RemedySpot.com

's warning, Friday Dec 12, 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

YOU'RE NOT GONNA LIKE THIS MESSAGE

Friday, 12 December 2008

I thought and thought and thought about whether I should write this message or not. I mean, most of you are in a festive and happy mood this time if year but I decided I still needed to write it, anyway.

You know how easy it is to let yourself go and gain weight. Especially if you're not facing your weight by getting on the scale. Hey, scales aren't very popular in December. In fact, I would say that if I went to a lot of homes in America today, the scale would either be covered with dust or put away in a closet. And that poor little scale is so sad being locked away like that. No one stands on it and the little lighted numbers don't get to flash at all, the whole month long. It's boring in the closet for those scales!

Lots of people decide, this month, they'll just have a "free-for-all" with the food. Even when your clothes get tight, it doesn't bother you in December. Everyone declares..."Oh, I'll just get back on program in January."Uh-huh. But if you really mess up and get careless with your food, you'll also have a weight-gain this month. And, come January, you'll have to work off the pounds of December plus the weight you were already trying to lose before the month started. Now seriously, is that the way you want to begin the new year?I'm not going to lie to you. I've been guilty of the same thing. Food tastes great year-round but it seems to tastes even greater in December! (Why is that?) Oh, I love all those little handmade cookies and candies. And what can I say about stuffing? I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner and in the past...I have! And yes, I've put the scale away for December then take it back out at the start of January.

One time, I gained eleven pounds in the month of December alone. And the truth is, it can take another couple of months to get rid of that weight you put on over the holidays. It all just makes no sense.I don't want you to get on the scale January 1st and end up shocked out of your mind. I need you to get your scale out of the closet, dust it off and weigh yourself on it...today! We're almost halfway through December already and for this second half of the month, I want you to lose and not gain any more weight.

So will you work really hard and prove to yourself that you are able to face all this holiday food and not be a glutton. Remember, gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins. (Oooh, sounds really spooky, doesn't it?)Drink your water, eat more salads, don't eat late at night. Eat sensibly from all of the six food groups. Don't eat off other's plates. Don't raid the refrigerator for leftovers at night. Don't skip a breakfast this month. These are your marching orders, all right? I want you to be a strong little soldier, marching to the tune of a healthier beat, this second half of December!Love,