RemedySpot.com

's Message Saturday 1/19/2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

's Daily Message SaturdayJanuary 19, 2008SPOT REDUCING

I get E-mails everyday from people who hate one or more of their body parts. They`re just not having what you might call a "love affair" with that some very specific body part, or parts. They tell me things like...

, I hate my buns...I hate my belly...You should see my thighs, how big they are! Please, , tell me how I can reduce just that one part of my body I simply can`t stand to look at!

Whoa! Now, I'm sure you`ve all heard of the term spot reducing, right? Well, guess what? There really is no such thing.

Oh sure, there are these spas you can go to that make all kinds of promises about reducing one specific area of your body. They wrap you in seaweed, mud or honey, honey. Afterwards, they toss you into one of the spa`s steam rooms so you can "cook" a little.

They wrap extra seaweed, mud and honey on the area of you body you really want to reduce. Then they`re very careful and exact in taking your measurements before they wrap you up and after they put you into the oven. Uhhh, I mean steam room! And, once you come out, well...lo and behold, just look at you! They eagerly exclaim:

Oh, Mrs. ! With just that one treatment, we were able to take a whole inch off your thighs!

Great news, huh? But...what the lady at the spa failed to tell Mrs. is that all she has to do is drink one little glass of water and that inch of fat would be right back on her thighs! Wow, all that for $125.00!

Of course, there have always been those little plastic machines featured on infomercials that are supposed to help you reduce the size of certain areas of your body. And like I said at the beginning of my message, it`s just more false promises because there really is no such thing as "spot" reducing.

You must do three kinds of exercise in order to lose weight and reduce the size of all areas of your body. And at the same time, you must tone those areas to keep them in shape. You need exercises that will burn calories and the three types of exercise I`m about to give you will help you do just that.

1)You need to s-t-r-e-t-c-h! That's right, you need to really elongate those muscles before you begin your workout.

2)You need to get in the cardio part of your workout. That means putting in a new Sweatin` To The Oldies B>DVDs or taking a good aerobics class at your gym.

3)Lift! As in lift those weights, I mean. Lifting weights will help get and keep the muscles in your body, including those problem areas, tight and toned!

I want you all to remember something. And that is there are all kinds of body shapes. But the three most common are apple-shaped, pear-shaped and inverted pear-shaped. You`re either well-rounded like an apple, bottom heavy like a pear or top heavy, like an inverted pear.

So you`ve got to really work with whichever body shape God has given you. You may lose some weight in those areas that bother you but maybe not as much as you`d like. But please, don`t sweat it! Don`t keep focusing on the areas of your body you don`t like. Focus on those areas of your body that you do like!

Do the three types of exercises I talked about and I think you`ll end up very happy with the results you see.

In Shakespeare`s Macbeth, Lady Macbeth proclaims, "Out, damned spot!" Just remember, it ain`t that easy!

Love,