RemedySpot.com

's message 1/12/2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

's Daily Message SaturdayJanuary 12, 2008MY SUPPORT SYSTEM

Well, my head is still filled with memories of all the nice people I met while I was in New York City. As you know, I was there on a press tour for my Sweatin` To The Oldies videos being re-released in DVD format. My week of press in New York was just filled with excitement!

When I went to do the Today show, I met former Secretary of State, Madeleine Albright. The two of us had a nice talk. After I finished chatting with the Secretary, I went outside onto the Plaza to do a little exercising with the crowd. And when I came back to the Green Room, Lady Madeleine did one of my exercise moves for me. She was so cute and everyone in the Green Room applauded!

After that, who comes into the Green Room but Mr. Dick Cavett! Now I was interviewed by Mr. Cavett many, many years ago but had not seen him since then. What a sweet and wonderful man he is and he`s as sharp as a tack, just like he always was.

But wait a minute! Another special guest for Today had entered the Green Room! Do you remember the TV show, The Honeymooners, starring Jackie Gleason? I know you Baby Boomers, like me, do! Remember the lady who played Trixie? She played Art Carney`s wife on the show but her real name was Joyce Randolph and there she was, right there in front of me! How many times did my family watch her on the show when I was growing up in New Orleans? She`s 83 years-old now and I`ve gotta tell you, every hair was in place and her makeup was impeccable. On top of that she was dressed, not to the "9`s" but to the "10`s!" She looked fabulous!

What a fascinating day at Today! But my fun-filled week gets even more interesting. As I was walking into another stop of my press tour, who did I run into in the building`s lobby but Mr. Rupert Murdoch! Do you know who he is? He owns FOX News and so owned the skyscraper of a building I was walking into! He was dressed so nicely and gave me a great big smile as I passed him.

By the way, I took lots of pictures to share with you and you`ll be seeing them over the next few weeks.

Now, I have to tell you, on a radio show I did this week, I was asked the following question by one of the interviewers: ", you help support so many. Who supports you?"

My answer was simple: You all support me. That`s right, I'm talking about you reading this message right now.

See, when I got home from New York, I checked my E-mails and many of you had written to congratulate me on all of the press I`ve done this week. You told me that you had watched me on Today and thought I was funny and inspirational. You also saw me on some of the many other interviews I`ve done this week and told me how good I was. And when you write me these E-mails, not only do I feel good but I feel so wanted and needed.

When I`m feeling a little down, an E-mail from one of you pops up, saying something nice and helps pick me right back up! ly? I could not do what I do without the love I get from all of you.

So, THANK YOU all so much for the love, the caring and support you give me! I`ll keep giving that love and support right back to you! I promise!

Love,