RemedySpot.com

's Message for Friday Jan 18, 2007

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://richardsimmons.com/messageoftheday.php

's Daily Message FridayJanuary 18, 2008THE BEST FOODS POSSIBLE!

Yep, just like the title above suggests, those are the foods you should be eating. I`m talking the best choices from all of the major food groups. To help illustrate the point of this message, let me tell you a little story...

There`s a girl in my class who I simply adore. She's been coming to Slimmons for quite a few years. She reminds me of a little firecracker because her personality just sparkles! She`s always had some pounds to lose and I`ve tried to help her but, sometimes, she would just close up like a little clam.

But by the end of last year, I began noticing something about her. She was losing weight! I couldn`t believe how small her waist was getting. I went up to her one evening, told her how good she was looking and asked how much weight she`d lost. She told me she had lost a little over 40 pounds! Wow!

I just had to ask what had turned the corner for her with her weight. Her answer was this:

, I stopped eating processed foods altogether. I had been eating these kinds of food for a long time because they were so convenient. And one day I just decided that I had to eliminate the processed foods and make better and wiser food choices when I went to the supermarket.

Enough said! Now let me ask, are you a big processed food eater? Is your time so locked up that you only have time to do the drive-thru thing at one of those quickie restaurants? Yeah? Well, that may be the root of your weight problem, too. If you`d only do what my friend from the club did, you`d start dropping pounds, too! So what are the better food choices you should be making? Well, let me tell you!

Let`s begin with fruits. There are so many kinds of fruits out there and you need to have servings from this healthy food group, each and every day. Strawberries, blueberries, apples, pears or a scrumptious fruit salad for breakfast or lunch. Mmmm, good...and good for you!

Next comes vegetables. I know, I know, some of you don`t like things from the veggie group all that much. But the choices in this group are almost endless and you should give them a try. I really believe you`ll find one you like. Stop snubbing the veggie group. Hey, they don`t snub you and they`re so-o-o good to your body!

Salads, salads, salads and lots of stir-fry dishes. They make such an excellent accompaniment to your dinners. Cut `em up, slice `em up, toss `em up and saute `em up! Those salads and stir-fry dishes will also love your body right back, too!

Let`s not forget dairy. You`ve got to keep those bones of yours strong. And foods from the dairy group are an excellent way to keep them strong, with all of that calcium. A selection of nonfat and low-fat dairy products should always be in your fridge. Milk, yogurt, cottage cheese and cheeses that don`t contain a whole lot of calories should be a staple on your grocery list.

No, I`m not calling anyone names. I`m talking about the fats group of foods. Did you know? Your body actually needs foods from the fat group. You`ve just got to make sure they are healthy fats like olive oil, avocados and nuts. Just remember this important word when eating from the fat group...moderation. You have got to watch those portion sizes!

Next comes our proteins. Nice and lean, if you please! Steamed salmon, turkey burgers, roasted chicken and once in a while, a little beef, just not too much.

And here it comes, the food group everyone seems to shy away from these days...starches. Or as they are called by a lot of people now, carbs, short for carbohydrates. There`s no need to fear them! You need brown rice, whole-grain pastas, breads and crackers. You can even have a healthy white potato every now and then. But yams are a better choice to get those healthy carbs in.

Last week in our store, we sold thousands of the FoodMover. Did you get one for yourself? The instruction booklet that comes with it has all of the best choices listed for you right there so you can make the right choices and eat healthier.

Eat the best and, like my friend from class, you`ll lose weight, too as you look and feel your best! Plan your food choices carefully this weekend!

Love,