RemedySpot.com

's motd Sat. Dec 27, 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

YOUR CHRISTMAS WEEKEND

Saturday, 27 December 2008

Most people don't celebrate Christmas just on Christmas Day alone. For many of them, the holidays extend all the way through this weekend. There are still Christmas parties happening everywhere. And a lot of people haven't even been able to get home yet because of all the bad weather we've been having across the country.

There may still be people you want to take out to dinner for the holidays. You may still have a holiday party to attend. So, even though Christmas Day itself is over, you may still be facing more food all weekend long and you know it.Also this weekend, lots of people will be heading back to Target, Wal-Mart and lots of shopping malls to exchange presents they didn't quite like. Or they're hunting for one of those big After-Christmas sales bargains many of the stores will be offering up.So you may very well still be hustling and bustling...even though Christmas Day is over. And you know what? I get a little worried that in this last minute after-Christmas dashing that many of you will forget that you have to make time for yourselves, just like always.

I received an E-mail from someone who read my message yesterday. And she just couldn't believe that I actually weighed myself on the day after Christmas. But I'm telling you, if you don't get on the scale and keep track of the numbers, there's a chance you could get careless and gain weight before Monday. Whenever I suspect that I may have gained weight, I stand on the scale to make sure. And God forbid, if I discover that I have, well, something happens in my mind. Seeing that weight-gain makes me immediately snapback, straighten up and get right back on program!It's one thing to think you've gained weight and a whole other thing to discover that you actually have gained a few pounds! (Right?) So if you're one of those who's going to have a holly-jolly weekend, you'd better make time to get your workouts in. Did you get a piece of exercise equipment for Christmas like a treadmill or a new stepper? Maybe you got some free weights or some new exercise outfits. Or maybe you got a new pair of cross trainers. Well, I say start using all those great new gifts. And if you didn't get any of good-for-you workout stuff, maybe you'll find a bargain on workout gear during your final shopping spree this weekend!

I have to keep reminding you that you do not want to have a weight-gain before you enter 2009. I want you to enter the new year triumphantly with a weight-loss! So watch your portions carefully this weekend and drink your water...all of it. And if you're attending one last holiday party, watch the alcohol and don't stay out too late!And when you get home, brush your teeth, don't forget to floss and get on your knees to say your prayers before turning in for the night. (Do I sound like your mother again?)I wish you were all here to take class with me at Slimmons today. I know, I'd knock some of that stuffing right off of your hips!Love,