RemedySpot.com

's mots Thurs Dec 11, 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE LAND OF LAKES

Thursday, 11 December 2008

I remember when I got a call from my manager, M.C. and he told me that I had received an offer to do a commercial for Yoplait Yogurt. You know, I'm very funny about doing commercials. See, I don't endorse a lot of things and the products that I do endorse, well, they have to be products that I've used personally.

So when I got the news about Yoplait, I went to my refrigerator and told all of the little cartons of Yoplait chilling in there that I was about to become their new spokesperson! And I loved doing the commercial for Yoplait, too. It was just so much fun! And where ever I go these days, people tell me they've seen it and how much it made them laugh.Yoplait has been running the commercial for quite a while now and I'm glad to know that it's working so well for them. Well, a month ago, I got another call. This time, I was told that Yoplait wanted me to come to Minneapolis and visit their corporate headquarters.Well, I love the state of Minnesota. It is the "Land of A Thousand Lakes," you know. The people there are really down to earth and friendly, just like us southerners. I've been visiting Minneapolis since 1979, when I began doing personal appearances for General Hospital.

But I have to tell you, Minnesota is cold! (Or did I have to tell you?) And here I am going there in the middle of December, too! According to the Weather Channel, I'll be greeted by temps in the single digits...br-r-r-r-r! But you know me, rain, shine, sleet or snow...I'm on the go!I remember going to Minneapolis when the Mall of America first opened. It was the largest shopping mall in America, if not in the world at the time! I couldn't believe how huge it was. I mean, not only was there shopping the size of a small city all under one roof but it also had its own full-fledged amusement park. Yes, complete with rides and everything. Wow!I've done a number of personal appearances at Mall of America. I remember going there for several book tours and of course for my Sweatin' To The Oldies tours.

People from Minnesota have the cutest little accents. I just have to smile when I hear them. They have a slightly Canadian flavor when they speak. (I guess it's because they're so close to the border.)One of my favorite people in the whole wide world lives in Minnesota. Her name is Annie Wahl and she is one world-class doll artist. I have many of her works in my home. She and her delightful husband, Tom, are coming to my hotel tonight to join me for a salad and some good conversation. I'm so excited because I haven't seen Annie in several years.

Friday morning, I'll get up nice and early to head over to the Yoplait offices to spend some time with them. Of course, I'll be doing a little exercise class with the employees. We'll work out to Beyonce's new song, Single Ladies. I'll also make them sweat a little with Brittany Spears new single, Womanizer. I'll probably throw in a little YMCA and Disco Inferno. (That ought to warm everybody up!)Afterwards, I expect to be served some Yoplait Yogurt and m-m-m-m, I'll love that! Yoplait has some pretty amazing new flavors like Boston Cream Pie, Strawberry Shortcake and Key Lime Pie. (They taste good and are low in fat and calories...such a deal!) Give them a try and you'll see why it's so easy for me to endorse their products! Okay, I'm off to the airport!Love,