RemedySpot.com

's Message Tuesday Jan 15, 2007

Rate this topic

Guest guest

's Daily Message TuesdayJanuary 15, 2008MISTAKES IN 2008

Well, we`re fifteen days into the new year. Yep, fifteen whole days. That`s fifteen sunrises and fifteen sunsets.

Now I know the new year is still early but the other day, I asked my Project Me Class at Slimmons to make a list for me of all the mistakes they thought they`d made so far in 2008.

Usually, I give everyone 3-4 minutes to complete one of these little writing projects. But for this project, it took them an average of seven minutes! You should have seen them all so busy writing, the room was so quiet!

I have to tell you though, many of their lists brought a little sadness to my heart. That`s because there were quite a few mistakes they were brave enough to admit. After reading some of them myself, I read some of their comments, (without their names, of course), to the rest of the class. Here are some of the things they had to say:

I promised myself that I would exercise every day for an hour in this new year but so far, I`ve only worked out four times in 2008.

I promised myself that I was going to look for a new job and, I`m sorry to admit, I have not taken the first steps toward doing that.

I lost my temper with my husband and blamed him for something that I later found out he had not done.

I promised myself that I would go to the grocery store with a shopping list in hand, to make sure I bought the right foods. But I still have not made that list for when I go grocery shopping.

I was going to weigh in on January 1st but I still don`t have the guts to get on the scale.

I promised myself I`d bring my own lunch to work every day but, instead, I`ve been ordering not-so-healthy lunches from the coffee shop around the corner.

I was all motivated to lose weight this year and so far I have not lost even an ounce.

And their mistakes went on and on. Now, if you had to make a list of the mistakes you`ve made so far this year, how would your list read? See, what most people are doing is bringing their baggage and unhappiness from 2007 right on in to 2008.

In 2007, a lot of people didn`t exercise enough. A lot of people didn`t change their eating habits. And a lot of people still don`t like themselves, just like they disliked themselves last year. And that`s no good!

Now I don`t have to look into a crystal ball to see your future. There`s no need, really. Because I can tell you right now that is you`re hauling the same negative baggage you carried in 2007 into 2008, it`s not going to be a really "Happy New Year" for you! Keep on hauling all of that negativity and you'll be in worse shape by the end of 2008. Worse shape in `08...is that what you want?

How many days this year have you worked out? How many times this year have you said no to temptation? Please, please, please...if you`re one of those negative "baggage handlers," get your compass out and change directions!

Did you write your new year`s resolutions down yet? If the answer is yes, then go take another look at them and really go to work making those resolutions a reality. And if you haven`t written them down yet, it`s still not too late. Make your list today!

Don`t waste another minute or another day of this new year!

No more mistakes in `08!

Love,