RemedySpot.com

Re: New Year... On The Way to New Me!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Happy New Year, Not a bad year at all , here is to a great one in 2008.. RobABrite@... wrote: Former title of post: 2007 the Year in Review, a Look Ahead at 2008 Where I was/am, weight-wise: January 1, 2007.... 286.6 January 1, 2008.... 259.6 (home scale) That's a loss of 27 lbs this year!! Praise God!! Ok, ok... 33 lbs shy

of my 60 pound goal for the year, but it is still great progress. Like FLY Lady said all year: "Progress... not perfection... in 2007" LOL!! As some of you know, it is my goal to be in ONEDERLAND by the end of 2008, so I really am cracking the whip on this. Tightening the belt. Still determining how exactly I am going to accomplish this. Core/Flex? Take a breather and dust off the Curves book and with a new attitude go through their eating/food program again? "If it isn't broke, why change it? Stay with WW" comes to mind, but then again, like I have said so many times over again... maybe I know just how much "cheating" I can do and get by... treading water.... if that is the case, maybe it *is* time to shake things up. Switch the eating around. Change the working out. ;-) I logged 2,924,614 steps in 2007, for a 2.5 year total of 6,755,293

steps walked!! That is 1462 miles this year and 3377 overall!! I need a mere 3,244,707 in 2008 to reach my 10 million steps goal!! At 10,000 a day that would take me 325 days.... projected to reach this mid-November LOL!! Another milestone and hurrah for 2007 was my Bloomsday time... remember this is a 12K (so roughly 7.48 miles) here's the comparison again to '06: 2007: Finish Time: 2:17:36 Overall Place: 29,003 out of 39,382 Ran with a pace of 18:26 per mile The average pace for 39-year-olds was 14:46 2006: Finish Time: 2:32:10 Overall Place: 36,838 out of 40,806 Ran with a pace of 20:23 per mile The average pace for 38-year-olds was 14:32 Sooooooo...... for Bloomsday 2008, other than to be at the weight-range goal I have set for myself, I would like to be able to "run" part of it this year vs.

walking the whole darned thing and thus improving my time by another 15-30 minutes. This is, after all, the reason I have been doing the C25K "training" Thanks for sharing my year in review with me and sit down, hold on and get ready to FLY through 2008!! in WA310/258.6/170 (WW Flex) +1.4 this week (Merry Christmas)WOOOOHOOOOO - 51.4 lbs gone!!Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.-Anonymous See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

>Like > FLY Lady said all year: "Progress... not perfection... in 2007"

I like ' motto for this year - "Celebrate 2008"

> As some of you know, it is my goal to be in ONEDERLAND by the end of 2008,

I've got too far to go to see that this year. Hmm, then again, it's only 6.12 pounds a month, or 1.5 pounds a week. Certainly do-able for someone with a normal metabolism, but with mine being so slowed from the decades of hypothyroidism I'll be happy to do even half that. So it'll take 2 years to see Onederland for me, best case scenario. :)

Heck, I'd be happy with a 5 pound loss for the year at this point!

> Still > determining how exactly I am going to accomplish this.

> "If it isn't broke, why change it? Stay with WW" comes to mind,

In my case, it is broke and needs to be fixed. McDougall's regular plan just isn't doing it, and I already proved that I continue to gain weight on the Maximum Weight Loss version following the rules as-is. For me it might be best to get back to basics, to plain old calorie counting for a while.

No matter what food plan is followed, weight loss is still a matter of how many calories you take in versus how many calories are burned. For some of us, it takes a whole lot longer to burn off those 3500 calories that equal one pound. As I mentioned above, people with normal metabolisms can burn off 3500 to 7000 calories in one week and lose 1-2 pounds. For people with hypothyroidism that isn't quite under control yet, it may take a month to burn off the same amount of calories. For us, it's important to find the correct amount to take in without sacrificing our health by taking in too little. Not only would the wrong amount lead to malnourishment, like I warned a about (the right amount of vitamins, minerals, etc.) but for any one of any size, eating too little food tends to slow the metabolism down even more. We need to eat more, to keep stoking that fire so it doesn't burn out.

In your case, WW has been doing you good and you know all the in's and out's of it and know how to avoid the pitfalls. Why not stick with the Points until you get back on track, then switch over to Core when you know you're comfortable eating the smaller amount of foods again? Of course you can always eat the same whole grains, fruits and veggies that are the basis of the Core program while doing Flex, because they're the healthiest foods out there and have less Points value that the junk foods. Have your pizza, but use a whole grain crust and top it with loads of zero point veggies. Stuff like that.

For me, I dusted off the Foodmover once again and slipped my 2000 calorie card in. No Blast Off week for me - it just sets my brain (and blood sugar) into panic mode. I have to find where I buried the exchange book that I bought now so I know how much tuna to measure out for my sandwich for lunch, and how much lettuce is allowed in the Freebie salads.

> that is the case, maybe it *is* time to shake things up. Switch the eating > around. Change the working out. ;-)

I'm trying to get a handle on those Sweatin' to the Oldies videos again. After doing Sansone for so long I forgot a lot of the routines. I used to have them so memorized that when I heard one of the songs play on the radio I would go through the exercise steps in my head, even if the song is rattling in this hollow head of mine in the middle of the night. Last night it was "Windy" from Sweatin' 2. ". . . and Windy has wings to fly above the 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-other side 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 go!"

>That is 1462 miles this year and 3377 overall!!

Fantastic! I wish I had money and could afford a pedometer that worked. It's not just me - Henry wore my "good" one one day to school and it barely registered a quarter mile, and he does more than that just going from here to the first of 3 trains he takes.

> Thanks for sharing my year in review with me and sit down, hold on and get > ready to FLY through 2008!!

I have Flylady's weight loss book Body Clutter in the pile to be read "sooner than later" and will probably grab it next, after I finish Bones to Ashes from the library. I did read it once all the way through quickly at a bookstore earlier this year, but retain very little from that read through, just enough to know that I shouldn't do something I hate and to do things I like (like the treadmill) only long enough until I start to hate it, like limiting the daily time to 15 - 30 minutes so I stop before the pain in my hip gets unbearable, so next time I would rather skip the exercise all together than put myself in pain again. Much better advice than "feel the burn" and "no pain, no gain."

Sue in NJ

If at first you don't succeed redefine success