RemedySpot.com

So, did everyone survive?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I made the mistake of getting on the scale this morning. 5 pounds higher than Tuesday?!?!

Ham can do that to a person, so I'm not panicking (too much) about it, especially since I ate only 1 1/2 slices of it (my yearly indulgence) and loaded up on the veggies and dessert. Don't get your panties in a bunch! Dessert was an apple cobbler, made with 2 cans of plain sliced apples and a few shakes of various spices and topped with a fat-free oatmeal/soymilk/spice crumbly topping. I did splurge with some fatfree Cool Whip. One thing I didn't have enough of was water. I'll make up for it later, when I'm in for the day.

Some great sage once wrote that nobody compulsively overeats broccoli. He don't know us very well, do he? I can overeat not just broccoli but the baby carrots and peas we had yesterday, as well as the plain mashed potatoes made with just low-fat soy milk (The boys added butter to theirs), salt, pepper and garlic. Food is food and too much is too much. And nearly everyone eats too much during a holiday meal. :)

So it's back on track today. The leftovers are "planned overs" and the ham will be eaten next week by Ed when I have a soup and sandwich dinner planned; the potatoes will be cooked up on Sunday on the Foreman grill for potato pancakes for lunch; the veggies will be my lunch today; Ed eats leftover stuffing and cranberries like candy so he'll finish them off tonight as a snack. He can also have the leftover biscuits for dunking into the vegetable soup I'll make to go with those potatoes on Sunday.

On the exercise front, the only thing done yesterday was weight lifting, bringing the fork from table to mouth and back again. Today I already did a 1-mile Sansone video and when I get back from the laundromat I'll do ' BlastOff. The woman who lives beneath me is now working alternate shifts and is sleeping during the daylight hours, so no treadmill until she gets back on the day shift.

I hope everyone had a nice time yesterday and also plan on getting right back on track today. Don't wait until Monday or your scale will groan like mine did this morning!

See you all later.

Sue in NJ"Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice." ~Dave Barry