RemedySpot.com

Re: So, did everyone survive?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, due to a huge snowstorm in Pacific NW, largest in some 40 years, we haven't HAD our celebration yet. We're aiming for tomorrow if the temps stay up. I've got terrible cabin fever.

Also, I've been down with some coughing, respiratory crud all week. If I wasn't already scheduled for vacation this week, I would have been home sick. That has certainly cut down on the snacky-snacky and I'm sure there were some last-minute goodies that showed up at work and I don't miss those. I still don't really have my appetite back, although turkey (which I'm cooking this year), potatoes (which I love but which I rarely cook because DH can't have them) and gravy would be just the things to bring it roaring back.

We skipped WW due to the storm last weekend, and now tomorrow we'll be prepping for the meal, so not sure. Depending on the slush out there, I was considering going to a meeting today, if I can find the schedule online.

Sue, it sounds like you actually did quite well for a holiday meal. The apple dessert sounds healthy but a little decadent. As far as compulsively overeating broccoli, well. Years ago, I was in Overeaters Anonymous, and they referenced this phenomenon. Even if it's tuna fish and carrots, if you are eating emotionally and not in response to true hunger signals, even the good stuff can be eaten "badly." Of course, you have to eat a lot of baby carrots to out-calorie a Hostess fruit pie (grin).

I hope everyone has a relaxing holiday weekend, bump up your water intake, and, as Sue said, don't wait til Monday to start over if you feel you slipped.

EB

In a message dated 12/26/2008 4:23:18 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, sue_in_nj@... writes:

I hope everyone had a nice time yesterday and also plan on getting right back on track today. Don't wait until Monday or your scale will groan like mine did this morning!

I did alright "yesterday" since we celebrated on Christmas Eve this year. With the weather, the kids didn't want to have to get up to head home at the crack of dawn on Christmas day, so we went to my mother's for dinner (mac n cheese), had dessert (a wonderful peppermint cake) and went home to open presents before they left.

Christmas Day, oldest ds and I played it cool and then went to see Yes Man.

:o)

I'm sure the scale is up from the goodies and treats, but I'm back on track today.

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now.

In a message dated 12/26/2008 8:23:25 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, ebax@... writes:

Well, due to a huge snowstorm in Pacific NW, largest in some 40 years, we haven't HAD our celebration yet. We're aiming for tomorrow if the temps stay up. I've got terrible cabin fever.

Hugs Eileen!! If you are looking at what we're looking at, it's supposed to be in the 30s this weekend with forecasted snow/rain mix.

Can you say SLOP??

Yuk.

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now.