RemedySpot.com

's motd Christmas 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

COULDN'T SLEEP!

Thursday, 25 December 2008

When I was a kid, I could never get to sleep on Christmas Eve. But oh, I used to fake it for my parents though. "Now , you and Lenny get to bed and go to sleep! That way, Santa will come tonight and we'll get up in the morning to see what he left for us under the tree."

Shirley, my dear sweet mother, said the sweetest things. But let me tell you, I had no intention of listening to her. Hey, not on Christmas Eve!

What I would be listening for was the sound of that sleigh landing on our roof! And we did have a big fireplace in the living room which I couldn't wait for Santa to come down. And then I'd listen for him to bring the packages down that chimney and into the house.My mother would always leave an oyster Po-Boy and a bottle of Barq's Root Beer for Santa. (She wanted him to have something a little more substantial than sugar cookies and milk!)

My brother Lenny was the kind of kid who'd lay his head on the pillow and conk right out. (God bless him.) But me, try as I might, (which wasn't much), I just couldn't get my eyes to shut! When I heard Lenny snoring, that was my cue to ease out of bed and slither like a little snake out of my room.If I heard even the slightest noise as I tipped toward the living room, I'd scamper back to my room and pretend I was sound asleep! One Christmas, my father must have heard me snooping around and walked to my room to see if I were up to anything. I had gotten back into bed just in time and heard him say under his breath, "You little devil."

Who...me?! Well, since I never went to sleep, I was the first one up on Christmas morning. So I'd tippy-toe to the living room and spot the presents under the tree for me! After that, I'd get back into bed and wait for everyone else to stir.Last night, I put out a tossed green salad, some chicken vegetable soup and a nice pot of tea for Santa. And when I got up this morning, like magic, the plates, bowl and teapot were all empty. And oh boy, Santa did leave a few presents beneath the tree for me!I hope Santa left some great stuff for you beneath your tree, too. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I wish we could all be together at the North Pole exercising with Santa, Mrs. Claus and all the Elves. Hmmm, maybe there's a holiday-themed workout DVD in my future!Love,