RemedySpot.com

Thoughts and Ramblings On A Sunday Afternoon ...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Just got back from WalMart trip #2 for the weekend. We were supposed to meet my brother and his livin girlfriend for lunch but thank goodness he cancelled. It was to be a fish restaurant that only sells fried fish and shrimp, no sauteed or boiled or anything healthy. So we went back to WalMart instead and finished shopping from yesterday. I cleaned out my car also, swept and vaccuumed it, and dumped all the trash out, freshened the interior. I don't think I've stopped moving at all today, not for a long period of time anyway. But that's good. I did weigh and I'm up what appears to be 3 pounds, but I'm not concerned. Though I have overeaten, I've also consumed salty snacks, so I need to up my water intake. I don't know what it is

about the end of the week but the closer to the weekend the more rebellious I get with my workouts and snacking. By Friday it's easy for me to talk myself out of going to the gym and indulging in take out food. Thursday I usually go, but I have to literally drag myself in. Then Saturday and Sunday other than the walks around Wallyworld I do nothing. I can't blame the weather, I adore the cold, so it's nice to me outside, though it's way warmer today (64) than the last two days. But I'll work on it. I realize I have a problem, and I'll find a solution around it, I always do. One thing is I can't get discouraged and fall back totally into my old habits. Today I didn't buy ANY snacks even though Mother bought herself some. Usually when she picks something up I pick ME up something too. I didn't allow myself to do that. My mind keeps fast forwarding to February and the start of NASCAR again and spring

and my hopes of putting in flower beds next year and just all kinds of wonderous things. I'm trying to stay positive and focused on that. Monday is going to be a really really bad day at work and I know I'm going to be sad and hurting, but it's also my night with so I'll be alright come Tuesday and ready to get back into the groove. I keep looking at that darn catalog and thinking 'ok if I want this I need to get to a 12, if I want that I need to get to a 10' ... ok if I'm going to be a 10 I need to really buckle down and get going. No more slacking off. I am moving forward, and to quote Val Kilmer in the movie Real Genious, "Sometimes these little setbacks are just what we need to move forward ..." and I am.

Have a great weekend everyone!

*~*~*~*

"You can deprive the body, but the soul needs chocolate" -Sapphyre

*~*~*~*

"Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine".-Buddha

*~*~*~*

"Giving Up Is NOT An Option." - Sapphyre

*~*~*~*

"Whoever Said 'Nothing Tastes As Good As Thin Feels' Obviously Never Had A Jalapeno Double Cheeseburger ..." - Sapphyre

*~*~*~*

"Don't Dig Your Grave With Your Own Knife and Fork." - English Proverb

*~*~*~*

"Don't borrow someone else's spectacles to view yourself with."--Simon Travaglia