RemedySpot.com

's MotD Monday Jan 21, 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

's Daily Message MondayJanuary 21, 2008THE SOLUTION IS PEACE

Yesterday, I came back from another emotional afternoon on my radio show. Lately on the show, I`ve spoken to a few ladies who`ve had very sad stories to share with me. See, they were each married to abusive husbands. And I have to say, the stories they shared with me were pretty shocking.

Their husbands would go to work all day, come home, start drinking and, before long, would become very abusive to their wives. These ladies told me how their husbands would beat them with belts, throw chairs at them and one of them was even pushed down a flight of stairs once!

Every bit as scary is that their children would often witness this abuse which would, of course, cause them a great deal of fear. Imagine how they must have felt, seeing their fathers treating their mothers this way!

These ladies have even had to go to the hospital sometimes, to get stitches or to have a broken arm placed in a cast. Their own fears even kept them from reporting to the police what had happened.

As unbelievable as their stories were, you had no doubt they were all telling the truth. You could hear it in their voices. You could also hear the fear and trembling in their voices as they spoke. And, yes, each of these ladies were also dealing with weight problems.

They told me they weighed 200 or 300 pounds. And, to be honest, I`m surprised they didn`t weigh even more, considering all they were going through. I asked each of them what kept them staying "together" with their husbands. And they all told me the same thing...fear! And we all know, not much good comes out of being afraid all of the time.

I told each of them that they would have to find peace in their lives before they would ever be able to lose weight and get healthy. Peace, for each of them, was definitely the solution to the fear they were living with.

Today, we are honoring the life of a man who was peace, personified. His name was Dr. Luther King, Jr. Dr. King witnessed all of the injustice around him along with the violence it often created. His solution to all of this hatred was peace.

Did you ever see a video-clip of Dr. King speaking? I`m sure you have. His words, though often emotional, were also words of peace and coming together. You could even see the peace and love in his eyes as he spoke.

Dr. King told everyone that he had a dream. And his dream was to bring peace and justice to this country. He wanted to see the turmoil that came with hatred come to an end. And because he worked so hard on fulfilling his dream, Dr. King helped spread the message of peace to his country. He even won a Nobel Prize for his efforts at spreading peace.

But oh so very sadly, because of those very same efforts, Dr. King`s life was taken from him at the very tender age of 39. At almost 60 years-old myself, I now realize how very young he was.

But still, Dr. King`s words echo not only in our country but around the world. I do so truly agree with his efforts and you should, too.

There are so many wars out there in our world. And, like in the cases of the ladies I talked about earlier, some of those wars take place in our own back yards, literally! I`m talking about the war, (and that`s what it is), that causes one spouse to be abusive to the other.

Please, this year, try to find peace in your marriage or you will never be peaceful in your life.

You should have a dream, too.

Love,