RemedySpot.com

's New Year's Eve 2008 motd

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'M SITTING AT MY DESK...

Wednesday, 31 December 2008

....about to write down my resolutions for 2009. As I sit here, I can see that there're a lot of things on my desk. There's a photo of me and my mother, Shirley. There's a clock, a few of my favorite dolls from my collection and lots lots of E-mails and letters that have to be answered.

And right next to my phone is an index card that contains all of the resolutions I made for 2008. That list has stayed in the same place the whole year long. I look at it every day and I just reviewed it again, a few minutes ago. I'm proud to say that I've met all of the resolutions I made at the beginning of 2008!I had 14 resolutions in all and wow, they are all checked off...done! When I begin writing my shiny new list, I'll carry some of last year's resolutions over into this new year of 2009. And I was thinking, you know, resolutions must challenge you. Last year on my list was to teach more classes at Slimmons that were really fun. That's one of the resolutions I will carry over this year. Another resolution I made last year was to read three books a month to help keep my mind sharp. I'm upping the ante on that one in 2009 by resolving to read four books a month.

Last year, I promised myself that I would continue to eat healthy. And I have to tell you, sometimes that was a hard one to follow! But I only ate fast food one time in all of 2008 and only had pizza four times. Hey, somebody plant a gold star right here on my forehead!Number Six on my list of resolutions for 2008 was to exercise more and my body is so glad that I kept that one.So, I have part of my list for 2009 already made. And how are you doing with your list, huh? You should already have an idea of some of the categories to be included on your list of resolutions but let's go over them, shall we?Let's see, there's health, there's peace and career should be in there, too. Hmmm, you've gotta include love, adventure and of course, in this day and age, you've gotta include finances. There're a few categories for you right there. But I'm sure, depending on your own life, there are a lot more where those came from.

After I finish writing this message, I will turn off my telephone and concentrate on completing my list of resolutions for 2009. And after I finish writing them all down, I'll put them right next to my telephone, just like I did last year. I will look at my list everyday to remind myself of the goals I've set for 2009. And that's the way I will make those resolutions become reality.Now you know your own list of New Year's resolutions is very private and you should show it to no one. So keep it someplace safe where only your eyes will see it. If you have a journal or maybe got one for Christmas, it would be the perfect place to keep your list of resolutions. And by the way, what do you have planned for tonight, New Year's Eve? Who will you be with? Well, whoever you share the last moments of 2008 with, may you have a joyous night!For me, it'll be just me, Hattie and Dolly sharing some bubbly together...as in water.

Happy, safe New Year's Eve to you all!Love,