RemedySpot.com

Days 8-11

Rate this topic

Guest guest

..... from "100 Days of Weight Loss" by Spangle

Day 8 is talking about how we can ask for help

What kind of help do you need? I know what I don't need: food police

Even when I am struggling, I don't need/want someone to look at my food journal and say "this ______ is why you haven't lost/gained this week/month"...... for me, it's about observation and correction, sure, but not having it beat into my head.

Today's assignment:

In your journal, write a list of things that people are always welcome to say or do in regard to your weight-loss efforts. Examples might include: offer you compliments, protect you from dessert, or clear the table after meals

Create another list of things that you don't ever want people to do, such as: snatch your plate away, give you lectures, or admonish, "you're not supposed to be eating that."

Read both lists to your support people including your spouse, children and friends.

Day 9 - "Here's What I Want" -

Take this quiz and share with your support people, hang on the frige, etc:

If you see me eating something that is not on my diet plan:

When I'm making progress such as losing weight:

When I'm struggling or gaining weight:

When I'm making progress you can't see (such as improving self-esteem):

When I've maintained my weight (even though I still may want to lose more - aka plateau):

The answers the author gave range from do/say nothing to compliment me on my efforts to asking me if I am struggling and what you can do to help me, giving non-food gifts/rewards.

Day 10 - Appreciate good support - learn to receive compliments - when we react to compliments in a negative way, it makes people think their support doesn't mean anything to you.

Today:

Ask a friend or family member to compliment you on anything from your weight loss to your hair or your clothes.

Come up with a response that affirms the person who gave you the compliment. For example, you may say "you really made my day by telling me that! Thank you!"

Record your favorite responses in your notebook.

You've come this far in your 100 days!

Don't stop now. If you're struggling to stick with

it, push yourself to finish one more day. You'll

immediately be another day closer to achieving

your weight-loss goals.

Day 11 - Two purposes of food

To fuel your body

To appreciate flavors

Make fuel a priority

Eat more often (more often, less amount)

Today's assignment:

Each time you eat something, write down the time that you ate it. Include all meals and snacks. At the end of the day, count up how many times you took in fuel.

Plan ways to space your fuel stops between three to four hours apart.

Notice whether having regular fuel stops during the day improves your energy and focus.

I know for me this is true: when I am starting to feel sluggish, etc I take a quick reading on the tum-o-meter and realize I haven't had my meal/snack yet.

Here's my run down on going through this 12/26/07-1/5/08 (Days 1-11)

Green= 6

Yellow = 5

Friday, Saturday in Spokane, WA: mid-40s

Remember I took the car through the car wash?!?!

Today: woke up to 4-6" of new snow!! Go figure!! Worst part: it's powder on top of ice!! Since it was so mild and melting yesterday, followed by a deep freeze, then snow on top. Just lovely!!

Have a great rest of your weekend today!! And a great new week!!

in WA310/260.4/170 (WW Flex) +1.8 this week (Happy New Year)WOOOOHOOOOO - 49.6 lbs gone!!Bloomsday 2008 (5/4/08) Goal: 225.4 (amount to goal 35 lbs = ave/wk 2.0 lbs)2008 Goal: 198.6 or 60 lbs lost (amount to goal 61.8 = ave/week 1.2 lbs)Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.-AnonymousStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.