RemedySpot.com

Weekly weigh-in - mixed bag

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We are slowly digging out from the biggest snowstorm in Pacific NW in something like 40 years. It's now wet and slushy out there. We've postponed our big family celebration to Jan 3. However, I have a thawed, 18lb turkey that needs to be cooked TODAY. Like, I'm starting him in about an hour.

I've been sick all week, and not eating much. Coughing and not sleeping (bad for DH, too) and cabin fever. Yesterday (before we postponed the event from today), I made a double batch of party mix and well, that stuff is hard to keep out of (grin). Finally, bagged it up, and might stick in freezer.

I decided to brave the warming, slushy elements and take 2 busses over to WW. It was surprisingly easy, and I was only 5 minutes late. We missed last week's meeting because snow was starting and we wanted to get the groceries first. So, this is a number for 2 weeks, one of which I was pretty sick - down 8.6 lbs. (!!) I know this isn't a genuine loss because I'm not eating much the last week or so. However, I'd like to minimize the "recovery gain" to 2 lbs for next week.

The next weigh-in will be just hours before the Big Feast, so I won't know for 2 more weeks how successful Christmas will or won't have been, foodwise.

Ya gotta keep on keeping on.

Eileen in OR