RemedySpot.com

's Message 1/2/2008 - 5 Pound Challenge

Rate this topic

Guest guest

's Daily Message WednesdayJanuary 02, 2008TAKE FIVE

When I first began trying to lose weight, I wanted to lose it fast, fast...fast!

In my old days, I`d get on the scale once or twice a day, always hoping to see those numbers move for me...down, that is! And as you know, I did some really stupid things to try and lose weight fast in the past.

Let`s see, I did the diet pills thing. I did the laxatives thing. I was bulimic at one time and even tried starving myself to lose weight. And when I tried these dumb methods, the weight did come off pretty fast, indeed.

Some weeks, I would lose up to nine or ten pounds. And oh how I would rejoice when I saw those numbers begin to drop. I felt so successful, I felt like I was truly finally winning the weight-loss battle! But actually, I was a big loser because once I stopped one of those crazy weight-loss methods, the weight would just come right back on...and in a hurry! I`d gain it all back just as quickly as I had lost it.

I don`t believe in losing weight fast anymore. See, when you lose weight fast, you lose water weight, muscle mass and some important salts and minerals your body actually needs. And that`s not good! When you work to lose weight, you need to lose fat...period.

Last year, I challenged all of you to lose five pounds per month. That`s slightly more than one pound a week and it`s a pretty realistic goal. When I gave everyone that challenge, they told me that it was a challenge they could all meet.

But, as the months passed, a lot of you did not keep your end of deal, the challenge to lose those five pounds every month. Just think, if you`d lost five-pounds-a-month every month last year, you would have lost 60 pounds in 2007!

So let me ask, did you lose 60 or more pounds last year? If you did, then congratulations are definitely in order for you. But if you didn`t make the 2007 challenge, you have a brand new year to take on my challenge all over again!

In 2008, I want you to try with all of your might to lose five pounds a month....every month. And if you take my challenge this year and meet it, you will lose 60 pounds or more before 2009 rolls around.

And you know that you can do it, too! You have all of the tools you need to help you meet my challenge in 2008. You have my FoodMover to help you with your portions. You also have lots of my workouts on video and DVDs. And, of course, you also always have me! I will write you 366 messages this year to help you stay on program and meet your monthly challenge.

Soon, we`re going to chat about cleaning. What kind of cleaning? Dry cleaning? Well, no. We`re going to talk about cleaning out your house of all the foods you don`t need so you can better meet the challenge and stick with the program, all the way through 2008!

So, are you ready for this year`s challenge? Get ready to take five...(pounds off, that is), every month this year!

Love,