RemedySpot.com

Re: Day 6/100

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks for the info . Like you I take a different approach here. I always say simply "No, Thank You". I also say I don't eat "XYZ" instead of I can't. When really pressured I say that food makes me feel sick.Luv,DebbySan , CA147 pounds lost! 100% of health issues reversed!Find out about the diet that helped me:Group: curingcandida/Website: http://www.naturallythriving.comStudying nutrition for 13 years. Currently pursuing Nutritional Consultant

license.----- Original Message ----From: "ABrite@..."

"Protect Your Program" - today we discuss protecting our programs at all costs. No one (I repeat: NO ONE) will ever care as much about your "diet plan" as you do.

It is our job to protect this.

"Not just yet" - when you go to other people's houses or events and someone is pressuring you to eat say "Not just yet; I'm going to wait a little longer." Then, you can just keep repeating this throughout the event/meal. Often times, we can get through the whole time without eating and no one will notice.

Here's where I don't agree with the author - she suggests we "Don't discuss our diet" with others, telling them that talking about food causes us to want to eat.

I always subscribe to the "take what you need and leave the rest" from books, etc of this nature, so I will leave this advice behind. Maybe it's easier to come here to the blog-world, or the internet groups for "advice" and "support" because underneath it all, we really don't know each other. There's the safety net of the computer between you and I. I know I "tell you" all more about my life's ups and downs with this journey than I tell my co-workers, mother, boyfriend....

Today's homework:

Watch for chances to respond to food invitations by using the line, "Not just yet; I'm going to wait a little while." Identify at least three high-risk times or events such as family gatherings or quiet weekends. In your notebook, write down how you'll protect your diet program during each of these. Do at least one thing today that reinforces your determination to protect your program at all costs.

So far today: green!! I cleaned my bathroom and did other odds n ends for house cleaning. While this *is* physical activity and earns me APs today, it is not big on the cardio, so I *did* spend 30 minutes "jogging" on the jog-o-lean ;-)

Tomorrow's goal: Curves :-)

in WA310/258.6/170 (WW Flex) +1.4 this week (Merry Christmas)WOOOOHOOOOO - 51.4 lbs gone!!Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.-Anonymous

Thanks for sharing these , good to read for the New Year! RobABrite@... wrote: "Protect Your Program" - today we discuss protecting our programs at all costs. No one (I repeat: NO ONE) will ever care as much about your "diet plan" as you do. It is our job to protect this. "Not just yet" - when you go to other people's houses or events and someone is pressuring you to eat

say "Not just yet; I'm going to wait a little longer." Then, you can just keep repeating this throughout the event/meal. Often times, we can get through the whole time without eating and no one will notice. Here's where I don't agree with the author - she suggests we "Don't discuss our diet" with others, telling them that talking about food causes us to want to eat. I always subscribe to the "take what you need and leave the rest" from books, etc of this nature, so I will leave this advice behind. Maybe it's easier to come here to the blog-world, or the internet groups for "advice" and "support" because underneath it all, we really don't know each other. There's the safety net of the computer between you and I. I know I "tell you" all more about my life's ups and downs with this journey than I tell my co-workers, mother, boyfriend.... Today's homework: Watch for chances to

respond to food invitations by using the line, "Not just yet; I'm going to wait a little while." Identify at least three high-risk times or events such as family gatherings or quiet weekends. In your notebook, write down how you'll protect your diet program during each of these. Do at least one thing today that reinforces your determination to protect your program at all costs. So far today: green!! I cleaned my bathroom and did other odds n ends for house cleaning. While this *is* physical activity and earns me APs today, it is not big on the cardio, so I *did* spend 30 minutes "jogging" on the jog-o-lean ;-) Tomorrow's goal: Curves :-) in WA310/258.6/170 (WW Flex) +1.4 this week (Merry Christmas)WOOOOHOOOOO - 51.4 lbs gone!!Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.-Anonymous See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

> "Protect Your Program" - today we discuss protecting our programs at all > costs. No one (I repeat: NO ONE) will ever care as much about your "diet plan" as you do.

I wish there was a way to brainwash husbands, relatives, friends, etc. so they wouldn't try to sabotague our weight loss efforts. Every time I tell Ed I'm really, really serious about sticking to my food plan and avoiding all the junk, he always turns around and brings home a box of bakery goodies, or some home made treats one of the ladies in work was giving out, or candy from someone selling for their kid's soccer team.

It's hard to resist chocolate when it's 2 inches away from your nose!

No excuse, I know. OA has a pamphlet called "Before you take that first compulsive bite . . ." I need to get a new copy - mine is so worn out from carrying it around in my pocket all these years!

http://www.oa.org/literature_catalog_details.htm?SKU=150 & cart=11992883981071

> "Not just yet" - when you go to other people's houses or events and someone > is pressuring you to eat say "Not just yet; I'm going to wait a little > longer." Then, you can just keep repeating this throughout the event/meal. Often > times, we can get through the whole time without eating and no one will > notice.

I've been doing this with the aunt. When I cut the cake and serve her and Ed she always asks where's my piece, and I tell her I'm not ready yet, I'm still full from the meal. "Not just yet" never comes so she tells me to take my piece home with us. Once here, Ed always finishes it so I don't have to.

> Here's where I don't agree with the author - she suggests we "Don't discuss > our diet" with others, telling them that talking about food causes us to want > to eat.

Aside from the people on these lists, I don't *have* anyone to talk diet with! When I was on the vegan diet all those years, I never met another vegetarian in real life. I don't work outside the home or belong to any clubs, groups, or organizations so I really have very little contact with anyone. When my best friend lived a few blocks away, instead of 300 miles like she does now, I never talked about weight loss with her because she was anorexic and had been institutionalized a number of times for it.

> There's the > safety net of the computer between you and I. I know I "tell you" all more > about my life's ups and downs with this journey than I tell my co-workers, > mother, boyfriend....

That's the whole purpose of groups like this - as a safe place to share our weight loss journies. And this particular one - 100-plus - for sharing about the big losses. We have a much different journey than someone with only 20 pounds to loose. I'm grateful for the women who first started this group way back when. It's a much needed respite from groups where people complain that they're just 0.2 pounds from their long term goal of a loss of 12 pounds. Heck, many of us can lose and gain 12 pounds in a week! LOL

> * Identify at least three high-risk times or events such as family > gatherings or quiet weekends.

Not much in the way of family so no gatherings except the occasional funeral, but those quiet weekends are something to watch out for, when boredom or just a feeling of comfort leads to a quest for comfort food. That's when it gets dangerous.

Good one, !

> So far today: green!! I cleaned my bathroom and did other odds n ends for > house cleaning.

I did the laundry already, and did some shopping while the stuff was at the laundromat, but no formal exercise yet. I'll do that later today but before lunch.

Next comes taking Henry for a drive again - that gets my heart rate up into the target zone! LOL He's thinking of going bowling, so maybe I'll ask if I can tag along and do a line or 2 myself. The plans right now, though, are for him to drive there, I'll take the car home, and he'll phone me when he's finished and he'll drive back, maybe even being brave enough to try parallel parking when we get here. We'll see. Already he's changed his mind twice since he woke up.

Sue in NJ

Home is the place where we grumble the most and are loved the best

>I also say I don't eat "XYZ" instead of I can't. When really pressured I say that food makes me feel sick.

I tried telling the aunt that the particular food isn't on the list of foods the doctor allows me to have, but you know old ladies - they're quite persistent! Now I just do the "Later" trick and it's working (so far).

Sue in NJ

At My Age, I've Seen It All, Done It All, Heard It All...I Just Can't Remember It All