RemedySpot.com

's MOTD Sunday Jan 20, 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

's Daily Message SundayJanuary 20, 2008WHY SO LATE?

When I woke up this morning, I trotted down to the office to read some E-mails because I`m still not quite caught up from when I was away in New York City over a week ago.

I spent about an hour reading and, I have to tell you, there must have been at least twenty E-mails from people writing about a very obese friend or family member. Their E-mails asked if I would call their 500-pound mother or their 350-pound sister or cousin. Or they wrote pleading for help for an aunt, an uncle or a dear friend. They`d tell me in great detail about the person who was suffering and in need of help.

Some of their E-mails would go on for pages. They`d tell me about that loved ones medical or emotional problems, all made worse because of their weight. And at the end of each E-mail, they`d ask me to help.

But this morning, I had to ask myself...Why are all of these people so late in contacting me about the people they love?

I mean, here these obese people are, many of them, just about at death`s door. And not only that but many of them have been there for a while!

There was one E-mail from a lady who is divorced and raising her three children by herself. One of her children is 16 years-old and weighs nearly 300 pounds. Why didn`t that mother write me when her son was only 25 pounds overweight? Why did she wait so long? Today, he weighs about twice what he should weigh.

A man wrote me about his sister. He was worried about her because she now pretty much stays at home all of the time. She`s 5 feet tall and weighs over 250 pounds. Why didn`t he get in touch with me earlier before her weight-gain "game" became so serious? If he were really so worried about her, why didn`t he help her earlier? Oh, I'm sure he tried to help, in his own way but, apparently, it was not enough. (I think you can hear the frustration in my message this morning.)

If you have a family member or loved one who is gaining weight, don`t wait until they gain 100 pounds before you say something to them. How can you just sit there and watch them gain more weight and grow more miserable?

You know, there`s a song called That`s What Friends Are For. Well, be a friend, be friendly and help these people out. Because if someone doesn`t help them, sadly, many of them will die much too early!

I don`t care if it requires an intervention between them, you and the whole family, do it! If you have to call a doctor for help, do it! Whatever you have to do to help save your loved one`s life...do it!

Of course, it also comes down to that person in need of help being responsible, too. You know that, don`t you? But still, if you don`t want them giving up, that means you can`t give up on them, either. Because, by not giving up on them, you may just help save their lives.

Is there someone`s life you can help save today?

Love,

http://richardsimmons.com/messageoftheday.php