RemedySpot.com

Re: 's MOTD for New Year's Eve

Rate this topic

Guest guest

>Unlike my parents, I don`t go out New Year`s Eve. Nope. No parties, no champagne, no noise makers for me.

We haven't been out since before we got married 30 years ago, and the 3 times we *did* go we were dragged against our wishes by Ed's best friend, who was always trying to impress his newest girl friend. Once *he* got engaged we were off the hook. Neither of us minded - I was usually working, sometimes working both Christmas and New Year's holidays to let the single gals go out and have fun.

>So how will you spend your New Year`s Eve? Quiet, like me?

I fell asleep watching tv about 7:30pm, then went to bed for the night at 9. So, not much different than any other year, except for the nap before bed time, thanks to the thyroid problems.

Sue in NJ

I've been telling people we were going to watch TV, watch the ball drop on Times Square and be in bed by 12:30. I was wrong.

We turned lights out at 12:08. It was the fastest retreat into New Year's slumber that I can remember (grin). Dick appeared to be doing well, except for his speech impediment after the stroke.

I bought some naughty foods (cheddar-bacon potato skins, we NEVER do those). We didn't do them last night either. Just didn't sound good.

What a concept !!

Eileen in OR

-----Original Message-----From: 100-plus [mailto:100-plus ]On Behalf Of Sue in NJSent: Tuesday, January 01, 2008 6:29 AM100-plus Subject: Re: 's MOTD for New Year's Eve

>Unlike my parents, I don`t go out New Year`s Eve. Nope. No parties, no champagne, no noise makers for me.

We haven't been out since before we got married 30 years ago, and the 3 times we *did* go we were dragged against our wishes by Ed's best friend, who was always trying to impress his newest girl friend. Once *he* got engaged we were off the hook. Neither of us minded - I was usually working, sometimes working both Christmas and New Year's holidays to let the single gals go out and have fun.

>So how will you spend your New Year`s Eve? Quiet, like me?

I fell asleep watching tv about 7:30pm, then went to bed for the night at 9. So, not much different than any other year, except for the nap before bed time, thanks to the thyroid problems.

Sue in NJ

>Dick appeared to be doing well,> except for his speech impediment after the stroke.

He had that stroke what, 3 year ago? I haven't seen him once since. I haven't been awake at midnight on *any* day of the year for decades except in emergencies, and if he's done any TV interviews I haven't seen them, although I *have* read a print interview or 2 each December.

> I bought some naughty foods (cheddar-bacon potato skins, we NEVER do those).

Hubby is a chip freak and *always* has stuff around. Henry used to be but now begs me *not* to buy any for him on grocery days, because he can (and has) go through an entiere giant size bag in one night.

There are very few chips that I would eat because I've been on low salt diets for decades, and unsalted potato chips just aren't worth the cut gums I get from eating them. Once in a blue moon I'll buy a bag of Fritos to have with a batch of chili, but that's about it. Too many of those and my mouth just feels greasy.

> We didn't do them last night either. Just didn't sound good.

Congrats, Eileen!

Sue in NJ

I don't get even, I get odder