1:01:53 PMSubject: Re: tornadoes anybody?

Frito, I am so glad you were not injured in that storm. I am absolutely terrified of tornados. We do have hurricanes here, but usually have plenty of time to prepare for them or vacate if necessary.

Joan

tornadoes anybody?

Frito

Am glad you're ok Frito!

Hugs!

Trly

>

> Upon closer inspection, part of the roof has been lifted.  We seem to

have been a bit better off than some of our neighbors though.  Weird,

left my patio table and chairs, but slammed the bikes (8) all around

and everything else around it. ???

>

> I don't think anyone was injured just property damage.  Thank you for

your well wishes!

>

> Frito

>

>

Take it from me my friend...you can take the girl out of Kansas...

but you will NEVER take the Kansas out of the girl! LOL

I'm glad you are all right, makes you wish you had a root cellar

don't it? When I lived on the farm, we had a concrete capped cellar

with a door so heavy it needed a counterweight on it to open it.

It was a great place to spend some time if a twister was getting a

little too close for comfort.

Tornados in the winter?? That is strange even for Kansas.

For people who don't know, Kansas is a LOVELY place that gets cold as

Hell in the winter (well below zero), Hot as Hell in the Summer with

Temps over 100 degrees. It also has giant bugs, grasshoppers that fly

and are 3-4 inches long. Hail that can be as big as a softball and

can kill you if it hits you square on. Tornadoes of course, Ice

storms, blizzards,ect. Did I also mention that the wind blows almost

ALL the time in Kansas? It's a great place for wind energy, in 10

years if you go to Kansas it will be big wind Turbines everywhere you

look. Lets see what else....Nasty humidity, and some of the most

spectacular lightning storms you will ever witness (if you don't get

struck by lightning that is).

The land is so barren in southern Kansas that if you see a clump of

trees, that means somebody lives there and those trees were grown

by the owners of the property as a wind break. They say that there

where no trees at all in Kansas when pioneers first settled there.

Kansas is a tough place to live, and it produces tough pragmatic

people like Frito. <grin>

> >

> > Upon closer inspection, part of the roof has been lifted.  We seem to

> have been a bit better off than some of our neighbors though.  Weird,

> left my patio table and chairs, but slammed the bikes (8) all around

> and everything else around it. ???

> >

> > I don't think anyone was injured just property damage.  Thank you for

> your well wishes!

> >

> > Frito