RemedySpot.com

Re: Frito: Cat Med Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oooo....Its been too long, but I know where to get the info. Perhaps someone else here knows, or I can willingly retrieve it for you in the meantime. I'll go do that now. Be back in a few.

Frito

From: vbscribe <vbscribe@...>bird mites Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 10:39:49 PMSubject: Frito: Cat Med Question

Hi Frito, I'm so sorry you had to give up your beloved cats. Fact is,I've contemplated doing the same thing but if Program is the missinglink I'll start them on it as soon as possible. Do you happen to knowhow often the Revolution and Program are supposed to be administeredfor this plague? I'm currently doing once a week alternating theRev/Iver but perhaps it's less often with Program? Thanks!>> Hello V.> > I adopted out my cats when I became very ill from all this. Istruggled with the two of them and my tropical bird and my son and mybrothers and sisters, whew. At the time, I didn't have the right infoI needed to help them and help us at the same time. They were

so veryhard to treat. My cats were on Revolution and Iver. I was usingFrontline, but it didn't do the job for us. Iver didn't do the jobeither. After so much money on all of us affected and the many bunnytrails of trying to figure out what was going on and where, I had togive them away. If I had to do it all over again with the info I havenow, I would have done Program and Revolution. I know more hadsuccess with this combo for mites than any other I have heard about. That and olive oil. I have been out of the pet loop for quite sometimenow, but I had such a hard time getting info all in one place and thensleuthing out the cause, the source, and working more than> 8 hour shifts daily. I just happened on this while cleaning mydatabase..> > Boy V, I sure hear you on the prohibitive cost thing. That to

willimprove.> > Frito> > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: vbscribe <vbscribe@.. .>> bird mites> Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 1:47:57 AM> Subject: Re: Cat Meds Explained> > > Hi Frito, we have cats so this information is very much appreciated.> Our poor gattos are suffering as much as much as we are from this> plague, even with weekly applications of Ivermectin (applied> topically) alternated with Revolution. These meds help, but can only> do so much in our infested environment. I've been thinking of> substituting Frontline for the Revolution, as the latter is> prohibitively pricey. > > What treatment are you using on

your cats? > > > Recent Activity> * 3> New MembersVisit Your Group > Health> Memory Loss> Are you at risk> for Alzheimers?> Ads on > Learn more now.> Reach customers> searching for you.> > Going Green Zone> Save the planet.> Your resources to go green.> .>

http://www.medi-vet.com/Program.html

http://www.discountpetdrugs.com/revforcatun1.html

http://www.canadavet.com/index.cfm

From what I have been able to get by talking with a friend of mine is that Revolution is used biweekly. Program is used biweekly and they are rotated. One week is Rev, one week is Program. This is for mites in which demonstrate Iver resistence. I would still like to do some checking to make sure this info is correct. If you will allow me some more time, by tomorrow I could have more complete info for you.

Frito

From: fritolay66 <fritolay66@...>bird mites Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 11:23:29 PMSubject: Re: Frito: Cat Med Question

Oooo....Its been too long, but I know where to get the info. Perhaps someone else here knows, or I can willingly retrieve it for you in the meantime. I'll go do that now. Be back in a few.

Frito

From: vbscribe <vbscribe (DOT) com>bird mitesSent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 10:39:49 PMSubject: Frito: Cat Med Question

Hi Frito, I'm so sorry you had to give up your beloved cats. Fact is,I've contemplated doing the same thing but if Program is the missinglink I'll start them on it as soon as possible. Do you happen to knowhow often the Revolution and Program are supposed to be administeredfor this plague? I'm currently doing once a week alternating theRev/Iver but perhaps it's less often with Program? Thanks!>> Hello V.> > I adopted out my cats when I became very ill from all this. Istruggled with the two of them and my tropical bird and my son and mybrothers and sisters, whew. At the time, I didn't have the right infoI needed to help them and help us at the same time. They were

so veryhard to treat. My cats were on Revolution and Iver. I was usingFrontline, but it didn't do the job for us. Iver didn't do the jobeither. After so much money on all of us affected and the many bunnytrails of trying to figure out what was going on and where, I had togive them away. If I had to do it all over again with the info I havenow, I would have done Program and Revolution. I know more hadsuccess with this combo for mites than any other I have heard about. That and olive oil. I have been out of the pet loop for quite sometimenow, but I had such a hard time getting info all in one place and thensleuthing out the cause, the source, and working more than> 8 hour shifts daily. I just happened on this while cleaning mydatabase..> > Boy V, I sure hear you on the prohibitive cost thing. That to

willimprove.> > Frito> > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: vbscribe <vbscribe@.. .>> bird mites> Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 1:47:57 AM> Subject: Re: Cat Meds Explained> > > Hi Frito, we have cats so this information is very much appreciated.> Our poor gattos are suffering as much as much as we are from this> plague, even with weekly applications of Ivermectin (applied> topically) alternated with Revolution. These meds help, but can only> do so much in our infested environment. I've been thinking of> substituting Frontline for the Revolution, as the latter is> prohibitively pricey. > > What treatment are you using on

your cats? > > > Recent Activity> * 3> New MembersVisit Your Group > Health> Memory Loss> Are you at risk> for Alzheimers?> Ads on > Learn more now.> Reach customers> searching for you.> > Going Green Zone> Save the planet.> Your resources to go green.> .>

Thanks so much for researching this, Frito. The cats and I really

appreciate it. I owe you one!

I found this at another site (lost the site but here's the scoop):

" If you really think you have bird mites, then get your pet on

Revolution and Program both. They can work together well on blood

feeding mites, which bird mites are. The Program is an Insect Growth

regulator. It takes a few weeks but the mites that bite your dog won't

be able to reproduce and the population is severely reduced.

Meanwhile, the mites that bite your dog will die from the Revolution.

These things are not as good for Sarcoptic mites, which feed on flesh

and may not get any blood at all.

For that, Ivermectin seems better, if your pet has been affected for

long. Converesly, Ivermectin does not work well for blood feeding

mites. So, get your dog on both and he will help you get rid of these

things, since they like to bite him. Or her. This is one case where it

might be good to have your pet actually sleep with you. If they are

bird mites, you can put some Tanglefoot on your bedposts. It's a

garden product an oily substance in a tube that will keep them from

climbing up if they are living in your baseboards. It traps these guys

and suffocates them. Your bedposts are a good place for it, but won't

get any living in the frame of your bed. Those maybe try orange oil

like DeSolv It. Orange oils still work on mites. But think about

tenting the whole house, treating the dog with Program, and Revolution

and keeping him or her near. "

Unfornately, the author doesn't mention how often to administer...

> >

> > Hello V.

> >

> > I adopted out my cats when I became very ill from all this.  I

> struggled with the two of them and my tropical bird and my son and my

> brothers and sisters, whew.  At the time, I didn't have the right info

> I needed to help them and help us at the same time.  They were so very

> hard to treat.  My cats were on Revolution and Iver.  I was using

> Frontline, but it didn't do the job for us.  Iver didn't do the job

> either.  After so much money on all of us affected and the many bunny

> trails of trying to figure out what was going on and where, I had to

> give them away.  If I had to do it all over again with the info I have

> now, I would have done Program and Revolution.  I know more had

> success with this combo for mites than any other I have heard about. 

> That and olive oil. I have been out of the pet loop for quite sometime

> now, but I had such a hard time getting info all in one place and then

> sleuthing out the cause, the source, and working more than

> > 8 hour shifts daily.  I just happened on this while cleaning my

> database..

> >

> > Boy V, I sure hear you on the prohibitive cost thing.  That to will

> improve.

> >

> > Frito

> >

> >

> >

> > ____________ _________ _________ __

> > From: vbscribe <vbscribe@ .>

> > bird mites

> > Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 1:47:57 AM

> > Subject: Re: Cat Meds Explained

> >

> >

> > Hi Frito, we have cats so this information is very much appreciated.

> > Our poor gattos are suffering as much as much as we are from this

> > plague, even with weekly applications of Ivermectin (applied

> > topically) alternated with Revolution. These meds help, but can only

> > do so much in our infested environment. I've been thinking of

> > substituting Frontline for the Revolution, as the latter is

> > prohibitively pricey.

> >

> > What treatment are you using on your cats?

> >

> >

> > Recent Activity

> > *  3

> > New MembersVisit Your Group

> > Health

> > Memory Loss

> > Are you at risk

> > for Alzheimers?

> > Ads on

> > Learn more now.

> > Reach customers

> > searching for you.

> >

> > Going Green Zone

> > Save the planet.

> > Your resources to go green.

> > .

> >

>

Yes, Yes, Welty is the author of that post and whom I am trying to contact. I did want to add that one of them is also indicated for ear mites and sarcoptic mange. So in this instance, if you suspect flesh versus blood mites, or may think you have a combo going on, you have your avenues covered.

Also I did want to make a suggestion. I put an oxygen product similar to Opaline in their water, called cell food. They couldn't get enough of it, they loved it. I have also been hearing of late about vinegar water as well. It doesn't take a whole lot.

Nah, you owe me nothing, thanks is enough, I am here to help. I would like to see your kitties healthy too. :) I am just sorry I have been out of the pet loop and can't be of more immediate assistance. Thanks for your patience.

Frito

Frito

From: vbscribe <vbscribe@...>bird mites Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 1:04:39 PMSubject: Re: Frito: Cat Med Question

Thanks so much for researching this, Frito. The cats and I reallyappreciate it. I owe you one! I found this at another site (lost the site but here's the scoop):"If you really think you have bird mites, then get your pet onRevolution and Program both. They can work together well on bloodfeeding mites, which bird mites are. The Program is an Insect Growthregulator. It takes a few weeks but the mites that bite your dog won'tbe able to reproduce and the population is severely reduced.Meanwhile, the mites that bite your dog will die from the Revolution.These things are not as good for Sarcoptic mites, which feed on fleshand may not get any blood at all.For that, Ivermectin seems better, if your pet has been affected forlong. Converesly, Ivermectin does not work well for blood feedingmites. So, get your dog on both and he will help you get rid of thesethings, since they like to bite him. Or

her. This is one case where itmight be good to have your pet actually sleep with you. If they arebird mites, you can put some Tanglefoot on your bedposts. It's agarden product an oily substance in a tube that will keep them fromclimbing up if they are living in your baseboards. It traps these guysand suffocates them. Your bedposts are a good place for it, but won'tget any living in the frame of your bed. Those maybe try orange oillike DeSolv It. Orange oils still work on mites. But think abouttenting the whole house, treating the dog with Program, and Revolutionand keeping him or her near."Unfornately, the author doesn't mention how often to administer.. .> >> > Hello V.> > > > I adopted out my cats when I became very ill from all this. I> struggled with the two of them and my tropical bird and my son and my> brothers and sisters, whew. At the time, I didn't have the right info> I needed to help them and help us at the same time. They were so very> hard to treat. My cats were on Revolution and Iver. I was using> Frontline, but it

didn't do the job for us. Iver didn't do the job> either. After so much money on all of us affected and the many bunny> trails of trying to figure out what was going on and where, I had to> give them away. If I had to do it all over again with the info I have> now, I would have done Program and Revolution. I know more had> success with this combo for mites than any other I have heard about. > That and olive oil. I have been out of the pet loop for quite sometime> now, but I had such a hard time getting info all in one place and then> sleuthing out the cause, the source, and working more than> > 8 hour shifts daily. I just happened on this while cleaning my> database..> > > > Boy V, I sure hear you on the prohibitive cost thing. That to will> improve.> > > > Frito> >

> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > From: vbscribe <vbscribe@ .>> > bird mites> > Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 1:47:57 AM> > Subject: Re: Cat Meds Explained> > > > > > Hi Frito, we have cats so this information is very much appreciated.> > Our poor gattos are suffering as much as much as we are from this> > plague, even with weekly applications of Ivermectin (applied> > topically) alternated with Revolution. These meds help, but can only> > do so much in our infested environment. I've been thinking of> > substituting Frontline for the Revolution, as the latter is> > prohibitively pricey. > > > > What treatment are you using on your cats? > > > > > > Recent Activity> > *

3> > New MembersVisit Your Group > > Health> > Memory Loss> > Are you at risk> > for Alzheimers?> > Ads on > > Learn more now.> > Reach customers> > searching for you.> > > > Going Green Zone> > Save the planet.> > Your resources to go green.> > .> >>

----- Forwarded Message ----From: fritolay66 <fritolay66@...>bird mites Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 1:20:00 PMSubject: Re: Re: Frito: Cat Med Question

Yes, Yes, Welty is the author of that post and whom I am trying to contact. I did want to add that one of them is also indicated for ear mites and sarcoptic mange. So in this instance, if you suspect flesh versus blood mites, or may think you have a combo going on, you have your avenues covered.

Also I did want to make a suggestion. I put an oxygen product similar to Opaline in their water, called cell food. They couldn't get enough of it, they loved it. I have also been hearing of late about vinegar water as well. It doesn't take a whole lot.

Nah, you owe me nothing, thanks is enough, I am here to help. I would like to see your kitties healthy too. :) I am just sorry I have been out of the pet loop and can't be of more immediate assistance. Thanks for your patience.

Frito

Frito

From: vbscribe <vbscribe@...>bird mites Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 1:04:39 PMSubject: Re: Frito: Cat Med Question

Thanks so much for researching this, Frito. The cats and I reallyappreciate it. I owe you one! I found this at another site (lost the site but here's the scoop):"If you really think you have bird mites, then get your pet onRevolution and Program both. They can work together well on bloodfeeding mites, which bird mites are. The Program is an Insect Growthregulator. It takes a few weeks but the mites that bite your dog won'tbe able to reproduce and the population is severely reduced.Meanwhile, the mites that bite your dog will die from the Revolution.These things are not as good for Sarcoptic mites, which feed on fleshand may not get any blood at all.For that, Ivermectin seems better, if your pet has been affected forlong. Converesly, Ivermectin does not work well for blood feedingmites. So, get your dog on both and he will help you get rid of thesethings, since they like to bite him. Or

her. This is one case where itmight be good to have your pet actually sleep with you. If they arebird mites, you can put some Tanglefoot on your bedposts. It's agarden product an oily substance in a tube that will keep them fromclimbing up if they are living in your baseboards. It traps these guysand suffocates them. Your bedposts are a good place for it, but won'tget any living in the frame of your bed. Those maybe try orange oillike DeSolv It. Orange oils still work on mites. But think abouttenting the whole house, treating the dog with Program, and Revolutionand keeping him or her near."Unfornately, the author doesn't mention how often to administer.. .> >> > Hello V.> > > > I adopted out my cats when I became very ill from all this. I> struggled with the two of them and my tropical bird and my son and my> brothers and sisters, whew. At the time, I didn't have the right info> I needed to help them and help us at the same time. They were so very> hard to treat. My cats were on Revolution and Iver. I was using> Frontline, but it

didn't do the job for us. Iver didn't do the job> either. After so much money on all of us affected and the many bunny> trails of trying to figure out what was going on and where, I had to> give them away. If I had to do it all over again with the info I have> now, I would have done Program and Revolution. I know more had> success with this combo for mites than any other I have heard about. > That and olive oil. I have been out of the pet loop for quite sometime> now, but I had such a hard time getting info all in one place and then> sleuthing out the cause, the source, and working more than> > 8 hour shifts daily. I just happened on this while cleaning my> database..> > > > Boy V, I sure hear you on the prohibitive cost thing. That to will> improve.> > > > Frito> >

> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > From: vbscribe <vbscribe@ .>> > bird mites> > Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 1:47:57 AM> > Subject: Re: Cat Meds Explained> > > > > > Hi Frito, we have cats so this information is very much appreciated.> > Our poor gattos are suffering as much as much as we are from this> > plague, even with weekly applications of Ivermectin (applied> > topically) alternated with Revolution. These meds help, but can only> > do so much in our infested environment. I've been thinking of> > substituting Frontline for the Revolution, as the latter is> > prohibitively pricey. > > > > What treatment are you using on your cats? > > > > > > Recent Activity> > *

3> > New MembersVisit Your Group > > Health> > Memory Loss> > Are you at risk> > for Alzheimers?> > Ads on > > Learn more now.> > Reach customers> > searching for you.> > > > Going Green Zone> > Save the planet.> > Your resources to go green.> > .> >>