RemedySpot.com

's MotD Sat Jan 5, 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

's Daily Message SaturdayJanuary 05, 2008THINKING OF YOU

I`ve been thinking of you this morning and wondering how your exercise has been going. Here we are, five days into the new year. And have you exercised five hours so far this year? Four? Three...two, no, wait. Maybe you shouldn`t tell me. I don`t want to get myself upset!

Ya` know, maybe I should just become a brain surgeon so I can open up everyone`s brain and fix them so that they can love exercise. Well, until I finish medical school, I`ll keep drilling in all of your brains to plant those seeds of sweat!

Later this morning, I`ll go to Slimmons, my little "Sweatin' Palace." I`ll be teaching class at 11:15. Everyone will rush into the room after I open the doors and get ready to move to the rhythm of the music.

Oh how I wish you could all be there with us today! I would warm up your bodies with a really hot song. Then I`d stretch your bodies from head to toe before starting the cardio! And for 35-40 minutes, we`d move and groove. We`d do leg-lifts and kick-backs. We`d do the Monkey, the Locomotion and a series of cha-cha steps, too. I`ll take a bunch of movements and combine them to make you sweat just a little bit more. And then I`d cool down your necks, your shoulders, your torsos, your arms and all of your lower body.

After that, we`d all lift weights together. First, we`d work out with light weights for endurance then switch to heavier weights for strength. But we`d still not be done! Next would come our toning workout where we do our ab work and push-ups.

Since I started Slimmons, I`ve always ended my classes with a motivational moment. I tell everyone how proud I am of them for coming to class. I remind them that they all have done something great for their bodies, their health and for their minds. I tell them how much I enjoy seeing them dance and hearing their voices singing to the tunes I`d played in class. I end by telling them to keep up the great work by continuing to exercise every single day God gives them breath. Then we end our classes by doing some deep breathing and give ourselves a big round of applause.

Will I be giving you that motivational moment today? Will I be telling you how proud I am of you for working out? Will you be doing your leg lifts today and your cha-chas? Will you be doing your toning work, ab work and push-ups?

You`ve just got to, don`t you see? Regular exercise will help so much to lose the weight you`ve wanted to lose for so very long. You`ve just gotta find time on this Saturday to do something good for your mind, body and spirit.

Where`s your list of New Year`s resolutions? I do hope that working out more is on your list.

So what are you doing this morning at 11:15? Put on one of my workouts and it`ll be just like we`re working out together!

Love,