RemedySpot.com

's MOTD Wed Dec 10, 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

NASTY!

Wednesday, 10 December 2008

Oh! Some people can just be so nasty! I received a letter from a lady the other day who told me that people say the nastiest things to her...because she's overweight.

For instance, she was walking down the street as a carload of teenagers drove by and they yelled out the windows calling her "Miss Piggy!" They also yelled even worse things and I really don't need to mention them here! And let's just be honest, when people do things like that..it hurts!

Whenever anyone said something insulting or nasty to me about my weight when I was a kid, it hurt me to my heart. When people say those very terrible things to us, they're rejecting us. They're putting us down and can make you feel low to the ground. And of course, you never get used to it. As long as you carry that extra weight, there will always be someone saying something to shatter your self-esteem. It doesn't just take other people to make nasty comments about you, though. I know that because a lot of you make very nasty comments to yourselves about yourselves.I received another E-mail from a lady who just about curses herself out every morning as she gets dressed for work. Her conversations with herself go something like this:

"Oh, just look at those fat legs of yours! You can hardly get your pantyhose on lately. You have to hold your stomach in to get into just about any dress or pair of pants in your closet. And look, one of your arms is the size of two for any other person. You are just embarrassing to be seen with!"Now tell me, how is a conversation like that with yourself going to help you loose weight? Talk about putting a hole in your self-esteem! Some people actually look in the mirror and say nasty things to their own reflections. Some people get in their cars and as they buckle up their seat belts, think nasty thoughts about themselves. And that same negative self-conversation happens at work, too. And then, where it really gets nasty and I do mean nasty is at night. You know, like when you take off your clothes to get into your jammy pammies. Yes, it's that last long look at yourself naked before you retire to bed. One more nasty, negative nightcap about yourself before you have, uh..."sweet dreams!"

Now look, you're not going to change the world where no one is ever going to make fun of fat people again. But you can change yourself by finding the good in yourself. And it begins with paying yourself some well-deserved compliments.Remember, good comes from good. Start building your self-respect and you'll begin seeing the weight come off, too. What do I mean? Well, once you learn to like yourself more, you'll be more inclined to take better care of yourself. You'll plan the best meals for yourself. And you'll be more devoted getting your workouts in everyday, too.Then, after a few months, when it's time for you to take off your clothes and get into your jammies, you'll look at your reflection and smile, seeing the results of all your hard work.So look, no more nasty, that is, unless you're dancing to a Janet song. Just make sure there are no "wardrobe malfunctions!"Love,