RemedySpot.com

's Message for Monday Jan 14, 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

's Daily Message MondayJanuary 14, 2008GULLIBLE

Every time a new year rolls around, the radio and TV airwaves and all of the big magazines are filled with commercials and advertisements touting some new weight-loss program.

First, there`s the new group of diets that come out each year. And, I`m sure you know...there`s a lot of them! They all say the same thing...Lose weight quick, fast and easy! See yourself shrink in your mirror. Take this pill! Spoon this powder into a glass of water. Try this special new doctor-approved diet! You`ll be at your weight-loss goal in no time!

At the end of one of their crazy sales-pitches, these companies usually switch to the before-and-after photos of "satisfied customers." (Oh, boy!) Then comes the little hook that`s supposed to really make you rush to your telephones to place your order...

If you call within the next 30 minutes, you`ll receive a special bonus! We`ll send you...free, our special CD to play while you`re sleeping. It`ll reenergize your mind and teach you to not be so compulsive and tempted to eat the way you used to. So call now to receive your special bonus!

When I see these commercials, I just have to laugh. I just about fell out of my chair one time from laughing so hard. These commercials, with their phony claims, have been going on for years. But it really is no laughing matter when you consider how many people fall for them! They honestly believe the claims in these commercials!

After the diet claims come the exercise commercials. There`s one machine for your buns. There`s one for your thighs. I even saw one while I was in New York that claimed all you had to do was sit in this little chair, rotate from side-to-side and just watch the pounds come off! I`m not kidding. (Did you see that one, too?) I even tried their little formula in my office chair and got a serious dose of vertigo. I nearly threw up!

I have to laugh again. I mean, some of these machines are like, six feet long! Where are you going to put them in your house? Of course, with the machines, too, they show all of the so-called before-and-after photos. (I always wonder how much they`ve been retouched!) I`m sorry, my friends but I don`t fall for any of this stuff and you shouldn`t fall for it either!

In my own infomercials, I`ve always featured a balanced food program. And the success stories were always of real people who`ve had very real success! It distresses me that so many millions of people, though, still fall for the snake-oil claims and quirky promises made by greedy telemarketers.

And why do so many millions of people dial those toll-free numbers within 30 minutes? Well, it`s because they`re desperate. And they don`t want to lose weight the right way. They`re looking for the quick and easy solution. But trust me, when it comes to losing weight, there is no such thing! When you grow desperate to lose the weight, you also become very gullible and more likely to fall for all of the nonsense that`s out there.

So, this year, are you going to take your hard-earned money and spend it on delusions? I sincerely hope not. C`mon everybody, you know what to do! Let your body become the calorie-burning machine it needs to be to help you lose this weight! Let your FoodMover help you learn to become accountable with your portions. And let the love you have for your body shine through as it leads you to the new you. Just don`t be gullible!

Today is Monday. Make the best of it!

Love,