RemedySpot.com

's motd Dec 30, 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

IT WAS A GRAND YEAR!

Tuesday, 30 December 2008

Before I sit down and write my New Years resolutions tomorrow, I always think about the year I've just lived and how it went for me. Ahhh, 2008. That was the year that was! And it was a very good year for me.

I was very busy in 2008 and you know how I like to be busy! I got to teach at Slimmons and all over the country this year. I got to call thousands of people and make them smile. I got to do a commercial for Yoplait Yogurt and if you'll recall, I got to do that great Super Bowl commercial for Bridgestone Tires back in January.I was happy that I could write 365 messages to all of you in 2008. And of course, I got to do my 2008 Cruise To Lose with so many of you. And I've been keeping in touch with lots of the wonderful people who sailed with us this year.

I'm so-o-o happy that I got to spend another blessed year with my dogs, Hattie and Dolly. And no, I did not go see Marley and Me at the movies because I know I would have just had a crying fit, right there in the theater!

And oh, here's some really good news: I weighed the same the entire year as I did on January 1, 2008! Oh sure, I went up three pounds here and down three pounds there. (You all know what that's like.) But the good news is, like I said, I stayed basically the same weight all year long.Now that I've told you about my year, let me ask...how was your year? Were you busy? Did you take good care of yourself? Did you get to do a little traveling. Did you meet some nice people in 2008? Please take some time today to really think about how your year was. I know, there are some people who're going to sit and think only about all of the unpleasant things that happened to them in 2008. What a sad thing to do. I mean, everyone had some hardships or sadness this year. It just sort of comes with the territory, of life. But I'm asking you not to think about those things today. I want you to think about your achievements in 2008 because you can only make positive New Year's resolutions when you're in a positive mood. Listen, it takes hope to sit down and write out those resolutions. And we all need our doses of hope each and every day.

I also like to think about the things that made me laugh in 2008. And boy, I did have some great laughs this year! And how about you? Can you sit back for a minute and think about some of the things you really laughed at in 2008 that can still give you a good chuckle today? Go ahead and...LOL!Now, we've got some work to do. I need you all to come back here tomorrow so we can make our New Years resolutions together. Is that a deal?Love,